Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

runescape

endzoendzo Member Posts: 68

what you think about it?

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Jagex should make a real mmo now.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Non Java based new game is needed. RS is tired, worn, old and past its sell by date, why they keep on trying to flog it in German language is silly.

The idea's at the start were great but it went horribly wrong each year from 2000.

Cleffy is right they should make a proper one now, especially since they are sitting on more that enough money to make it happen. Oh and when they do sort out the Customer Service.

• Ben_GrayBen_Gray Member Posts: 17

The thing that made RS fun was it's clans community, when people could war without scummish 13 year olds running in with 1 weapon each to break up the fight because "it's their right to play the game they want to".  The last 2 years have seen a huge amount of the old school players leave, including me.  RS is a good idea ran by a stupid and cheap company. 

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I logged into Runescape once. I gave it 20 seconds of hovering around aimlessly before I closed it and never played again.

Even Tibia is better than Runescape.

• I think it does some wicked things to your PC while you play. Also my 7 year old cousin plays it btw, he just learned how to read :/.

• evilbob13evilbob13 Member Posts: 23

A lot of my friends still play and i remember some good times on runescape, but I've quit. I check the updates every so often because they update VERY FREQUENTLY. If i see an update that really make me want to come back i probably will, but right now it's just boring. Last time i logged on I'm like: "What should i do...mine...no that takes forever and it's boring....fish?....same....runecrafting....that's tedious too.

I always loved the events players had such as costume and house parties.

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

It's crap.

• DeadlyItachiDeadlyItachi Member Posts: 1

Hehehe...people are very much on how the game looks these days, they don't know anything bout gameplay or anything. If a game looks good in graphics then they'll think its gonna be fun. Let's see I tried GW I was like wow got to the lvl cap in 2 days and then all you do is pvp. RS might not have fancy graphics but you have more than 1 thing to do even if the fighting isn't that exciting you can just click something and watch something at the same time and make time go by. So don't judge a game by how it looks to all you stereotypes out there  ;)

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by DeadlyItachi

Hehehe...people are very much on how the game looks these days, they don't know anything bout gameplay or anything. If a game looks good in graphics then they'll think its gonna be fun. Let's see I tried GW I was like wow got to the lvl cap in 2 days and then all you do is pvp. RS might not have fancy graphics but you have more than 1 thing to do even if the fighting isn't that exciting you can just click something and watch something at the same time and make time go by. So don't judge a game by how it looks to all you stereotypes out there  ;)

Its the content that sucks, its unbalanced fighting in PvP, and tired and copied content from aload of other games.

• wyvexwyvex Member UncommonPosts: 346

jagex making a new MMO? not gonna happen. . . ever

• gnlLucidgnlLucid Member Posts: 310

Game play: Disconnected and slow at best.  Java goes batshit crazy from time to time.

Sound: .....

Graphics: ....yeah

Balance: So so, fairly simplistic.

PvP: LOL! Bashing ones head into a brick wall is a bit more productive... as well as balanced.

Content: Alot of content, well... alot of repeats of the same content wrapped in a different colored package.

Updates: Constant updates of meaningless garbage.

Customer service: How much do you like talking to yourself?

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by DeadlyItachi

It's not the graphics people hate. Well, it is, but it's not the only thing and it's not what makes runescape suck. It's the grinding. The hours upon hours of boring grinding.

Then there's the other stuff to, but I don't feel like listing them all again.

And it only took you 2 days to get to level 20 in GW? Ha! If you're going to lie, atleast make it good.

• RaitsesmanRaitsesman Member UncommonPosts: 215

RS is crap BUT.... it has really good quests in it. I must say that I haven't seen that interesting quests in any other game.

In most games quests are just killing monsters and taking things from one NPC and taking them to another NPC.

In RS,most of the quests have story and they are quite interesting and hard to complete.

They should make that kind of quests into famous giants to (WoW,L2,EQ2...)

• KrivladKrivlad Member Posts: 34

I admit, Runescape's graphics aren't the best, but they did write it completely out of Java, so I'l give them that. Those are some pretty good graphics for something made using that script.
    And Runescape's quests are the best in any MMORPG I have played to date.
    World of Warcraft: "Go kill 10 boars for me" ....creative
    Also there are many other things to do apart constant fighting, something many online games do not have.

Former Hard Core member at only 25 posts.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Its overall good, but dont expect good customer support if your a free player 

?