Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bounty Bay

Ok. I need to ask.

What's the deal with Voyage Century and Bounty Bay Online. They look... identical.

Comments

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525
    Originally posted by etruscan

Ok. I need to ask.
    What's the deal with Voyage Century and Bounty Bay Online. They look... identical.

Same games. Bounty Bay will get better support though, and bugs are being fixed, translations being bettered, item mall removed. It'll come with a price though: monthly fee.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• AfterlifeAfterlife Member UncommonPosts: 256

I tried the Bounty Bay beta and found it funny that one of the first tutorial guys says something along the lines of "Welcome to voyage century!"

Understandably this is probably referencing the time period, but the clone nature the these two games is ironic. :)

Both crap. PotBS ftw!

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525

Originally posted by Afterlife

I tried the Bounty Bay beta and found it funny that one of the first tutorial guys says something along the lines of "Welcome to voyage century!"
    Understandably this is probably referencing the time period, but the clone nature the these two games is ironic. :)

Both crap. PotBS ftw!
    They aren't clones, but exactly the same game. Slight difference.

PotBS? That game isn't even out yet. And SOE is involved now, which is not a plus for the game.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• MasiKONMasiKON Member Posts: 3

The game is basicly the same...

IGG bought the license from SnailGame for the US. They are running the game as Voyage Century (same title than the chinese version by SnailGame) in English.

The game is free to play but in the later levels you will need to buy items or services for real money (item mall). Otherwise you will not be able to compete with other players.

Yusho bought the license from SnaiGame for Europe. They are running the game as Bounty Bay Online (different name) in German, English and French.

The game is subscription based and items or services that require you to pay in VCO are free (included in the subscription fee).

I heard that Yusho is also offering new quests that are not available in VCO.

• Alice47Alice47 Member Posts: 12

I've hear that VCO players actually pay more than BBO players in the long run cause you need to pay real cash (not ingame money) to lvl up.

That is such a rip off, and it screws up game play cause the people who pay more play better.

VCO are totally fooling people with the "free" aspect.

I'd rather take the monthly hit and get to play on an even field!

• CaptAntillusCaptAntillus Member Posts: 58

I am a normal person that plays VCO. In RL I have a job, a wife(who plays with me), a family and the normal social commitments that follow.

How could a guy like me make a strog char in the game if there was none of these controversial features of the game, such as item mall and multiple accounts? I mean, I have limited time to play, how could I ever match guys that play up to 18 hours a day, that have no social commitments but the ones of the game? I would be doomed, condemned to have a weak and poor char, that would be the perfect victim for PKers and so.

That would kill the game for me in the long run. And this is what I believe is the major trouble with Bounty Bay: you´ll always be owned by those fanatics that do nothing but play. And there´s no way to counterbalance this.

Watching my expends in VCO Item Mall, I realized I spent, so far, less than U$ 10/month, for me and my wife. If we were in BBO, would we have spent less? I don´t think so.

Therefore, the conclusion I reach is simple. Despite of some annoyances of VCO(the cartoon stuff being the biggest) , there is absolutely no reason to change for BBO, ´cause I would always be falling behind.

I guess in your situation VCO really is the best option, but for people who want to play a lot (which doesn't mean we have no lives, we just like the game thank you very much!) I think BBO is better.

Since you don't play very much but still spend just under 10$ imagine what those hardcore VCo players must be spending!

They would save money on BBO- just saying!

I am not exactly a casual player, I play on daily bases, but I don´t have 20 hours/day to do so, that´s why I think VCO is my best option, ´cause of Item Mall and multiple accounts.

Yes, I know some guys spend hundreds of dollars monthly to keep up, others play most of the day, and some do both.

Still, you can match them even not being hardcore, only taking a little more time and make some choices wisely.

