Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which side will the Death Knight be on?

b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441

so i have heard varying descriptions of how the death knight will function, and im not even sure if anyone outside of blizzard really knows

but, when i watched the trailer it sounded as though when you become a death knight you somehow join arthas and become Evil, and i have heard many people agree with this statement (a few even say it was fact), yet i have also heard that you play a redeemed death knight who is a tradtitional horde or alliance class (which i have also heard a lot, and quoted as fact)

so which one is it, anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318

It will be available to both factions.

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441

Originally posted by Shijuki

well ya, but it sounded in the trailer as though it would be on the side of arthas, and i heard the same thing from some other players

they said it would be like an "anti-class" or one which goes against the other factions

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730

Both factions can unlock the character...

I just don't see a Death Knight strolling around Stormwind. Honestly, that is just wrong.

So hopefully, you won't belong to Horde or Alliance.

• AlchemdaAlchemda Member Posts: 179

All sides, all races, all classes. You "unlock" the class, much like you used to "unlock" Jedi in SWG pre NGE and CU

-Once unlocked you are able to choose the class in the create a character screen, you start at a high lvl, most likly at lvl 50-60 and are given decent gear for that lvl.

----------------------
    Played (In order of favorite first to least): DAOC, EQ2, EVE, WOW, Vanguard, AC2, City of __, Guild Wars, LOTRO, EQ, Sword of New World, FFXI, Lineage 2, Second Life, DDO, Anarchy Online, RF Online, Archlord, Uru, Ragnarok Online, Shadowbane, Planetside, Auto Assault, Ryzom, Matrix Online, Horizons, Entropia, Sims, Runescape, Lineage 1, AC1, Dungeon Runners

Originally posted by b0rderline99

Originally posted by Shijuki

well ya, but it sounded in the trailer as though it would be on the side of arthas, and i heard the same thing from some other players

they said it would be like an "anti-class" or one which goes against the other factions

That's the lore of the class itself, has nothing to do with how it will work ingame.

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441

Originally posted by Ruthgar

I just don't see a Death Knight strolling around Stormwind. Honestly, that is just wrong.
    agreed

trying to make a "good" death knight ("good" is relative depending on if you are horde or alliance) just does not make sense

Originally posted by b0rderline99

Originally posted by Ruthgar

agreed

trying to make a "good" death knight ("good" is relative depending on if you are horde or alliance) just does not make sense

Same can be said about the warlock, wouldnt exactly call it "good" either, but it still on both sides. @Ruthgar: It's going to available to both Alliance and Horde.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

actually the thing goes that you play a Redeemed death knight.

you fell to corruption and was on Scourge side for XX time and then popped out, forsaken style, and decided to return to your side. That is why you start level 55+ instead of one, you are supposed to have a lot of background baggae behind you and that is why you still join one of the two factions instead of being some sort of third faction on your own.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"