Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OK so i went and gave it another shot

2»

Comments

• MikeMBMikeMB Member Posts: 272

Originally posted by tbarney

I gave it another shot as well.  I quit the game just before CU for personal reasons.
    I didn't like the space station tutorial level they start you off in but I figured it was just training so I went thru it.
    As soon as I got on the planet I was hit with 6 spammers selling credits outside the star port and 4 more inside.
    This was on a Wednesday night so I assume that's a low number.  It really disappointed me that the people who
    are in charge of this game let these people stand out there and harass new players or anyone traveling in via the Star Port.
    I put them on ignore but still...
    It kinda tells me they don't care what happens in their game. 
    It's not just SWG that has been getting hit by the Credit Farmers/Spammers, I saw it on Lord of the Rings. My girlfriend has said that they are on EQ2 now as well, and even WoW has been trying to deal with them. Tell the truth I kinda saw this coming, I mean back in the day we had the Ebay UO shops. And believe me some of the UO Ebay guys where worse then the hackers and cheaters, mostly due to the fact that most of them where making almost $300 to $1000 a week on a game!

Still this why I am so not for Ebaying Acc's, buying Gold/Credits and Items. It really harms the game in the long run, and people should just think of it as 'a game' not 'my job'.

The sad part is I don't see it stopping anytime soon on SWG or other games. Infact I see it getting worse, the thing is the guys doing this sadly have a legal right too as there are no laws on the books that deal with this kinda thing.

• vizaviza Member Posts: 204

Originally posted by ramses69

If i didn't know you were being geniune i would be insulted.
    As i said, no one plays, in a guild, big huge guild, but as soon as pvp is dead and there is no base busts evreyone just sort of disappears, and as far as high end gear, i understand that but 300 mil for mando, 100 mil for ris,  you knoe crazy prices like that drive new people away from a game. How is a noob suppose to get that kind of money? You can defend the prices, but the economy is the game is a complete wreck. the only ones profiting from the high prices are the annoying credit sellers.

I agree the economy is way inflated, however this also means everything you do gets inflated returns. In a weird way it equals out. If you need tips on how to make money, send chilastra.kammris a tell. I'll set you down the path to making a lot of money for little work, without exploiting or cheating.

If you are on chilastra, I'll pay you to get me junk loot. 10k a piece. with 200 pieces of loot you can get 2m which will allow you to set up shop to make real money. You can get this junk loot in about 2 hours killing level 5 npcs. Invest that money in a fusion ion generator and elite mineral harvester, along with 300k for maintenance and you'll be all set. The harvesters will pay for themselves within a few days, then you buy 2 more. At that point you are making a nice sum of cash every week for doing nothing more than a little surveying and harvester placement.

I've made 50m for 4 hours work + 1 week of waiting. Not bad considering I spend 95% of my time pvping. That's how I got started making money.

This is a very easy game to make money in... You can't beat the economy or fix it, but you can roll with it and make it work for you.

-Viz

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

The SWG econonomy is based on the players choices.  That is why it is called a "players economy".   I can drive down the price of items by mass production. It is really easy to control.  In fact starsider be warned-

Obriak you are too nice.

• RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638

The players who buy the credits from these jerks made the situation what it is today.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Originally posted by viza

Originally posted by ramses69

If i didn't know you were being geniune i would be insulted.
    As i said, no one plays, in a guild, big huge guild, but as soon as pvp is dead and there is no base busts evreyone just sort of disappears, and as far as high end gear, i understand that but 300 mil for mando, 100 mil for ris,  you knoe crazy prices like that drive new people away from a game. How is a noob suppose to get that kind of money? You can defend the prices, but the economy is the game is a complete wreck. the only ones profiting from the high prices are the annoying credit sellers.

I agree the economy is way inflated, however this also means everything you do gets inflated returns. In a weird way it equals out. If you need tips on how to make money, send chilastra.kammris a tell. I'll set you down the path to making a lot of money for little work, without exploiting or cheating.

If you are on chilastra, I'll pay you to get me junk loot. 10k a piece. with 200 pieces of loot you can get 2m which will allow you to set up shop to make real money. You can get this junk loot in about 2 hours killing level 5 npcs. Invest that money in a fusion ion generator and elite mineral harvester, along with 300k for maintenance and you'll be all set. The harvesters will pay for themselves within a few days, then you buy 2 more. At that point you are making a nice sum of cash every week for doing nothing more than a little surveying and harvester placement.

I've made 50m for 4 hours work + 1 week of waiting. Not bad considering I spend 95% of my time pvping. That's how I got started making money.

This is a very easy game to make money in... You can't beat the economy or fix it, but you can roll with it and make it work for you.

-Viz

I can't tell you how many begging n00bies in Mos Eisley I've told this to (get some harvesters and start making money) and they just don't get it.

