Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst mmorpg top10 list

So i read an article that talked about a top10 worst mmorpgs ever.It was a USA list and i am not sure if it's mentioned in here allready.I'm not saying if i like or don't like the top10 list i'll just give you guys the names.From number one being the worst and then down.

1.Everquest 2

2.Shadowbane

3.Starwars Galaxies

4.Dungeons and dragons online

5.Anarchy online

6.Planetside

7.The matrix online

8.Asherons call 2

9.The sims online

10.World war II online

It's appearantly from a USA gaming magazine and the ratings mostly about the amount fo time and cash it costed to get the mmorpg started and then the subscriptions it had afterwards.

As mentioned if it was posted allready a while back i'msorry i just found out about it.Can't say wich magazine it was since i do not know.

Comments

• chillikingchilliking Member UncommonPosts: 240

Anarchy online should be number 1 in my opinion.

• flakesflakes Member Posts: 575

Well 'll just add i found it odd that shadowbane was in it,but then i don't know how much it costed to get that game running.

• First of all planetside and WW2 online are mmofps, so you can take that off your list right there. The sims is questionable as to what genre it is, I wouldn't include it.

• flakesflakes Member Posts: 575

They probably meant it as a mmo with P2P i guess.Be it planetside ,sims , second life.You know how gamemagazines see them all as one.But i do see your point.Again i didn't make the list it's from a USA gaming magazine.

• ZeGerman1942ZeGerman1942 Member Posts: 199

list looks alright to me.

probably could be updated a little to include the likes of vanguard hehe

• XTinTioNXTinTioN Member Posts: 205

I agree with the list but i think that theres much worst games than those, i think everquest2 isnt in the worst but ok

Currently Playing: GTA4, Urban Terror, Aion,Dreamfall:TLJ,Fahrenheit

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

sorry but that list is waaaaay off

eq2 should not be in the ten worst, in fact eq2 is one of the best since its revival by SOE....and games like DnL and VG should be on the list. SWG should be a bit lower (prolly like #8) post NGE. Roma Victor, RF online, Horizons, and a few others i could think of should be on the list

• GalaxiacelesGalaxiaceles Member Posts: 154

Obiviously the above poster did not read the sentences AROUND the list ...

ok....true...lol...i'll conceede to that.....my bad :(

well now if that was the case...VG should be head over heals on the list...since that game died real fast and cost a crapload to make

• tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446

Not even a link the the magazines website?  Do you know how many no name crap game magazines and sites there are in the US? 

It doesnt matter anyways, this is the "Top 10 worst games in no-name magazine's opinions".   No votes necessary. No facts to back it up regarding the Quote "It's appearantly from a USA gaming magazine and the ratings mostly about the amount fo time and cash it costed to get the mmorpg started and then the subscriptions it had afterwards."

At any rate, I completely disagree with the list.

• CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232

I found the article and it seems to be just some guy's blog entry based on his opinion of what failed to deliver or live up to its hype.  To list EQ2 as worst mmorpg?  Seems more he has some axe to grind.  Guess we all have our own thoughts on worst and best.

For those interested, I found the article here:  www.gamemusketeers.com/content/view/317/1/

• dalevi1dalevi1 Member Posts: 829

I just want to know how he memorized this list. My guess is he had it in front of him when he wrote this, otherwise he could read the top of the page to find out what rag wrote this...

Played (more than a month): SWG, Second Life, Tabula Rasa, Lineage 2, Everquest 2, EvE, MxO, Ryzom.

Tried: WoW, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Everquest, WWII Online, Planetside

Beta: Lotro, Tabula Rasa, WAR.

• iffymackiffymack Member Posts: 376

vanguard shouldnt be in that list anywhere-it needs to have its own chart. How to spend $30million and create a bland,uninteresting grinder and call it challenging.

• Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939

Top Ten Worst?

Hmm I would definitely disagree with EQ2 being the worst. 

This would probably be my list:

1.  AO

2.  DnL

3.  Horizons

4.  RF Online

5.  Vanguard

6.  Archlord

7.  AC2

8.  Shadowbane

9.  SWG

10.  DDO

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

"Top 10 Biggest MMORPG Busts of ALL-TIME!"

"Thus I based my list on the MMO Games that failed to live up to their hype or deliver on promised 'feature' list."

It's not "Worst mmorpg top 10 list", stop calling it that. And yes for failing to live up to hype he is spot on for most of it, even though these games are better than others out there. They just hyped themselves up way too much.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• KasmarKasmar Member Posts: 198

Any magazine that would put out a top 10 worst list with EQ2 at the top or even in the list has no credibility.

======================
    It's just me, so open the door.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

My top ten worst,

1: SWG:NGE

2: SWG:CU

3: Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

4: Auto Assault

5: AO

6: Ragnarok Online

7: DnL

8: EVE

9: Guild Wars

10: DDO

Just my personal opinion.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• AtrusVAtrusV Member UncommonPosts: 305

Dark and Light deserves the first position

1) Dark and Light

2) Wurm Online (horrible graphics)

3) Mu Online (a Diablo clone but with 7 different maps)

4) Archlord (it just have 1 high-end purpose)

5) Any Lineage or Wow clone

6) Any Lineage or Wow clone

7) Any Lineage or Wow clone

8) Any Lineage or Wow clone

9) Any Lineage or Wow clone

10) Argentum Online

• TwohededboyTwohededboy Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by Meltdown

"Thus I based my list on the MMO Games that failed to live up to their hype or deliver on promised 'feature' list."
    It's not "Worst mmorpg top 10 list", stop calling it that. And yes for failing to live up to hype he is spot on for most of it, even though these games are better than others out there. They just hyped themselves up way too much.

This is a good point and the OP misquoted the article. Even with the real title I feel the list is skewed. Besides they are all still active MMOs (except AC2)  so who is to say they were over hyped, or not just ahead of there times or really cool and also really boring. The reasons a game succeeds or fails is hard to tag.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

LOL Everquest 2 worst game ever.  Give me a break.  The guy who published this should be fired on the spot.  EQ2 is a hell of a good game.  It's strange that we don't see major sucker like Dark and Light or Horizons.   And i dont agree with Anarchy Online being on that list too.  The game had a bad launch but did recover and it's a great game today.

• bonobotheorybonobotheory Member UncommonPosts: 1,007

Originally posted by Meltdown

Exactly. I don't think the original poster read anything more than the list. Maybe there were too many big words, or he just couldn't wait to cut-and-paste the list and troll for responses.

EQ2 is far from the worst MMORPG ever, although I can agree with the writer of the article that it was a bust. It's still a great game, but it could have been - should have been - so much better. 

And Vanguard should be at the top of that list, having been hyped like crazy for all its "next generation" features, then released as a buggy, half-finished WoWverquest knockoff.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

worst 10 ever eh... ok, here's my list, from #1 being the worst ever on down

1. World of Warcraft

2. Warhammer Online

3. Age of Conan

4. EVE Online

5. Guild Wars

6. City of Heroes/Villians

7. Lord of the Rings Online

8. Everquest 2

9. Tabula Rasa

10. Star Wars Galaxies

mwhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahhahahaaha

i'm silly

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

This list, is the shittiest thing I've ever seen. Most of those games are great, and even the ones that aren't dont deserve to be on a "the worst" list.

• 1: Anarchy online

2: Vanguard

3: Matrix Online

4: Dungeon and Dragons Online

5: Starwars Galaxies

6: Shadowbane

Rest, dunno. I can only count these six.