Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giving it a try after a almost two years...

feldrinfeldrin Member UncommonPosts: 210

I just down loaded all the patches for the 21 day trial. I log in on four different accounts and realize I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't no what the specials are or anything.  I do not want to spend a free trial grinding to level up but I would like to see how you progress. All the characters I have logged in thus for are level 80 except an architect/armorsmith for whatever reason he's a 90 (that was the first account to expire after the nge so who knows).

Any way where should I go to learn the game. Should I quest and if so where should I start. One account had mustafar two others had kash and the lvl 90 never even had Jtl. So any help would be nice.

I don't claim to be right, I'm just posting.

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by feldrin

I just down loaded all the patches for the 21 day trial. I log in on four different accounts and realize I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't no what the specials are or anything.  I do not want to spend a free trial grinding to level up but I would like to see how you progress. All the characters I have logged in thus for are level 80 except an architect/armorsmith for whatever reason he's a 90 (that was the first account to expire after the nge so who knows).
    Any way where should I go to learn the game. Should I quest and if so where should I start. One account had mustafar two others had kash and the lvl 90 never even had Jtl. So any help would be nice.
    Leveling can be done either by quests, by the old way of killing creatures or space (you get a small amount of ground combat XP).  Get an XP buff from an Ent to increase the XP you get.  If you haven't done any of the quests on Mustafar, those plus the Azure Cabal and then faction theme park (only Rebel at the moment, Imperial one is on the way) will get you to level 90.

To learn the game, read some of the stickies on this forum and in the profession forums on the official forums.  Starting a new character and doing the tutorial can be helpful sometimes, but if you plan on using auto-aim and target lock then it's not going to help you learn how those features work.

I'd recommend joining a guild on your server too, your best help will be other people :)

• feldrinfeldrin Member UncommonPosts: 210

Thanks Obraik.

I don't claim to be right, I'm just posting.

• vizaviza Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by feldrin

Obraik had some great advice. As well the wiki (http://swg.wikia.com) is an excellent resource if you get stuck on a quest.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Nice to see some of the vets at least aren't afraid to give it a shot, instead of being irrationally spiteful towards it...