Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 - Everything Guild Wars wasnt

GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411

I read up on the official Guild Wars Wiki about Guild Wars2. And well... it has everything Guild Wars 1 (if i may call it that) does not have.

It takes all the GOOD aspects of Guild Wars, puts ability of jump and jump over obstacles (Yay! This is alot more than just jumping... like now u can fall down a crater without having to walk all the way round) , the entire world is NOT instance - which means world PvP! WOOT, theres more races, 3 more I think... so a total of 4 races, 2vs2... and the ability to move in combat and not break auto attack (please correct me, as far as im concerned, im 90% sure about this... but I could be wrong) and i dont mean movement casting, cuz that sucks and brings imbalance ^^ i hope u get what i mean...

So. Who's really looking forward to GW2? Im definately going to buy GW2 ... along with either WAR or Aion or maybe Darkfall if it comes out, since GW2 is free.... why not? 

your views? DISCUSS!

Comments

• strigoiviistrigoivii Member Posts: 173

wish you would have put a link in so I wouldnt have to look it up myself...but that sounds awesome :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Sounds pretty good, and addresses some of the main complaints I had about the game....

but how are they going to deal with the asshat community that GW has/had?  I feel games w/o a monthly fee draw the lowest form of player to a game, ruining it for everyone...(not to say P2P games don't have jerks, but the levels are a bit lower.)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411

Originally posted by Kyleran

Sounds pretty good, and addresses some of the main complaints I had about the game....
    but how are they going to deal with the asshat community that GW has/had?  I feel games w/o a monthly fee draw the lowest form of player to a game, ruining it for everyone...(not to say P2P games don't have jerks, but the levels are a bit lower.)

Yeah, this just solved all my complaints too. Other than the ONE about the community 

But still, out of saay 4 million people who play, theres 1 million people like us. Non-Jerkish I guess, im gonna make up a guild in guildwars2 with an application a 12 year old cant even fill out 

Anywho, the community will stay the same perhaps. But like I said, theres always a few black sheep out there! Its best joining up a guild you fit into.

• strigoiviistrigoivii Member Posts: 173

Heh thanks for the link, I ended up looking at it after I posted...Kind of made me want to find my old guildwars disc and reinstall the game to see how its doing.

maybe they will do a little more to slap a monthly fee on the game, that might get rid of that community ya love :)

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Look awesome so far.  Finally Guild Wars 2 will be a true MMORPG with a seemsless world, not instanced like the original GW.  The abilitie to jump is a nice addition, auction house (about time), more races, and no monthly fee !  I can't wait.

• SecromSecrom Member Posts: 318
    Originally posted by Kyleran

but how are they going to deal with the asshat community that GW has/had?

They've already implemented stuff to minimize spam, like the Search function and chat reacting to each other. They also monitor trade-related text and spamming this in the Local channel makes you eligible for an account block.

For the rest, well they develop games, they aren't here to make up for parental responsibility failures :)
  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

I will have to agree that it seems good. It fixes some of the things that you could just hate with GW. I do however hope they don't just do a WoW ripoff but to try to keep using the the same concept as before. If they do it right and use the same concept as before it will be awesome.

• Tango88Tango88 Member Posts: 1

When will GW2 be released?

• shad0w99shad0w99 Member Posts: 168

I agree with Godliest..

I hope this isn't just a WoW rip off. It doesn't sound like it will be... but a lot of games seem to be going that way lol (And I'm not a WoW hater. I just want WoW to be WoW... and every other game to be unique as well. Why would I wanna play an inferior WoW rip off?)

Anyway... Add player housing and this could just be one of the best games ever lol

MMOs played (In order of how much I've liked them): Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Vanguard, City of Villains / Heroes, Guild Wars, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa, Anarchy Online, Ryzom, Final Fantasy XI, Matrix Online, RF Online, Rappelz, Hero Online, Roma Victor

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525
    Originally posted by Tango88

When will GW2 be released?

Some time in 2009/2010.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• TraceGaleTraceGale Member Posts: 45

Cut and past to me where it says that gw2 isnt going to me portals? Becuase as to my knowlede it is still going to be. It's just if your make a pvp char your not. PLUS!!! the portals cut down lag time and save people the frustration of someone they needed say for a quest to kill to respawn five minutes later, the portals give GW2 a more ''real'' aspect. AND i prefer it to be that way. Plus the game being ported in all allows every one to play on one server, which makes for a better gaming experience.

Honestly the best thing about GW2 is the  every changing enviroment and the new jump climb swim and what not.If you dont like the population stop complaining and go to a new game. It's free so it's not like it's going to hurt you. PLUS the P2P dosent help the population any. Hype does. WOW attracts more little kids and in my opinion wow has more asshats then any game. GW is just something diffrent it's a MMO but in it's own way. It's something new and it's keeping the other MMO creaters on their toes. GW broke ground for new gen MMO's everywhere and everyone knows thats a fact, just the mere fact that it's FREE.

Also, you can't really rely on a whole bunch of stuff like WOW has becuase GW came from nothing, the armor is dull and so are the characters for GW  BUT with GW2 that will be changed. The only thing, in my eyes, that GW lacks is uniqness among players, which in my opinion is something alot of people look for. I think a character template is nice to have, kinda like what daoc did.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by TraceGale

Also, you can't really rely on a whole bunch of stuff like WOW has becuase GW came from nothing, the armor is dull and so are the characters for GW 

I completely beg to differ. GW has some of the best armor of any game in my opinion. Only better is Lineage 2.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • mike46669mike46669 Member Posts: 3

To be perfectly honest... I'd be more then happy with all the problems you guys speak of in Guild Wars 1 as long as they had a damn Auction House.... Thats THE ONE thing that totally ruins the game for me... I'd rather not have to spam trade channels to sell my stuff... And especially if you wanna find something specific... not gonna happen

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Originally posted by mike46669

To be perfectly honest... I'd be more then happy with all the problems you guys speak of in Guild Wars 1 as long as they had a damn Auction House.... Thats THE ONE thing that totally ruins the game for me... I'd rather not have to spam trade channels to sell my stuff... And especially if you wanna find something specific... not gonna happen
    Ok, one, its been confirmed that an Auction house is NOT gonna happen in GW1, due to issues with the game engine due to the game initially not needing an auction house because of the phylosophy of the game originally (all items being 90% available to everyone with little to no grind)...

However, it hasn't been confirmed whether or not GW2 will have an auction House or not, especially as we're 18months to 2 years away from GW2 release anyway

imageimage

• lazyguy87lazyguy87 Member Posts: 2

oh lord how i've waited for a jump feature... as for that crap about little kids or jerks screwing up the game

it's great to know those jerks never get good and as long as they keep the current "ping your build" thingy... you can tell who to be careful of when forming a party

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

if u like guild wars now and dont like the guild wars 2 idea then dont play it, its simple, if u however like 2 better then 1 then play it, its up to u!