Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are the holiday events mainly in Factions?

Shaggy67Shaggy67 Member Posts: 76

I have noticed that most of the holiday events seem to be hosted on Factions. Is this always the case or is it just me.  I haven't played for long so I was just wanting some comments from others that have played for a while to see if this is true or not.  I only have prophecies and was disappointed that the July 4th event was on factions and I had no way to join the event. 

Comments

• SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

There is only one holiday event specifically tied to Factions (Cantha): the annual Dragon Festival which analogously celebrates the Chinese New Year. All other events - Halloween (my favorite), Christmas, Easter, St. Patrick's Day (to name the other "majors") - are celebrated in all three campaigns.

The Dragon Festival was actually celebrated twice this summer, presumably because the first event fell on July 4th weekend, when many people were not able to attend due to America's Independence Day holiday.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

All other events are held in all other Campaigns too.

• Shaggy67Shaggy67 Member Posts: 76

Originally posted by Serling

There is only one holiday event specifically tied to Factions (Cantha): the annual Dragon Festival which analogously celebrates the Chinese New Year. All other events - Halloween (my favorite), Christmas, Easter, St. Patrick's Day (to name the other "majors") - are celebrated in all three campaigns.
    The Dragon Festival was actually celebrated twice this summer, presumably because the first event fell on July 4th weekend, when many people were not able to attend due to America's Independence Day holiday.
    Hello Serling,

Thanks for replying ,now I understand what was going on. I started right at July 4th and when I checked to see about the July 4th event. I was looking at the Dragon Festival and that's what got me confused.I'm glad to know that my assumption was wrong ,it was just bad timing.Leave it to me to check on my  first holiday event in Guild Wars and end up finding the only event tied to one specific campaign. Lol    It makes me feel so lucky! Lol     No wonder my friend was giving me strange looks 

Thanks for replying and letting me know I was wrong.I would have been really ticked if I had missed the Halloween event.From the screenshots it looks like it will be a lot of fun to play.I'm glad to see you're a fan of the event too and I will be eager to join in the event when they start it.

The people here at MMORPG are awsome and so helpful with my questions.Thanks