Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stupid Americans

2

Comments

  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

    Originally posted by Theodoryk

    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X


    I wasn't even laughing at that stuff and I don't need anything spoonfed so put your own baby spoon in your damn mouth.



    Are you about done being oversensitive about your national identity? Ok then.

    It's useless flaming you. If it makes you a happy baby then I'm done.

    -In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

  • Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

    Originally posted by Theodoryk

    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X


    I wasn't even laughing at that stuff and I don't need anything spoonfed so put your own baby spoon in your damn mouth.



    Are you about done being oversensitive about your national identity? Ok then.


    Hating Americans doesn't make you seem cultured or intelligent.  In fact your previous rant about Spiderman and MTV makes you look ignorant at best.  I know it was a countershot but it still made you look bad.

    Side note: The Miss America pageant is nothing more than the top US beauty pageant.  If it featured intelligent woman I don't think any networks would want to televise it.

    Just not worth my time anymore.

  • baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

     

    Originally posted by Theutus

    Originally posted by Theodoryk


     
    Originally posted by maledicta777


     
    Originally posted by dhartz


    lol guys this may be old but its realy funny..and shocking. Anyway dont get me wrong Americans in whole arent stupid but they just have alot of dumbasses,,,,

    Says the guy from ljubljana, Slovenia.  Let me know when you or your country count.   In the meantime, I'll stay American and enjoy it.

     

    - Mal



    Stupid people can be found anywhere. This exceptional brand of stupid can only be found in the USA, however. 

     

    Why is it that 1/5 Americans can't point out the USA on a map of the world? Because rather than teaching history and geography, the American education system is centered around teaching children that the world outside of the USA is insignificant and indeed completely irrelevant,

    I don't know about the US public school you went to in Canada, but in my experience there are plenty classes focused on the world outside the US. I had to memorize a world map in World Geography... in public school. English/Literature encouraged the reading of many authors abroad and from home. Different mathematics classes went into where the various formulas originated. In my high school there was a mock UN program for those students so inclined to learn what the purpose of that socialist organization is. Among many other classes and topics covered over the years that I'm not going to list here.

    That's not to say there aren't problems with the system... dumbing down of standardized testing, eliminating cursive writing, allowing calculators, etc...

    and as long as they know that no one but the good ol US of A "counts", they'll be fine. This is all well and good, however, because America doesn't need educated youth, they need youth that will go to Iraq and die for their country. Hopped up on Spiderman and MTV, you too could be a true American hero! Join the American armed forces today, be somebody! you illiterate hick.... <---stfu bobble-head

     

    Not really saying much for the U.S. educational system if it's teaching it's students that the U.N. is a "socialist organisation".

     

    One of America's problems with international awareness, is that it is very isolated from foreign influence. Geographically. (And even Geopolitically). A person living in Iowa is not living only 30 miles away from an entirely different culture, with a seperate language, cuisine, history, arts and political system. Let alone five or six. There are 100's of millions fo people living in America with no regular interaction with foreign cultures. Foreign guests from around the world, don't exactly make up significant proportions of every towns population. The domestic populaton don't leave America when they travel. They don't holiday in Spain, France and Italy twice a year, they fly to Florida and Vegas. They don't live in tourist towns or international centres like New York etc. and half of it's geographical neighbours share an almost identical cultural heritage anyway. It's not exactly Europe.

    The same can of course be said of any other geographically large countries or also poor countries with limited access to individual transportation.

     

    Geopolitcally America is not especially dependant on it's co-operation with other countries for it's very survival or for it's social or technological advancements. It's position as a world leader leaves the population with no intrinsic respect of the achievements of other nations. The American way of life to large extent is evry bit capable of self sustaining itself in isolation from the rest of the world. No need to embrace other peoples methods. No respect or learning born out of necessity. No litany of recent and crushing foreign invasions or domestic interventions forcing it upon them.

    As an above poster noted, the culture of Slovenia is of no relavence or intrest to him. Why should he waste his time thinking about it?

    It takes more than holding irrelevant classes in school to educate students, they require the impetus and motivation to learn. A practical application of those skills.

  • TheodorykTheodoryk Member Posts: 1,453

    Look mom, I managed to net me a whole school of chest-thumping idiots who take everything they read literaly. That's so impressive.