SWG does not make it hard to make money.  Scout and Ranger used to be great ways to make a ton of credits, which could then be plowed into mining and harvesting operations to make even more.  A lot of the players are strictly into obtaining bling (like the AV 21, RIS or Mando, and the newly hot mounts such as rancors and grauls) though...they have to have the ingame stuff that you can't get on your own without a few level 90 friends...and the players wanting this stuff have barely finished the Legacy quest.  There are ways to do these things, but you have to understand the fundamentals of the trader proffs to do them, and a lot of players are just into killing things, not into understanding the economy of the game...no matter how hard you try to point them that way.

As Viz has ably pointed out, the revised NGE loot system has given new players, even at low levels, the opportunity to make scads of money just killing things along the trail of the Legacy quest, if only they're willing to expend minimal effort. 10k a pop for junk loot sold to a trader who's going to use it for reeng is a great opportunity to raise cash...if only you can avoid spending it on bling and concentrate on making even more money in the resource mining business, which will give you plenty of cash for bling if you're only patient.

But n00bie want bling now.  So the solution, the lazy solutiion, is go to the credit sellers.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• MrchompyMrchompy Member Posts: 58

For a new player to compete, they only need a handful of million of credits for great armor. Mando isn't any better than server capped armor. Considering that you can sell your crate of free resources for 30+ million, depending on server (60 day vet reward), any new player can have a great weapon, armor/clothes very easily.

The newer treasure map loots can sell for up to 50 million credits+, which a new player can get, as long as they are high leveled.  WGE and other mustafar loots bring a pretty penny. The upcoming epic mobs will bring more high end loot that will sell for oodles. Space nuts will fork bucks for great parts and the BSAH.

I'm an NGE only era player, yet have made enough money to get a mando set, and a nice collection of villiage and pre nge relics.

You came back and  wanted it to be the way it was, and it's not, and you didn't even try hard enough to figure out the current ways of making money.

You fail.

• tjvoodootjvoodoo Member Posts: 293

Same as OP i gave this a try & have uninstalled this game again i dont care if it free to vets for 22days i cant stand playing it for 2days

-Interface is glitchy

-Game population as at an all time low even on medium populated servers

-Gold selling bots are at record high (spam fest FTL)

-Melee class still no use(mobs kite)

I had forgoten what this NGE was like that made me leave in the 1st place but thanks to SOE programmers they quickly refreshed my memory.

There is a 14day trial for none vets you even get to go planent side now, i recomend all give this a try it will make you apriciate all the other MMO's out there that little bit more with the thought and effort they've put into there games.

• CaswellCaswell Member Posts: 89

The economy would be borked whether or not the NGE had ever happened.

The player-driven economy had once serious flaw - a lack of money sinks.  The only thing even resembling a money sink in pre-CU SWG were elite crafters who took in far more money than they could ever spend.

That works for a while, until those crafters decide to quit.  Every single elite crafter I knew went through the same ritual when we packed it in; you liquidated all of your assets and either eBayed the credits or gave them away to friends.  Money floods back into the economy as if it never left, inflation ensues.

• in4sitin4sit Member Posts: 130

I agree with a few of you,.. but the BIG reason this is the way it is,... one thing.  NO ONE PLAYS! If you had more people in the game,.. we would have more crafters, more items,.. more people killing things,..   this would push the price down, but SWG does not have the players, the crafters, etc...  this is why the people who do make items,... can charge what they do... plain and simple.

Been there done that:
    Asherons Call,SWG,AOC,D&D,COH,Anarchy Online,DAOC,EVE,Guild Wars,LOTRO,POTBS,WAR,WW2, and Rift

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Originally posted by in4sit

I agree with a few of you,.. but the BIG reason this is the way it is,... one thing.  NO ONE PLAYS! If you had more people in the game,.. we would have more crafters, more items,.. more people killing things,..   this would push the price down, but SWG does not have the players, the crafters, etc...  this is why the people who do make items,... can charge what they do... plain and simple.
    I think you've got a very good point here.  For the economy to work there have to be participants, and it won't function well at all without a critical mass.

SWG used to have this, even on the "light" servers.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• AveBethosAveBethos Member Posts: 611

No decay.  No players.  A complex economic platform cross-coded for a dumbed-down system.

What did everyone EXPECT to happen?  They purposely took out the most vital elements of a viable economy, lost the playerbase, and now suffer regional inflation.

The icing on the cake is bolstered loot drops.  Smedley himself said the game was too difficult, crafting was probably the most difficult aspect of SWG, hence SOE kills crafting. 

Anyone who can stomach to craft in SWG today must have some serious time on their hands to waste.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Originally posted by AveBethos

No decay.  No players.  A complex economic platform cross-coded for a dumbed-down system.
    What did everyone EXPECT to happen?  They purposely took out the most vital elements of a viable economy, lost the playerbase, and now suffer regional inflation.
    The icing on the cake is bolstered loot drops.  Smedley himself said the game was too difficult, crafting was probably the most difficult aspect of SWG, hence SOE kills crafting. 
    Anyone who can stomach to craft in SWG today must have some serious time on their hands to waste.

