Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultimate Sandbox (for me)

vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

Guys I joined up with EVE for the looting and PVP I cant lie. I had mad noob dreams of becoming a pirate and robbing everyone blind lol

but something weird happened. When i joined my corp they were like, "we're an Alliance PVP organization. We dont pirate but rather fight huge, organized wars."

All I've evewr really known was ganking. In Diablo me and my friends we gank each other and take each's loot at will lol I mean it fascinated us so much. In WoW we'd get on the ships/boats and gank. even in City of Heroes I mostly did ganking

but in EVE its so organized I've never seen this before

And guess what I'm really *loving* the PVE!!!! Omg ive become such a carebear. at first I was so fascianted with mining. got burned out. Then picked up trading and hauling around cargo. I love that atm. And I even like the Agent missions even though its just so darn hard too me with this level 2 agents cause if I fail they wont talk to me again

but if I get bored with agents I can go back to trading. my toon is just so diversified its crazy. right now I'm getting ready to go back into trading got Marketing training up right now

next, look forward to research and using capital to invest in others

dfo look forward to getting back into Alliance wars a lot more often but I really love the freedom and being self directed. if agent missions get dull I can go trade or hit 0.0 and then just enjoy having my hairs rise in fear of getting killed if our POS gets raided or something heh

Comments

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

oh btw I think the customer service is so top notch. I had two missions bug out on me. both was probably my fault. the first one I took the vitoc and accidently put it up for sale. then canceled the order but then my agent refused to take it. next I think I accidently salvaged the boss ship before grabbing the documents.

both times customer service fixed my problem instantly. man I thought city of heroes had good support cause they'd handle your issue within a day. EVE has been immediate for me all weekend.

edit- on second thought maybe CoH did help me within an hour but still really impressed with EVE over these 2 months of almost daily play

• sitheussitheus Member Posts: 230

I know what you mean. Once you play a well designed sandbox MMO, you discover that you actually can be free in an MMO to do what you want, how you want, and when you want to do it and all your choices makes a difference and affects the game world. For me it is also very hard to go back to a level based, gear grinding, instance running, and raiding treadmill MMO once you realize the potential and freedom that a sandbox MMO offers. Enjoy Eve. I sure you will not be disappointed.  POTBS is the next sandbox I'm waiting on if it ever releases.

• PonicoPonico Member UncommonPosts: 650

Welcome to EvE. Perhaps, our path will cross one day.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Nice to see you are enjoying the game. I feel that anyone with patience will find EVE to be one of the top 10 games ever made. The problem is that you first month is really just "leveling up" persay. You need to get some higher skills in certain things depending on what you want to do. From there, people NEED to join an alliance and live in 0 space. I can't stress enough how bad empire is. Also, by that I also include low-sec if you're a pirate. Basically, after a month GTFO of Empire because you wont understand how incredible the game is until you live in low-sec/0 space for a week.

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

yeah I have a fortune sitting over at 0.0 (well small valuables). been wanting to take my new battlecruiser there but my darn corp said to pull our stuff outta 0.0. this sucks I really like our Alliance. very organized and well put together. they run big ops all the time.

my 3rd week or so in the game I went to 0.0 with nothing. I got shotdown on my way to our station. luckily respawn at a nearby station and then made the leap solo all the way to our POS in a starter frigate lol. then salvaged ores, helped guard gates, and salvaged wrecked ships like a vulture. my corp was nice and fronted me some ISK and some cruisers for 0.0. finally decided to come back to Empire for a bit tho cause im missing a ton of skills. trying to hurry up and buy all the skills I need in Empire before I *jump clone* all the way to 0.0. was also hoping to establish a jump clone in Empire just incase but it appears that will take forever +++ to grind up (faction for jump clone with my NPC clients)

I dont know about others but its a huge pain to purchase skill books out there at POS.

• darkfish0darkfish0 Member Posts: 65
    Yep, i buy about 20 skills when i go to empire then live in 0.0 for the next month or so :)

--------------------
    Member of Coreli corp.
    We have the boosters you crave!

• ArcticblueArcticblue Member Posts: 270

0.0 is empty... try living in low-sec, while I played the game that is where I lived, I had pirates to the left and right.

Infact I lived in the neighbour system of Turby a pirate corp, still I managed to keep my battleship for like a year and I don't know how many gatecamps I had to pass or fight...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by vajuras

yeah I have a fortune sitting over at 0.0 (well small valuables). been wanting to take my new battlecruiser there but my darn corp said to pull our stuff outta 0.0. this sucks I really like our Alliance. very organized and well put together. they run big ops all the time.
    my 3rd week or so in the game I went to 0.0 with nothing. I got shotdown on my way to our station. luckily respawn at a nearby station and then made the leap solo all the way to our POS in a starter frigate lol. then salvaged ores, helped guard gates, and salvaged wrecked ships like a vulture. my corp was nice and fronted me some ISK and some cruisers for 0.0. finally decided to come back to Empire for a bit tho cause im missing a ton of skills. trying to hurry up and buy all the skills I need in Empire before I *jump clone* all the way to 0.0. was also hoping to establish a jump clone in Empire just incase but it appears that will take forever +++ to grind up (faction for jump clone with my NPC clients)

I dont know about others but its a huge pain to purchase skill books out there at POS.

Hey Vaj...what's your game name in EVE... I'm in 0.0 and Empire and I can send a tell and say hello....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon