Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another summer ends, back to paying people to group

admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070

I hate this time of year in WoW. Just like the previous two years, once the kiddies head back to school Im stuck struggling to find groups.

Ive been in que the past 5 nights for hours looking for heroic slave pens or heroic underbog. Nothing. I picked up some group quests and fear they'll get removed eventually for lack of finding anyone.

Last year at this time I had to resort many times to paying gold to get people to help. Currently  I have 3 group (rec 5) quests from some ogre. I want to do these as it will lead to another chain from some ogre in Lower City. Even if I by a miracle find 5 people to do those 3 quests, I will face more group quests in the next chain.

And before you say get some friends, i have plenty online friends. But guildies are busy as friends are. Everyone is off doing their own things. We raid a lot so once those are done they all log. I stay on to do quests, grind rep, etc. I play at the server time of 5pm til 1am sometimes.

Ive already resorted to paying out 100g for 4 others (25g per) to do the boss quest in Skettis. Im getting sick of sitting in que and having a ton of group quests that will never get done.

Thorz - 70 mage

shadow council

Comments

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

Originally posted by admriker4

I hate this time of year in WoW. Just like the previous two years, once the kiddies head back to school Im stuck struggling to find groups.
    Ive been in que the past 5 nights for hours looking for heroic slave pens or heroic underbog. Nothing. I picked up some group quests and fear they'll get removed eventually for lack of finding anyone.
    Last year at this time I had to resort many times to paying gold to get people to help. Currently  I have 3 group (rec 5) quests from some ogre. I want to do these as it will lead to another chain from some ogre in Lower City. Even if I by a miracle find 5 people to do those 3 quests, I will face more group quests in the next chain.
    And before you say get some friends, i have plenty online friends. But guildies are busy as friends are. Everyone is off doing their own things. We raid a lot so once those are done they all log. I stay on to do quests, grind rep, etc. I play at the server time of 5pm til 1am sometimes.
    Ive already resorted to paying out 100g for 4 others (25g per) to do the boss quest in Skettis. Im getting sick of sitting in que and having a ton of group quests that will never get done.
    Thorz - 70 mage
    shadow council

Change server will help

• jaharjahar Member Posts: 234

cry about it some more.. or try playing FFXI if you want to see what waiting to group is really like

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

yep lfg really sucks.

cross server instancing would solve this problem.

i seem to enjoy my alliance toons better during the winter months more players. = more groups.

• smartkidzsmartkidz Member Posts: 252

Yeah i know how you feel. But honestly if its like that...switch servers maybe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    =The best bash.org quote ever=
    Curt teh Juggler: our graduation ceremony was today, and right when some gamer nerd got his diploma, someone in the audience played the zelda "get item" music and he did the zelda spin-hold-out-item stance
    Curt teh Juggler: it was quite possibly the most amazing thing ever.

• CitrusCitrus Member Posts: 34

Get friends?  I almost never have trouble grouping.

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094

As some have said get friends or a guild.  Spend the time to build up a social network of people not in your guild but you enjoy to play with (from people you have grouped with b4 - add them to your friends list). I have about 8 people in my list who I can call on to help form a group or fill a spot.

When you get into a group and its a very good group, start to chat more than you would normally, don't be an ass just chat general between pulls or while pulls (if you groups is super-duper), you'll soon start to see people /w you to group with... thats my experience anyway.

The LFG tool is a very good tool, it just requires people to use it, right now it seems more of a desperation list, a group forms amoung friends and they look on the list of people signed up for dungeons on the LFG tool to fill the last spot or 2.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Do you help your guildies/friends? then they should be willing to help you out also, if not then they aren't much of a friend imo.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070

Ive tried all the suggestions posted here. I have friends in-game but theyre usually busy selling their wares or raiding. Game time is limited and theyre not going to spend 90% of their online time that particular evening doing something that doesnt benefit them.

Im not switching servers. If theyre anything like shadow council, getting into a top-tier raid guild is like applying for a job. Im not about to start over. Plus Im the best-known jewelcrafter on the server. The prices most JC charge for cuts are based on me....i set the price. If I leave the server, I lose a fortune in business.

I do have a group of friends that usually run together for heroics but that has fizzled out. Most have stopped running heroics and stick to just raiding now. I however still want a few items from some heroics.

I do the LFG channel and sign up on the LFG thingie. I never get an offer. Most badge farmers only hit places like Mech cause its fast and easy and gives 5 badges. Nobody wants Underbog.

Folks generally just arent very group friendly in WoW. The game is designed to very solo friendly. It attracts a certain type of player.

Last night I tried recruiting help for a simple boxx kill outside of Shatt. There was only two guards and then the boss to deal with. It was a 15 sec flight to reach the location. And despite how quick and easy this was, I didnt get a single person respond offering to help. Finally I broke down and offered 5g per player to come help. I got a flood of responses then. 3 minutes later, we killed Slaag and I was 20g poorer.

Now I can understand not wanting to fly over to Blades Edge and fight through some cave to help someone out. That takes time. But to be so lazy as to not help someone that would only take 2-3 minutes ???

At least with summer vacation there enough folks around to possibly find someone. As of now, Im having to pay people for help. This sux

• TolwynnTolwynn Member Posts: 240

i semi-agree also with OP.

this time of year, since i have known mmorpgs to exist, its always the same thing. end of summer= slow down in population of all mmorpg-type games.(for the most part)

I do, however,find that the fps type games load up more heavily than usual during the school year. Most likely due to ease of play before getting yelled at to hit the rack. 

------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    <insert gloat of ubar toon here>
    <insert random game here>
    <insert random game here>
    ---------------------------
    <insert witty anecdote here>
    <political/religious agenda here>

• thanos1313thanos1313 Member Posts: 183

wait you can swich servers? how do you do that cause the server im on blows

breaking news, a brawl broke out between the hogger and arthas the lich king downtown gadgetzan. there where no survivers