Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

14day free trial!?! -Help needed-

korvixkorvix Member Posts: 477

Ok, I just DLd the free trial both from Fileplanet and the station site, and both are broken I guess? I checked the official tech forums but i cant post on it for some dumb ass reason, and I couldnt find anything about it other than changing the path used as a target. And it was the same as the one of the forums.

Any suggestions or help? Thanks in advance

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Did the file end up in your download folder(s)?, whats the size of the file if you have it?, if the swg file is there and you click on it what kind of (error)message do you see/get?

Also whats the system you using, doesn't have to be a problem but you never know 

Other then this i do not know what the reason could be without some more info 

• korvixkorvix Member Posts: 477

Its like 4 gigs, and From what ive read on the main site i have to click on the "create new account" and make a new account for this to work. I did and i get

" Star Wars Galaxies™ Trial Program - Account Activation

We are sorry but the page was called without an attached Game Code. Without it, the registration cannot be accepted."

from what i gather the launcher is surposed to supply the server with a code. Sorry I didnt make it clear what I was having trouble with in my first post I have been up all night long trying to get this game to work and now its 6:02am and I have nothing to show for it. The game is installed and I get no errors other than i cant make a trial account. If anyone else can make one please let me know how or just make one for me please lol b/c I have no clue whats wrong.

Originally posted by korvix

Its like 4 gigs, and From what ive read on the main site i have to click on the "create new account" and make a new account for this to work. I did and i get

" Star Wars Galaxies™ Trial Program - Account Activation

We are sorry but the page was called without an attached Game Code. Without it, the registration cannot be accepted."

from what i gather the launcher is surposed to supply the server with a code.

Okay seems you have the correct size, have you checked your mail if you used the fileplanet trial you'll get a mail with all steps including the trail key to be used. Or else look at you fileplanet login account details/(beta)key's section. I did spot a few problems that people seem to have with the official site aswell gamespot trial downloads of SWG but could'nt find a real solution to those. But the fileplanet one should work as said ( i hope afcourse)

Other then this maybe someone else might have a suggestion but this is all i can come up with, stil hope it helped (somewhat)

The tech forums on station for SWG says that the Fileplanet trial DL should be the same as the one from the their site, you just have to patch less. Anyone know why they dont allow people to post on their forums and how to get access to post? Im guessing your Station account has to be flagged as having paid for SWG, which is about retarded if your trying to try the game and the trial is busted...

Im about to say fuck it at this point...

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Check to make sure your Launchpad shortcut has the correct Trial code on it.  It sounds like you may have done this but incase you found something different, here it is again:

To do so (take from http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=37288&#586756 ), right click your SWG shortcut and click properties.  In the Target field you should see something like:

"C:Program FilesSonyStationLaunchPadLaunchPad.exe" /game:starwars

At the end of that line, make sure that you have this at the end of it:

/batch:2029509 /plan:460

If it's not there, add that after the "/game:starwars" so that it looks something like this:

"C:Program FilesSonyStationLaunchPadLaunchPad.exe" /game:starwars /batch:2029509 /plan:460

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111

Doesn't it cost money to subscribe to Fileplanet and download trials? If so then it wasn't free.

Originally posted by Samuraisword

Doesn't it cost money to subscribe to Fileplanet and download trials? If so then it wasn't free.

Yes it cost money to sub to fileplanet, no it doesn't cost anything but your ISP downloading the trial from fileplanet without a subscription, difference would be the sub fileplanet user can download it instant and from max or fast servers, where the none sub fileplanet user can be q'd and have slower connection type server. Besides even if it was downloaded with a sub for fileplanet its still hardly worth mentioning the cost compared to what a sub gets like all the beta's, early previews and more

Yup tried that...guess im done with this game before I even play it lol. Oh well...

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by korvix

Yup tried that...guess im done with this game before I even play it lol. Oh well...

Check your PMs ;)

• MataaMataa Member Posts: 24

What operating system are you using? If you are using Vista than yu need to right click SWG anc select run as administrator. Just a thought.