Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Guild of Older Adults...

raven5655raven5655 Member Posts: 1

where it doesn't have to be explained how and why my family always comes first. Tired of guilds that are appalled at the idea that I have to abandon an instance because my 7-year-old old son is having an asthma attack. Tired of guilds that expect me to stay up at all hours on a raid on a week night when I have an important business meeting at work the next morning. Tired of guilds that want to know where the heck I've been if I haven't played in, oh, say three whole days.

Server does not matter as I am willing to do a paid character transfer. It can be either PVE or RP. Constantly looking over my shoulder to see if I am about to get ganked is NOT my idea of fun, so PVP servers are out. (I get enough PVP action at the place where I work in real life. Heh.)

My main toon is a level 56 Night Elf Druid with around 1400 battleground kills. Willing to play him as a tank (dire bear form), high damage steatlh (cat form), high damage ranged (Moonkin or regular form) or as a healer as need be. Happy to help out lower level toons with leveling. And I do try to arrange for uninterrupted time for extended play. Currently have toons on PVE server Terenas and on the RP server Scarlet Crusade, where the only RP going on is cybering, which is not my thing.

Comments

• RushagRushag Member Posts: 39

Join us, we are adults guild on EU The Venture Co. realm Horde side

We aiming to provide raiding and casual gameplay for mature people.

Visit our website for more info - www.mediumcoeli.org

If you want to join, drop a line in Guests room or contact me in game, whisper Dexer

Edit: Ohh you alliance! Reroll Horde then! =)

• TegamalTegamal Member Posts: 66

My guild is very respectful of the "Family comes first" rule.  There's been many times while running an instance my wife would have to go get one of the kids something, or I would have to go pick up one of my sons from the bus stop & they would say "NP, just auto-follow me" & the run would continue until they needed me.  Most of them are 60+, but they still treat my wife & I like a part of the guild & help us advance when they can.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Although I no longer play the game, I had a great time with my last guild "Slackers" on Lothar server. Give them a look at Slackergaming.com and follow my char link below for more info on them.

Awned

• courtdogcourtdog Member Posts: 73

Originally posted by Czzarre

Although I no longer play the game, I had a great time with my last guild "Slackers" on Lothar server. Give them a look at Slackergaming.com and follow my char link below for more info on them.
    Awned
    Non-topic related

Since you have left WoW, what are you playing now and what caused you to make that decision?

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

We all go to games for many reasons, a lot of times we follow our friends/guildmates etc. Other times we are tired of the game, it grows stale as every night blurs into the next instead of being an adventure. For me, I made the mistake that ultimatley lead to my leaving the game. The guild needed more tanks, and I became one. I dindt mind the job of tanking, it was challenging and interesting...but it was the responcibility I didnt like. A lot of responcibility was placed on me to be there for the guild... no Awned (My character's name) then no run. I always  kept my priorities of RL >>> Games which at first we didnt think would be a problem ..but as the TBC expansion came in it was obvious I couldnt keep up with the guild needs. I left the game and game my char's account to the guild so they could have the tank.

Since then, I enjoy 2 things.

First, I decided to go retro. I took up my old character on DAOC and after a 2 year absence, its like an entirely new game. IM having a blast. A PvP based game is VERY casual friendly, no major 4+ hour raids 4 times a week. You want to fight...you go and fight, you want to leave..you leave.

Second, I decided to learn how to put a website together, learn to code from scratch, learn flash from scratch, learn 3d design from scratch, etc. So now I have my own MMORPG website, and I PvP when I like.

This is all good as I wait for what I decided as my next MMORPG, Warhammer. Warhammer is made by a company I very much trust, and since its a PvP based game, It will be much more casual friendly.

So, thats my life to date :P Hope it was a good read :)

Torrential