Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More than 2 toons?

luckdragonluckdragon Member UncommonPosts: 34

Do any SWG servers allow more than 2 toons per account?

Comments

• YodaCowboyYodaCowboy Member Posts: 2

All the servers are the same in this regard.  You will see some people that talk about 3 character slots, but that's because they unlocked Jedi way back before the combat upgrades.  When they unlocked their character their second character slot and made progress with their character Sony in good conscience couldn't make them delete their character to be fair to the rest.  So if you are a new players than no there are no servers that allow three characters.  Bummer eh? 

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

The test center server does allow 4 characters per account. The server runs just like a "production" server with people that play on it full time.  

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Originally posted by Gutboy

The test center server does allow 4 characters per account. The server runs just like a "production" server with people that play on it full time.  
    True, but often "TC Prime" poofs and those toons become unavailable as the physical servers are used for other testing, often when they're getting close to publish and need to allow blue frogs to allow high end character testing on a wider basis than the TC Prime community.

The "third toon" was created when the devs failed to do a simple test when they gave a second toon to everyone shortly after the NGE; those who had unlocked a second toon prior were given a third toon in error, and it was not taken away, but it's possible to lose it permanently if the "unlock" toon is rerolled. 

So, nowadays, you can have two toons per server, a limit of 8 toons total per account.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

The last poster is not correct, there are two test center servers, one of which operates like the poster above has stated. The other test server runs 24/7 and is only brought down when the devs need to patch in new stuff. This new test center is a "clean slate" server that has only been running for a few months, the devs have stated that this version of TC will not be wiped and it will be available without "blue frogs" (character builders and free stuff that is sometimes handed out on the other TC).

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

The last poster is not correct, there are two test center servers, one of which operates like the poster above has stated. The other test server runs 24/7 and is only brought down when the devs need to patch in new stuff. This new test center is a "clean slate" server that has only been running for a few months, the devs have stated that this version of TC will not be wiped and it will be available without "blue frogs" (character builders and free stuff that is sometimes handed out on the other TC).
    I recall for an extended period a couple of years back that "TC prime" was taken offline and put in storage while they mucked with the CU for months on end.

If that's changed, and TC Prime is inviolate, then it's a good thing.

Problem is that when I was able to access my account with TC access last spring, it was TC prime with frogs.

Dunno if they nuked my toon there back down to n00b level...but I was able to make it level 90 so I could try out all the BM expertise for a few days.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by SioBabble

I recall for an extended period a couple of years back that "TC prime" was taken offline and put in storage while they mucked with the CU for months on end.

If that's changed, and TC Prime is inviolate, then it's a good thing.

Problem is that when I was able to access my account with TC access last spring, it was TC prime with frogs.

Dunno if they nuked my toon there back down to n00b level...but I was able to make it level 90 so I could try out all the BM expertise for a few days.

There are two TC servers now.  TCPrime is the new one they started up a couple of months ago that has never had frogs and never will.  There's also the old TestCenter server from Launch that they bring in every major chapter update that does have frogs for those from Live to try out the new update.  This is so that TCPrime can emulate a Live server.

• number9number9 Member Posts: 5
    The whole 1 char per account thing was retarded, even 2 chars per account is pretty lame...

Most games allow 4-6 chars per account at least....
  • jay8378jay8378 Member UncommonPosts: 124

Originally posted by number9

The whole 1 char per account thing was retarded, even 2 chars per account is pretty lame... Most games allow 4-6 chars per account at least....
      1 toon per server was because old swg had a real economy and a skill based system.  If every one got 4-6 toons then one could roll all the professions one would need and there would be no need for the community crafters. In turn you would lose the whole meaning behind the skill based system and point pool. Unlike some other games that suck

Now that all that good stuff is gone All it would do is screw it up more than it already is. Not saying they arent doin a good job trying to breath new life in to swg. But its still lacking mucho. With out much support from soe as the dev team has shrunk, I don't see it going any where very fast either. It really saddens me .

/rant off