    Just to keep things clear, I <3 America and still consider the USA to be a shining light of hope and nobility. Truly, one cannot deny the great good that the American nation has done in its two-hundred some years of existance, the positive influence it has had on the course of history in general. I'm the biggest America luver on this forum, as anyone who knows me around here can testify. What I don't abide is over-sensitive, chest thumping idiots who are quick to flame any post they view as anti-American. Grow the fuck up, or at least develop some reading comprehension skills.

    p.s: I learned a new lesson from this forum today. People who have a low IQ themselves like to use the term "makes you / doesn't make you seem intelligent". Maybe you carefully engineer your posts to make them "seem" intelligent in a vain effort to cover up the fact that you've never had an original thought in your life. Me, I just write, sorry that you find my vocabulary challenging, read a book it might help.

    "Speaking haygywaygy or some other gibberish with your mum doesn't make you foreign."
    -baff

  • CactusmanXCactusmanX Member Posts: 2,218

    Not really that surprising, I remember in school, world geography was never an important subject and they didn't teach much, not even U.S. or state geography, probably because if they did too many members of the football team would have failed, and the school doesn't want to keep their income, I mean athletes, from playing.

    Don't you worry little buddy. You're dealing with a man of honor. However, honor requires a higher percentage of profit

  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

    I think America should spend some less money on wars, and some more money on maps.

  • MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461

    Originally posted by Gameloading


    I think America should spend some less money on wars, and some more money on maps.
    That's where you're wrong. When you conquer the world then it doesn't matter where you point on the world map, it's your country.

     

    It's just them sissy commie leftists that don't let the US take over the world and thus all that money on the military is wasted. Morans.

  • CactusmanXCactusmanX Member Posts: 2,218

    Originally posted by Gameloading


    I think America should spend some less money on wars, and some more money on maps.

    www.mapsforus.org/

    Don't you worry little buddy. You're dealing with a man of honor. However, honor requires a higher percentage of profit

  • PyritePyrite Member Posts: 309

    America must stop bragging that it's the greatest country on earth and start acting like it. Now, I know this is uncomfortable for the faith-over-facts crowd, but the greatness of a country can, to a large degree, be measured. Here are some numbers: Infant mortality rate, America ranks 48th in the world; overall health, 72nd; freedom of the press, 44; literacy, 55th. Do you realize there are 12-year-old kids in this country who can't spell the name of the teacher they're having sex with?



    Now, America, I will admit, has done many great things: making the New World democratic comes to mind, the Marshall Plan, curing polio, beating Hitler, the deep-fried Twinkie. But what have we done for us lately? We're not the freest country. That would be Holland, where you can smoke hash in church, and Janet Jackson's nipple is on their flag.



    And, sadly, we're no longer a country that can get things done, either. Not big things, like building a tunnel under Boston or running a war with competence. We had six years to fix the voting machines. Couldn't get that done. The FBI is just now getting email!



    Prop 87 in California was about lessening our dependence on oil by using alternative fuels, and Bill Clinton comes on at the end of the ad and says, "If Brazil can do it, America can, too." Excuse me, since when did America have to buck itself up by saying we could catch up to Brazil?! We invented the airplane and the lightbulb. They invented the bikini wax, and now they're ahead?!



    In most of the industrialized world, nearly everyone has health care. And hardly anyone doubts evolution. And, yes, having to live amid so many superstitious dimwits is also something that affects quality of life. It's why America isn't going to be the country that gets the inevitable patents in stem cell cures, because Jesus thinks it's too close to cloning!



    Oh, and did I mention we owe China a trillion dollars? We owe everybody money. America is a debtor nation to Mexico! We're not on a bridge to the 21st century. We're on a bus to Atlantic City with a roll of quarters.



    And this is why it bugs me that so many people talk like it's 1955 and we're still number one in everything. We're not. And I take no glee in saying this, because I love my country, and I wish we were. But when you're number 55 in this category and number 92 in that one, you look a little silly waving the big foam "Number One" finger.



    As long as we believe being the greatest country in the world is a birthright, we'll keep coasting on the achievements of earlier generations and we'll keep losing the moral high ground. Because we may not be the biggest or the healthiest or the best educated. But we always did have one thing no other place did. We knew soccer was bullshit.



    And...and we also had a little thing called the Bill of Rights. A great nation doesn't torture people or make them disappear without a trial. Bush keeps saying the terrorists hate us for our freedom. And he's working damn hard to see that pretty soon that won't be a problem.

     

    youtube.com/watch

    The most important part of reading is reading between the lines.

  • TheodorykTheodoryk Member Posts: 1,453

    Pyrite, that's probably the best post I've seen written by an American regarding America....ever. Very well said, I applaud you.

    "Speaking haygywaygy or some other gibberish with your mum doesn't make you foreign."
    -baff

  • MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461

     

    Why?