BTW. I never meant that everyone who likes to play a lot has no life, altough I think 18 hours/day leaves very little time for anything else. I play a lot, when I can, ´cause I love this game. Simple as that.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

The answer to the item mall question in VCO vs. BBO has a very simple solution to someone like me that plays the game casually from time to time just because I like the setting of the game..........Don't worry about what everyone else has and just enjoy the game. I have been playing VCO since day one off and on and haven't spent one shiney dime in the Item Mall nor do I feel I have to. Why you ask? Because I play the game for the enjoyment of the 17th century setting and I couldn't care less about competing with other players. You can enjoy VCO for free if you have the right attitude toward the game and don't feel compelled to "Keep up with the Jones's".

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• rshandlonrshandlon Member Posts: 173

I play VCO and find it fun and whoever said you need to pay to level is totally wrong.  You don't have to buy anything at all if you don't want to and still have fun playing.  Also, I believe overall VCO is more fun than PoTBS due to the fact that is easier to play and runs 100% better.  PoTBS has severe performance issues and the controls are somewhat lacking.  So, I will keep playing VCO and having fun.

Well, I suppose its to each hisher own in this case!

I get that some people don't care if they level up and they just want to play for the sake of playing, I need a little more raison d'etre than that! I do want to lvl up and get bigger and better stuff... but I don't want to pay extra to do that...

But thats just my opinion.

By the way, what is Potbs?

• SuperqwertySuperqwerty Member Posts: 54

I think you gotta be pretty dumb to play VCO when the the alternative BBO version is a much better bet. The amount of players coming over to BBO telling me they spend $200 plus a month on an online game is hilarious! 

I think you gotta be pretty dumb to pay for a game that can be played for free. Many people can spend U$ 200/month in this game, but I have spent, so far, less than this in my whole VCO experience, which is abou to complete 10 months.

Nobody is forced to buy Item Mall stuff with RL money. You can buy in-game, from other players. I if you don´t want to buy them at all, there´s still a lot of fun. A serious gamer can play VCO without IM stuff and still make a very strong char. It only takes dedication.

• SuperqwertySuperqwerty Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by CaptAntillus

I think you gotta be pretty dumb to pay for a game that can be played for free. Many people can spend U$ 200/month in this game, but I have spent, so far, less than this in my whole VCO experience, which is abou to complete 10 months.
      Nobody is forced to buy Item Mall stuff with RL money. You can buy in-game, from other players. I if you don´t want to buy them at all, there´s still a lot of fun. A serious gamer can play VCO without IM stuff and still make a very strong char. It only takes dedication.

Well, call me dumb if like. BBO, however is a game where everyone is on equal footing from the start, the GM support is excellent and the community is great. It sounds like to me that if you paid a little bit more you could also have the benefit of this subscription based game. Not only that, with your dedication you could get all those IM stuff for free by doing the quests. I mean all of them, not just what you can afford (Except for the stupid ones like water pistols etc that have been left out of BBO.).

So why not give it a try for the free ten day period, you'll be made most welcome!

• sirlsirl Member Posts: 9

PPL must know the truth!

Game is GREAT.

In VCO variant - it's game for payers. If u dont want to be killed by a noob with credit card, so - pay $, or quit. Or feel yourself useless from middle of gaming.

In BBO variant - it's game for fair players. U cant pay more than 15$ a month! U cant! For the really GREAT GAME! Test trial to SEE IT!

Why i like this game - coz of it's advantages. Best gear, like dragon gear, like dragon weapon, like amazing power battleships, like water graphics, like whole worlds around u can visit... Real nice suits, real nice 18th century hats, nationalities and professions. Really whole world in your hands.

• christianadochristianado Member Posts: 4

They are from the same developer.

Originally posted by sirl

PPL must know the truth!
    Game is GREAT.

In BBO variant - it's game for fair players. U cant pay more than 15$ a month! U cant! For the really GREAT GAME! Test trial to SEE IT!

Unless you decide to make alternative accounts and have, therefore, as many alts as you want, by paying U$ 15/month each two.

• kakasiraykakasiray Member Posts: 23

i played BBO for somtime.Really boring,like  RPG. Really few guy play it.I will keep on VCO  

• xingxiuxingxiu Member Posts: 6

I played VCO for a long time,after I try BBO,I quitted one day after I played it-_-

• feverxufeverxu Member Posts: 4

i ever went  and played BBO before .but there were very little players there,so i came back