Oh i wish i had more time to play, so i could actualy keep up with my vendor sales. /scroll------------------------->>

img247/1520/screenshot1025nq4.jpg

Thought it was just funny to put down this "work area" for just myself, i mean all the things i make hardly get sold anyway so mostly using all my factory's for myself. There is no econemy, i hardly get any mails in my mail box of things i hoped to sell at my store 

Been a very slow week as Trader

img247/3740/screenshot1030ej6.jpg

img172/2298/screenshot1031nl4.jpg

img507/1299/screenshot1032dt7.jpg

img247/7301/screenshot1033dg2.jpg

img295/7544/screenshot1034cc0.jpg

img295/7544/screenshot1034cc0.jpg

Oh i got so much time on my hands   Or you could see it as a gamer and understand its not about how much time a person has, its how a person spends his time, for some they would grind the professions i took, for me i take my time, build up my rep. in the meantime by having as far i keep hearing from others a very populair shop.............Good thing its friday 

To me personaly Trader is the only challenging thing in SWG, let me be clear FOR ME, if SWG was combat oriented only i most likely would not play the game. Same goes for most MMORPG's, still have not found a mmorpg where i could say now this rocks with combat, sorry the lvl of combat i want out of a mmorpg experiance is most likely not even on a development table, this doesn't take away i can not have fun with combat in these games, cause i can, combat for me personaly is  just  far to simple and far to generic in almost any mmorpg, i want to be involved with the community ,in more way's then  fill the DPS gap a group needs.

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

I gave it another go and had a few of the age-old issues, mentioned them in these forums a week or so ago.  Some things never change though like SoE customer service, you just gotta love those guys like you would a sick puppy with brain rot.

Took my toon back to Kashyyk only to discover that I now only had access to the first area.  I sent a ticket to the csr's explaining in great detail that this particular character had already completed the access quests and most of the quests from the other levels as well, and I already had all the household quest rewards to prove it.

After six days ( fast for SoE) I got an email telling me that the guy had logged onto my toon and noticed that the access quests hadn't been done, along with a list of the quests needed.  well DUR!!!!  isn't that what I spent a long time explaining in the original petition?  The fact that they HAD been done previously and by some SoE magic now they are back to square one.  I just laughed and hit the delete button.  Someone should do this game a kindness and switch off the life support.

Originally posted by eric1000

I gave it another go and had a few of the age-old issues, mentioned them in these forums a week or so ago.  Some things never change though like SoE customer service, you just gotta love those guys like you would a sick puppy with brain rot.

Took my toon back to Kashyyk only to discover that I now only had access to the first area.  I sent a ticket to the csr's explaining in great detail that this particular character had already completed the access quests and most of the quests from the other levels as well, and I already had all the household quest rewards to prove it.

After six days ( fast for SoE) I got an email telling me that the guy had logged onto my toon and noticed that the access quests hadn't been done, along with a list of the quests needed.  well DUR!!!!  isn't that what I spent a long time explaining in the original petition?  The fact that they HAD been done previously and by some SoE magic now they are back to square one.  I just laughed and hit the delete button.  Someone should do this game a kindness and switch off the life support.

Thanks for showing you don't care about the community cause YOU had a bad experiance

And let me be clear i do not mind you complaining about the louzy customer service you had, cause thats your right to do so if you feel like it. But please show atleast you not some greedy wanna be mmorpg player that doesn't give a damn about the community, regardless what your feeling are towards the game do not foget this.

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

Originally posted by Reklaw

Thanks for showing you don't care about the community cause YOU had a bad experiance

And let me be clear i do not mind you complaining about the louzy customer service you had, cause thats your right to do so if you feel like it. But please show atleast you not some greedy wanna be mmorpg player that doesn't give a damn about the community, regardless what your feeling are towards the game do not foget this.

Quite right too, I apologise to the guys and girls still playing SWG but honestly, there are better games out there.  Hopefully someone will come along and make a good SW MMO at some point, Bioware maybe 

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Originally posted by Reklaw

Quite right too, I apologise to the guys and girls still playing SWG but honestly, there are better games out there.  Hopefully someone will come along and make a good SW MMO at some point, Bioware maybe 

Btw they should better now because of million of warnings million of players  gave them.

Here another one ... don't play SWG you may be highly  disappointed abut every part of the game and the worst customer Service you expected is for sure.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Quite right too, I apologise to the guys and girls  Meh still playing SWG but honestly, there are better games out there.  Hopefully someone will come along and make a good SW MMO at some point, Bioware maybe 

Hehe, anyway same hopes here man. But.....do hope and knowing Bioware they will come up with something original.

• xluciferxxluciferx Member Posts: 162

With bioware recently stating 'how to beat WoW' by creating just another WoW clone it's hardly enlightening that they'd want to create a second SW mmo, knowing bioware it'll probably be something original, but the grind will still be there, nothing new sadly.