Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 = More complete and best MMO ever?

13»

Comments

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905
    Originally posted by letum6030

There is a huge difference between the farmers in this game and in other MMORPGs.  The farmers in L2 can seriously fuck you over.  Mob training resulting in a death where you drop an item (i think they got rid of weapon drops but not sure), they PK you and you lose exp and have to trek all the way back to where you were hunting, you defend yourself and you're fucked because 15 come out of the woodwork to kill you so you drop gear, if you defend yourself and you accidentally kill them when they turn white...game over.  They all come out of the wood work to kill you for your drops.  So the farmers in L2 farm the mobs, and farm people whenever they get the chance.  If you play, watch out for the dwarven farmers with their feint death. 

When was the last time you actually played L2?

• judgebeojudgebeo Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by huntter

Lineage is indeed the most complete MMO.much more than just the regular , kill 10 mobs = made 1 quest = 1 lvl up /10 mobs again = 1 more lvl :) lol and when u know u top lvl , and u only done quests and not mroe stuff to do, or u can PvP liek Wow, but at the end u get nothing ..hehe ,,there is no point the pvp there.but oh well lets hear opinions :)

L2 is quite old and from the first time was presented as a "hardcore" mmorpg. And really it is, it takes LOOOOOONG time to get level, LOOOOOONG time of griding... and long time of "work" to get fun... (personally, I dont understand this philosofy).

In the other side of the balance, seems that wow is really inspired on it, if Im not wrong was the first to put casttles sieges, and city management as "competition" (you fight to be the "one" that rules the city/casttle), it got classes, like Shillien Knight, that are original and combines aspects that other games, that are up to date, dont got, not everything inspired in D6D like lot of games seems to do, and, gorgeous graphics, love the dark elves and orcs.

So I think if this game was deeper in pvp and quest, deeper in competition and kills of the grind, Iwt will be really worth to pay for it.

• letum6030letum6030 Member Posts: 206

I played from open beta to just before Chornicle 2.

• aranhaaranha Member UncommonPosts: 171

I played l2 for alittle more than a year including korean beta and to about c2 and L2 offer things that most games dont offer. Politics! Its alot harder than the western mmorpgs due to the grind and gaining equipment. But one thing is for sure. No other mmorpg offers the open pvp and siege warfare that l2 has and its a really old game. Sadly bots have infected the servers and the old l2 charm has vansished. Ive played most of the mmorpgs and i can honestly say that l2 was probably the best ive ever played when it was released. You couldnt just go chop someone up in pieces without thinking about the consequences. Clans at war and alliances to dominate raidbosses and castles recruiting not only high levels but also newer players to expand their armies.

God i miss l2.. What have they done to you? 

Vuduchild - -=[Dominus Aurora]=-

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by letum6030

I played from open beta to just before Chornicle 2.

I see.........well thanks for being honest about it.