Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another, "Will my PC be able to run Vanguard?" thread.

Some of my system spec's...

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual core (2.00GHz rated at 5.70 GHz)

Video Card: GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB Overclocked

RAM: 2.2GB's of DDR

I had originally posted in the official Vanguard forum as to whether or not my PC would be able to run Vanguard on any other setting's besides the lowest one and still be able to run with atleast 20+ FPS, though I was unsuccessful in getting a straight answer =/. Thought I might try my luck here and see if anyone would be able to give me an opinion on whether or not I would be able to get a decent performance on anything other then the lowest settings, even though my PC exceeds the recommended requirement's to run the game.

I also know that the game is very buggy, glitchy and incomplete, but I would like to give it a shot anyway if my PC has a chance at running Vanguard properly, so please try to avoid flaming <_<;. Anywho, all input is appreciated.

Comments

• EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426

With that good rig you should be able to run Vanguard on Ballanced mode. I do it with a lesser machine.

It is a question of fangs.

• AlchemdaAlchemda Member Posts: 179

Yes you can run it fine.

Everything is within specs for recommended as far as I can tell, balanced at 1280x1024 or MAYBE one notch above that at 1024x768. You can definitly run it no problem, I had a worse machine than that by a little and I played on 1280x1024 on high at about 20-30 fps, dropped alot in cities though. You should be fine as far as I can tell

----------------------
    Played (In order of favorite first to least): DAOC, EQ2, EVE, WOW, Vanguard, AC2, City of __, Guild Wars, LOTRO, EQ, Sword of New World, FFXI, Lineage 2, Second Life, DDO, Anarchy Online, RF Online, Archlord, Uru, Ragnarok Online, Shadowbane, Planetside, Auto Assault, Ryzom, Matrix Online, Horizons, Entropia, Sims, Runescape, Lineage 1, AC1, Dungeon Runners

• nekrothingnekrothing Member Posts: 302

Thanks for the help!

I'll take your guy's word for it and give Vanguard a try then. Aside from the all the bugs it looks like a really good game.

• tombear81tombear81 Member Posts: 810

To be honest I would do yourself a favour and wait for the free trial or find the game uber cheap somewhere (in the UK I've seen it from £5 to £30). Performance on this game is all over the show on different hardware. This is simply down the the lack of testing and optimsing the game recieved. My old rig ran the game really bad yet I see people with a similar rig to me now and they report a range of performance issues.

Without bashing anyone I seriously dont know how anyone can judge performance as taking everyone at face value nothing seems consistant. Even PC's with similar spec's. I guess its all down to tolerance of low performance and the fact even identicle systems in spec's have differing hardware.