     

    Because of the US maps of course:

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

    America will always be the number 1 in American Football, if it makes anyone feel any better...

  • MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461

    Originally posted by Pyrite


    America must stop bragging that it's the greatest country on earth and start acting like it. Now, I know this is uncomfortable for the faith-over-facts crowd, but the greatness of a country can, to a large degree, be measured. Here are some numbers: Infant mortality rate, America ranks 48th in the world; overall health, 72nd; freedom of the press, 44; literacy, 55th. Do you realize there are 12-year-old kids in this country who can't spell the name of the teacher they're having sex with?



    Now, America, I will admit, has done many great things: making the New World democratic comes to mind, the Marshall Plan, curing polio, beating Hitler, the deep-fried Twinkie. But what have we done for us lately? We're not the freest country. That would be Holland, where you can smoke hash in church, and Janet Jackson's nipple is on their flag.



    And, sadly, we're no longer a country that can get things done, either. Not big things, like building a tunnel under Boston or running a war with competence. We had six years to fix the voting machines. Couldn't get that done. The FBI is just now getting email!



    Prop 87 in California was about lessening our dependence on oil by using alternative fuels, and Bill Clinton comes on at the end of the ad and says, "If Brazil can do it, America can, too." Excuse me, since when did America have to buck itself up by saying we could catch up to Brazil?! We invented the airplane and the lightbulb. They invented the bikini wax, and now they're ahead?!



    In most of the industrialized world, nearly everyone has health care. And hardly anyone doubts evolution. And, yes, having to live amid so many superstitious dimwits is also something that affects quality of life. It's why America isn't going to be the country that gets the inevitable patents in stem cell cures, because Jesus thinks it's too close to cloning!



    Oh, and did I mention we owe China a trillion dollars? We owe everybody money. America is a debtor nation to Mexico! We're not on a bridge to the 21st century. We're on a bus to Atlantic City with a roll of quarters.



    And this is why it bugs me that so many people talk like it's 1955 and we're still number one in everything. We're not. And I take no glee in saying this, because I love my country, and I wish we were. But when you're number 55 in this category and number 92 in that one, you look a little silly waving the big foam "Number One" finger.



    As long as we believe being the greatest country in the world is a birthright, we'll keep coasting on the achievements of earlier generations and we'll keep losing the moral high ground. Because we may not be the biggest or the healthiest or the best educated. But we always did have one thing no other place did. We knew soccer was bullshit.



    And...and we also had a little thing called the Bill of Rights. A great nation doesn't torture people or make them disappear without a trial. Bush keeps saying the terrorists hate us for our freedom. And he's working damn hard to see that pretty soon that won't be a problem.
     
    youtube.com/watch

    QFT. People like you give me hope that the US (and let's be honest, Europe) will not be living on Chinese aid in the 2070's.

     

    Ah, the US is first in obesity. Yes, I kick people when they're down. Usually in the kidneys, balls or eyesocket.

  • baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

    Originally posted by Gameloading


    I think America should spend some less money on wars, and some more money on maps.
    I think the American Military effort has provided the world with many of the best maps available. Not to mention GPS navigation.

    I'm like another of the posters here, I learn my atlas geography from war maps in the newspaper or my military themed video games. A lot of good comes out of wars, not just bad.

  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by baff


     
    Originally posted by Gameloading


    I think America should spend some less money on wars, and some more money on maps.
    I think the American Military effort has provided the world with many of the best maps available. Not to mention GPS navigation.

     

    I'm like another of the posters here, I learn my atlas geography from war maps in the newspaper or my military themed video games. A lot of good comes out of wars, not just bad.

    If 1 out of every 5 Americans is unable to point out the US on a map, there is clearly a shortage of maps.

  • baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

     

    Originally posted by Theodoryk


    Pyrite, that's probably the best post I've seen written by an American regarding America....ever. Very well said, I applaud you.

    And for me, one of the worst.

     

    Just imagine the humilitation of mighty Americans actually having something to learn from those filthy foriegners. Just imagine those sub human Brazillians actually having something to offer the planet. It's an outrage.

    Americans must work hard to maintain their position in the world as the master race.

     

    Pretty much encompasses all I like least about America that post.

    Militant Xenophobia on the march. A deep seated beleif in the either the superiority of the American people/way of life or a deep seated desire for America's manifold destiny of world superiority. Recognition for Americas' rightful place of number 1 in the world. Coupled with an open contempt for all things foreign and a total disrespect for the cultures of others.

    Can't really distinguish this sort of stuff from the Nazi movement, myself.

  • baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457
    Originally posted by Gameloading

    Originally posted by baff


     
    Originally posted by Gameloading


    I think America should spend some less money on wars, and some more money on maps.
    I think the American Military effort has provided the world with many of the best maps available. Not to mention GPS navigation.

     

    I'm like another of the posters here, I learn my atlas geography from war maps in the newspaper or my military themed video games. A lot of good comes out of wars, not just bad.

    If 1 out of every 5 Americans is unable to point out the US on a map, there is clearly a shortage of maps.

    I'm more likely to question the intelligence of the person who compiled that survey than that of the average American. Same for anyone who buys into it.

  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by baff

    Originally posted by Gameloading

    Originally posted by baff


     
    Originally posted by Gameloading


    I think America should spend some less money on wars, and some more money on maps.
    I think the American Military effort has provided the world with many of the best maps available. Not to mention GPS navigation.

     

    I'm like another of the posters here, I learn my atlas geography from war maps in the newspaper or my military themed video games. A lot of good comes out of wars, not just bad.

    If 1 out of every 5 Americans is unable to point out the US on a map, there is clearly a shortage of maps.

    I'm more likely to question the intelligence of the person who compiled that survey than that of the average American. Same for anyone who buys into it.

    I agree

  • Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939

    Originally posted by Theodoryk


    Pyrite, that's probably the best post I've seen written by an American regarding America....ever. Very well said, I applaud you.
    Pyrite didn't write it.  He likes to quote Bill Maher.  This time I see he actually took out the "Rules" portion of the quotation.

    www.hbo.com/billmaher/new_rules/20061027.html

    Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

    Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

  • Ghost12Ghost12 Member Posts: 684

    Im surprised this thread hasnt been deleted or closed yet

  • DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Originally posted by Dekron

    Originally posted by RainStar


     
    Originally posted by Ibexto


    In general about 20% of the population are dumbasses.  The problem with America is that 20% of 300,000,000 is still 60,000,000 thats a shit load of dumbasses.  No wonder the media has such a field day.  My question is, where the hell do you put them all? 

     

     

    The White House.

    "The question is, is our children learning?" ~ G.W. Bush



    Actually the quote was "rarely is the question asked:  Is our children learning?"

    Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

  • frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396

    Hummmm,lets see America,doh,How many people die each year trying  to come to the dumb country ? anyone would like guest.O lets how many of u Americans would be willing to leave this dumm country and go live where ???Yes we rule the known world the greatest country the face of the earth has ever seen.O which country gives out the most food the most money out want to guess.Which country freed the known world, Europe,mainly and japan which is or best friend,DOh who would defend Canada which cant defend their selfs,just keep beating up your country u bunch of simple mind twits !!!!!

     

     

     

     

     

     

    40% of California  pollution comes from china which is building 1 coal fired plant every month for the next 5 yrs with out  clean scrubbers on them and u think u can change your carbon foot print and make a difference!!!! your a moron

    Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

  • MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461

    Originally posted by frodus


    Hummmm,lets see America,doh,How many people die each year trying  to come to the dumb country ? anyone would like guest.O lets how many of u Americans would be willing to leave this dumm country and go live where ???Yes we rule the known world the greatest country the face of the earth has ever seen.O which country gives out the most food the most money out want to guess.Which country freed the known world, Europe,mainly and japan which is or best friend,DOh who would defend Canada which cant defend their selfs,just keep beating up your country u bunch of simple mind twits !!!!!
     
     
     
     
     
     
    40% of California  pollution comes from china which is building 1 coal fired plant every month for the next 5 yrs with out  clean scrubbers on them and u think u can change your carbon foot print and make a difference!!!! your a moron

    Now this is an awesome example of... You may fill that in.

     

    BTW, it's a coal plant EVERY DAY.

  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 577

    I for one recognize the usa as the true rulers of the planet and the greatest nation of all time because everytime alliens invade and they go like "take us to your leader" they take them to the white house and the usa president.Not to mention Rambo who beat the crap out of vietnam all by himself.Books are overated learn the world and its history from movies like me and you'll be fine.

  • Entreri28Entreri28 Member Posts: 589

    As I recall all my history classes before high school were either US history or state history.  In HS there was one year of world history, which was really the history of europe, mostly england, and then the second semester was pretty much all american history.  Then we had an american history class and an american government class.  Now I am in college and I am taking a political science class which so far has been "Everything american = l33t, everything else is flawed."  It is essentially american government, again.

    Your mind is like a parachute, it's only useful when it's open.
    Don't forget, you can use the block function on trolls.

Sign In or Register to comment.