Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I know why

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I only played the game for 30 days a few months back. The game seemed to be well designed and very deep. After about level 10 the population dropped down a lot after the trial ppl. were gone. Still liking the game I decided to do a lot of solo but that did not seem to go too well. I would use strategy time and time again to attack one monster only to pull aggro from the entire mob. Ok this game is not solo friendly, I could live with that. At around 9 pm est it seemed as the population would start to increase this was kind of late for me to just start. A lot of chatting going on and everyone seemed to know each other " this is cool everyone was friendly". So I asked a few questions in open chat that a new person to the game would ask only to get no response or a smart remark, now the feeling of fun is starting to go away, however I'll just brush it off because EQ2 is still designed well.

Not ever being asked to join a party, I would ask for invites and got a few, only to find very very low tolerance  for new players to EQ2 not only me but had seen it with other new players. I recall in a dungeon one time I wes unable to engage in the conversation so I made a comparison to WoW and holy cow did I get from the group.

After 30 days I decided to cancel, I felt bad because EQ2 was such a good game but I just could not get in the click. You may ask if I don't like the game why am I here.........Well I'll tell you.........With nothing going on right now I find it easy to bounce around this web site reading stuff, And when I came across the topic  "EQ2 Haters"  I just hit the roof, In reading each post I could just see all the long turm players mad that no one likes EQ2 not knowing there the problem, the game is great !

It took months after my 30 days to realize whats wrong with such a good game an why no one new stays !!!

Comments

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

It's always a shame that things like this happens. i play on euro servers. When I started to play I found a lot of helpfull people. But I see some old players doing things like this. If you want to givi it another shot you can try joining a guild. In the guild chat you can ask everything and they will answer and help you a lot, just becouse, you are a newbie guildie.

And about low population. Im a Templar level 55. so Im a healer. You should not bother too much about low population, everybody can play with you with the mentor system and you will get exp, in fact, exp with some bones i think. As I said, Im a a level 55 and I join group of any level from 10 and up. And I like explaining things to newbies. But, yeah not everybody is so helpfull.