Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlanta Games Day 2007 - WAR Character Ability List

Extensive list of WAR character abilities (not complete): only-war.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php

Comments

• KshahdooKshahdoo Member Posts: 553

Hmm... Interesting. It looks like that point system works like time system with cooldowns. Or perhaps like point system for rogues in WoW... And morale acts like some kind of warrior rage in WoW.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

My god...an actual attempt at using taunt/detaunt skills in pvp.

Weird way to do it, but very interesting. Makes a tank a viable pvp resource for once.

I LOVE IT!!!!

On a side note, morale appears to build as you and your party succeed in battle, and drop as you falter. It's user to power special abilties much like mana or anything else, but it DOES seem to build much like the Rage bar from what I've read. I wish this list had more classes, as well as Tactics, but oh well.

• KshahdooKshahdoo Member Posts: 553

Ye, pvp taunt is a trick protection warriors have been asking for years in WoW... But I hate to be a tank anyway, hehe... It looks like i'm gonna be a choppa!

• ImpyrielImpyriel Member UncommonPosts: 711

Haha I love the names of the Black Orcs abilities. Now they need one called Slobb'r Knock'r

I like the taunts debuffing abilities, 50% seems like alot though.

Show me Chosen!!!!

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Originally posted by Impyriel

Haha I love the names of the Black Orcs abilities. Now they need one called Slobb'r Knock'r
    Show me Chosen!!!!
    Of course it's a lot.  You want them to be Taunted, not slightly pissed off. :p

You want them to feel like they have no choice but to attack the Tank, not just that it's a slightly better decision. :)

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• ImpyrielImpyriel Member UncommonPosts: 711

Originally posted by checkthis500

Show me Chosen!!!!

You want them to feel like they have no choice but to attack the Tank, not just that it's a slightly better decision. :)

Well I'm just thinking in terms of gameplay. 50% is a huge chunk of DPS. 25%-30% seems more fair. Maybe less.

I can see alot of people being saved by taunts now though.

• dominiadominia Member Posts: 191

Show me Chosen!!!!

Well I'm just thinking in terms of gameplay. 50% is a huge chunk of DPS. 25%-30% seems more fair. Maybe less.

As much as I love the idea of of 50% for 30sec, I do think it will be reduced either in duration or percentage. A happy medium I could see would be

Reduce damage by 30% for the next 30sec, but can be improved to 40%, 45%, or 50% using Tactics.

-D^t

Currently Playing: GW2
    Retired: Shadowbane, DAoC, WoW, FFXI, Eve Online, SWToR

The Aphelion MMO Blog - GW2 Initial Impressions

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Originally posted by dominia

Show me Chosen!!!!

As much as I love the idea of of 50% for 30sec, I do think it will be reduced either in duration or percentage. A happy medium I could see would be

Reduce damage by 30% for the next 30sec, but can be improved to 40%, 45%, or 50% using Tactics.

-D^t

The only thing I honestly see happening is perhaps the Taunt causing 50% less damage to everyone else, and 25% more damage to the person doing the Taunting.

Anything less than 50% and I dont think the person would change targets.  I think they'd just keep attacking.  Not much of a Taunt.

The idea is to encourage the enemy to Attack you, so if they're doing max damage to you, and -50% to everyone else, they're going to attack you.  It's plenty Fair.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.