Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not download this game... highly unsafe

aikageaikage Member Posts: 13

The downloads from the website are virus stricken.. here's my story..  I was looking through the long list of mmo's I've played and figured Deicide was one of my favories so.. I tried to download it , as soon as the installation was complete every .exe file on my computer was deleted and replaced with copies of the virus, if this happens to you the quickest and easiest root to recovery is to get a seperate hardrive that hooks up to your computer through usb or.. whatever, then you boot in safe mode, no virus spreads while in safe mode so.. yeah, then make sure you have a friend also cuz on this hardrive you'll need to have the .exe file from system restore. So from there you gather up any loose bit of info that might have changed since your last backup that you are POSITIVELY SURE is uncontaminated by the virus and store it on the hardrive, then replace the system restore .exe and your computer is back to normal. I hope you don't have to use this like I did :p although the whole thing is rather simple, I basically ganked all my computer geek friends equipment and did it myself.

So let me take this medicine to quench my love for violent things...

Comments

• yarow12yarow12 Member Posts: 6

Realy? When did this happen, did they fix it yet, U should tell them about it not us? Just Sayin'. And by the way, did this game get quest yet? Last time I played it didn't have any quest at all, but it's so~ AWSOME...too bad it has no quest yet. T-T

Viva New Orleans

• jessuparjessupar Member Posts: 29

These outlandish claims are getting VERY annoying.

NO it does not give you viruses. YES all this uiser wants is attention and to feel special? (similar to chail letter posters)

Upon reading this post i took it upon myself to download the game - play for 45 minutes (turns out i didnt like it, but beta.... so 50/50) and delete it with no other issues. I have NOD32, along with a slew of other scanners, and none, i repeat NONE found anything after running several in-depth scans of the files for the game, prior to installing and after.

Also, to fix something like this in the manner you claimed was possible would only corrupt the second hard drive as well. That's only IF you werent lying, which you are.

Sorry to rant, but people keep posting these over and over and over and OVER! THERE ARE NO GAMES ON THIS SITE THAT GIVE YOU VIRUSES UPON DOWNLOADING THEM! IF THEY DID, EVERYONE WOULD BE SAYING IT, NO ONE WOULD BE DOWNLOADING IT, AND THE GAME WOULD BE REMOVED VERY QUICKLY FROM MMORPG.COM!

Well, i'm done, enjoy your game. 

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

This is utter bullshit. I downloaded the game  and installed it. I have had NO problems whatsoever.

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

I know eh?

i've only ever gotten viruses off games that i googled for... actually i only got 1, but after redownloading the game out of curiousity it didnt do it the second time...

Viruses are a practical way to piss people off. a 400 meg installer file for an online game is a very inpractical way of throwing a virus on the net, when you can put them into everything from audio/video, to a notepad file.

(Why do i have 2 gold stars now? I've never figured that out, but i've been here for about a year)  

• yarow12yarow12 Member Posts: 6

"Sex is like math. You add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs and hope you don't multiply."

...NICE!~ Did U come up with that? XD But yeah Deicide Online wasn't that bad realy. All I wanted was some quest but since they didn't have any I left.

Viva New Orleans

Yeah actually, i did come up with that in grade 9 in math.

I just didnt like the whole feel of the game... but i know i didnt get a virus from it 

• XicusXicus Member Posts: 55

The first comment is just someone else's stupid way of stopping other people from downloading the game it does not contain any viruses because i never got any and to add to that ive only ever got 1 virus on this comp and that was years ago and it was not from a game.

It is highly possible that Aikage got the virus from somewhere else.

You know what's alot more likely Xicus? That he is just trying to raise his post count, or trying to start a chain-letter type posting spree.

I'd like to see this topic locked myself, and a rule put up about making these kind of claims in the future. maybe a 2 month mute? heh

• Droz68Droz68 Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by jessupar

These outlandish claims are getting VERY annoying.
    NO it does not give you viruses. YES all this uiser wants is attention and to feel special? (similar to chail letter posters)

Upon reading this post i took it upon myself to download the game - play for 45 minutes (turns out i didnt like it, but beta.... so 50/50) and delete it with no other issues. I have NOD32, along with a slew of other scanners, and none, i repeat NONE found anything after running several in-depth scans of the files for the game, prior to installing and after.
    Also, to fix something like this in the manner you claimed was possible would only corrupt the second hard drive as well. That's only IF you werent lying, which you are.

