Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is it?

HirzikHirzik Member Posts: 57

Yeah I know this question may have been asked before but including online updates and expansions, what is it like?  Personally I never played it so I have no clue.  If you could shed some light it'd be useful.  How's the game play? Graphics? PvP(?)? Audio? Lore? Learning curve? Lag? Timing of server resets? Anything else I left out?

Thximage

::::20::

Comments

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

Ok, im an Old Skool player but if you havent even played uo.. ill pitch it to ya this way

Game Play - Some Of The Best Ever

Graphics - Not The Best In Most Eyes, But For Vets Like Me, You Cant Improve On Them, They Are Perfect For The Game.

Audio - depending on you taste in music while you play you may want to go into the optiong turn on the music and run winamp

Learning Curve - Depending on your knowledge of PC games/mmorpgs in genereral 30mins-a few hours.

Lag - Depends On Your Connection And Where You Are Located, I Played On Baja,Pacifc,Catskills,Siege from Colorado, all were just fine, so you should be fine i think.

Time Of Resets - Dont Know If Its Changed Since I Last Played But On Pacific It Was Around 5-6am.

Heres a few more little tidbits

Some Of The Best Custom Gameplay Youll Ever See

Awesome Crafting System

Fully Customizable Housing

Reputaion Based On Karma/Fame Which Gives You Different Titles

ohh and i forgot to add

PvP - now i havent played on OSI shards in a while but when i still played PvP was decent, was better at first but if youve never played youll never know :)

ill also add, im thinking about reactivating my old account, even though ive lost my houses, im bored and feel like giving uo another run just for the hell of it

• deamonizeddeamonized Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by digitydarkman

Ok, im an Old Skool player but if you havent even played uo.. ill pitch it to ya this way

Game Play - Some Of The Best Ever

Graphics - Not The Best In Most Eyes, But For Vets Like Me, You Cant Improve On Them, They Are Perfect For The Game.

Heres a few more little tidbits

Some Of The Best Custom Gameplay Youll Ever See

Awesome Crafting System

Fully Customizable Housing

Reputaion Based On Karma/Fame Which Gives You Different Titles

- You go girl :). In my eyes I don't think no other mmorpg game will ever replace UO, it's a classic.

It's almost flawless :). They shouldn't have changed PVP, but it's still awesome and lots of fun.

• HirzikHirzik Member Posts: 57
    Interesting... I might just give it a try once I finally get some money.  Ehh... I'll see if I can find a copy in my neighborhood since EB Games has constantly said they're going to get rid of their computer games since I think 1996 but I've yet to see it (since currently they just use that as an excuse to house a crappy selection of only expansions and games that no one has bought in a long time... occasionally I see something fun that looks like it's somewhat original).  Anyway thanks for the replies and I'll see if I like it or not.

np glad to help

So far it has a nice interface... I'm getting used to the controls still (got used to console controllers and the controls of WarCraft III and ShadowBane).  Other than that I'm still getting used to this game so it might be a while before I say it's spectacular or even incredibly great.  But I'll definitely say it has things on many of the other games out there.

Now to see how thieves are in that game.

• deamonizeddeamonized Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by Hirzik

So far it has a nice interface... I'm getting used to the controls still (got used to console controllers and the controls of WarCraft III and ShadowBane).  Other than that I'm still getting used to this game so it might be a while before I say it's spectacular or even incredibly great.  But I'll definitely say it has things on many of the other games out there.
    -
    Make a few hotkeys n' all, it helps alot.

Now to see how thieves are in that game ::::20::
    -
    He he, I'm sure they are quite fun. I don't like them nasty little thieves :P
      Huh... where did my check with 10mill go? ;)

Gotta love you can see other players paperdolls, and they all have different looks.
    Sometimes I just went to brit bank and watched paperdolls as they went by he he.
    Lots of odd stuff to do when you don't feel like fighting or whatever profession you choose.

I'm still getting the hang of the game.  So far my best character is necromancer who is sorta gimpy.  So I have some work to do, but then again that's because I'm also the one that'll rush into a field of mobs and start casting after they're upon me. image

Well I'll learn my lesson one day.

hey what shard are you on, if i come back to uo i might make a char with ya

So far I've been playing on Atlantic.  Are there any that are somewhat or a lot better at this time?  Also wait about a month and get the 7th anniversary edition of UO (I think that's the name) has some extra stuff, I believe it was discussed here in anothert thread (shouldn't be down more than 10).

ya i made that post about the 7th aniv edition, and i have chars on pacific, dont know how good the shard is now ill have to see later