Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with minor problem

Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

I've lost my hot bar. This has happened to me in the past but I'm coming up blank.

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

try  /ui hudreset

• farorefarore Member UncommonPosts: 89

Just tell the cops she was 18 ........oh sorry miss read the title try deleting your ui folder

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

I tried /ui hudreset. No luck (I logged out and back in).

And for some reason there is not a UI folder in the game directory.

May have to reinstall. Going to save the patch files to another folder and then paste them back in after.

Would rather not have to reinstall. Does anyone have any ideas to avoid this?

Thanks for the tips Obraik and Farore. 

Originally posted by Nikoz78

I tried /ui hudreset. No luck (I logged out and back in).
    And for some reason there is not a UI folder in the game directory.
    May have to reinstall. Going to save the patch files to another folder and then paste them back in after.
    Would rather not have to reinstall. Does anyone have any ideas to avoid this?
    Thanks for the tips Obraik and Farore. 

Go into your SWG folder then from there go to Profiles.  You'll see folders for each account you have, go into that then delete the folder named after your server.  You'll then need to redo all the settings you had set in game for characters on that server but your UI should be fixed.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I've lost my hot bar. This has happened to me in the past but I'm coming up blank.
    Change your resolution to the biggest size you can handle, then log in to the game and drag your hotbar slighty more to the middle.

I'm not sure if this wil help but i use to play SWG 1600-1200 but changed it to 1280-1024 and my hotbar was gone aswell, turned up the resolution and dragged the hotbar slightly up thus when changing res. again it was back.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Originally posted by Reklaw

Change your resolution to the biggest size you can handle, then log in to the game and drag your hotbar slighty more to the middle.

I'm not sure if this wil help but i use to play SWG 1600-1200 but changed it to 1280-1024 and my hotbar was gone aswell, turned up the resolution and dragged the hotbar slightly up thus when changing res. again it was back.

This is good advice.  In the heat of combat you can lose things, accidentally moving them off your visible screen onto the margins.

It's as annoying as hell, and there doesn't seem to be a way to "lock" the UI elements onto the screen so they won't move around when you don't want them to.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

Thanks everyone.

Originally posted by SioBabble

Originally posted by Reklaw

This is good advice.  In the heat of combat you can lose things, accidentally moving them off your visible screen onto the margins.

It's as annoying as hell, and there doesn't seem to be a way to "lock" the UI elements onto the screen so they won't move around when you don't want them to.

I'll make the rare move and agree with you on a point ;)  A UI lock feature is something that needs to be made.  Just about lost my waypoint list today when I went to grab a Rebel but got the list instead :/