Sorry to rant, but people keep posting these over and over and over and OVER! THERE ARE NO GAMES ON THIS SITE THAT GIVE YOU VIRUSES UPON DOWNLOADING THEM! IF THEY DID, EVERYONE WOULD BE SAYING IT, NO ONE WOULD BE DOWNLOADING IT, AND THE GAME WOULD BE REMOVED VERY QUICKLY FROM MMORPG.COM!
    Well, i'm done, enjoy your game. 

Wow ......

way to jump down his/her throat and show your indepth knowledge of whats been happening with this particular game .....ROFL

It just so happens that this game was actually taken over by hacker's for a short period of time (approx a month or so), and YES they did add a virus as well as a trojan/keylogger.......

It wasn't in the actual game download though, it was in the update you would have received after initially installing.....

I'm not here to flame anyone, but we should all check our facts before going on a flame fest and suggesting things like 2 month bans.

All it would have taken to verify his/her comments would of required would be trolling the deicide forums and seeing the many many posts regarding the virus/hacking takeover/and trojan keylogger that were installed unbenownst to the non-exsistent gm's running the game ....lol

I WAS a long time player of deicide and was a current player when all this happened so not only can I verify this persons claims that it DID in fact happen, I can also tell you thats when I and many many others left due to the amount of accounts that were hacked/deleted/looted etc due to the keylogger..... several players of deicide had to do full reformats of their systems to remove the virus and so forth, and their's even threads on the forums regarding possible legal actions over these issues (as well as some regarding their cash shop)

Deicide is not a top notch game by any means, but as a free mmorpg it does keep some people happy, it's unfortunate the lack of any gm presence, updates, and so forth are most likely going to be the death of the game as it did have the potential to be atleast entertaining, was for me for about 10 months ...lol

ciao

I'm literally expecting a massive flame fest over this ....lol, so if required I can return with several links directly off their boards regarding the issue.

I'm not going to be a prick, and i can see that i was wrong, but i have to point something out. I said a 2 month mute not a 2 month ban.

Also, to verify, i did one better. i downloaded the game install file, scanned taht, installed it, did a full system scan with nod32's indepth function (nearly 2.5 hours later) ran the patcher and played for about an hour, restarted my computer, scanned it all AGAIN (i literally had nothing better to do this day) then uninstalled the game.

I did this a day before my first post on this topic, which on this current page i cannot see, and dont honestly care about, just look yourselves if you want.

The reason i "jumped down his throat" was that there are soooooooooo many of these posts. In everything from knight online, to runescape (which pissed me off substantially, because runescape is browser based java stuff...)

At the current time, i can attest to the fact that this game is user friendly, though not all that fun for someone like me. the worst feature i found was a lack of monsters, but that isnt what this topic is about.

If i was wrong, i do appologize, but given the extensive testing i did for the sake of bitching someone out quite thoroughly... i dunno. I stand by what i said. the game dosnt give you malware, or viruses. (And on an off note, a keylogger and virus are 2 slightly diferent things, and are usually catagorized in diferent categories, so technically i'm still right if the game gives you a keylogger, cuz it''s malware not a virus)

• Droz68Droz68 Member Posts: 5

actually there was a keylogger and a virus ...lol

and in your defense it was quashed by the dev's and/or gm's after a short period of time, a month or so I can't remember exactly ....(shortly after all the posts regarding legal action oddly enough....haha), so it is quite possible that at the time of your testing for said issues they no longer existed :P

and quite understandable your original position on the entire topic.....it is discouraging if not completely annoying to see people post derogatory remarks ragarding a game when it is generally just a personal vendetta against said game....

In other words I hear where your coming from an am sorry if I came off like a prick in my post regarding the whole issue :)

Droz

well given the case at hand, we may as well end it here. The game is safe again, we've settled any disputes... that actually went alot smoother than i expected lol.

~Later