Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My view on RuneScape.

Wildman2121Wildman2121 Member Posts: 90

Ok Im not going to say Guild Wars Is better or Wow is better then RuneScape Im just giving my opinion on it. The graphics in my opinion arnt too bad. I mean their not good but their not bad. The gameplay is what really gets me. I mean..its not like any game really takes "skill" per say..but RuneScape really inst interactive..its just basically a click and wait game. I mean all games are basically click or push buttons..but their a little more interactive then RuneScape. Thats what I really dont like about RuneScape, its just a game of patience. With me I need more interaction in my games. Not just click and wait. Im lvl 82 and with a total lvl of 1204 and Ive quit. Its just gotten boring for me, clicking and waiting. At first I loved RuneScape but ive just grown tired of it.

Comments

• SeNsaToR1337SeNsaToR1337 Member UncommonPosts: 36

You say that it's a patience game. Take a look at WoW, the most succesful financial MMO created, it's 100% patience. It's not interactive, all you do is kill mobs (using 3 or 4 buttons on your keyboard) over and over and over until you are level 70 (soon to be 80.) Yay you hit level 70, don't congratulate yourself yet, you need to spend a month or two of doing the same raids, the same instances over and over and over until you get the right items. You get the items, what do you do then? You do more instances/raids for more items or you do PvP which is entirely repetitive and boring.

If you say RuneScape is a patience game take a big look at WoW, it sucks, yet it is very succesful?

/end WoW rant.

P.S. I haven't played RuneScape for 6 years. And i'm not a hippocrit, I haven't played wow for months.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

If you havent played it for 6 years, i suggest you try it again they've added way more things like clan chat hot keys etc

?

• SeNsaToR1337SeNsaToR1337 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by AkaJetson

If you havent played it for 6 years, i suggest you try it again they've added way more things like clan chat hot keys etc

I'm not critisizing RuneScape.

• MMORPGtesterMMORPGtester Member UncommonPosts: 96

All games "MMO's" are about the same, Little or no skill needed.  But few developers are working on ways of changing this trend by incorporating some aspects of shooter games. Test of reflexes. When it comes to runescape one must realize this game is played threw a browser. And in that aspect is passably the best browser played game out there at this time. It's the ease of playing no waiting.

Anyway it's never is about the game itself and it's playability. It's mostly about the community and the tight weave that it creates. After all this is why we play MMO's to be around others.

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by SeNsaToR1337

You say that it's a patience game. Take a look at WoW, the most succesful financial MMO created, it's 100% patience. It's not interactive, all you do is kill mobs (using 3 or 4 buttons on your keyboard) over and over and over until you are level 70 (soon to be 80.) Yay you hit level 70, don't congratulate yourself yet, you need to spend a month or two of doing the same raids, the same instances over and over and over until you get the right items. You get the items, what do you do then? You do more instances/raids for more items or you do PvP which is entirely repetitive and boring.

If you say RuneScape is a patience game take a big look at WoW, it sucks, yet it is very succesful?

/end WoW rant.

P.S. I haven't played RuneScape for 6 years. And i'm not a hippocrit, I haven't played wow for months.

100% patience? Do you have ADD or something? WoW requires very little patience and is no where near a point, click, watch and wait type of game, like Runescape.

Yes, once you hit 70 alls you do is raid. You forgot to mention that some of the encounters are actually pretty fun. After you've done each boss 3 or 4 times though, it does get boring and repeptive. That's what it's like with most of the things in WoW. You do it a few times and then it becomes work.

WoW isn't the best game out there and it's got some bad points(rep grinds, "raid or die", huge gear influence, crappy PvP, crappy community), but it doesn't suck. Going from 1-70 and running some of the dungeons for the first time was fun.

P.S. I don't play WoW anymore. I left a month after I hit 70. The huge emphasis on raiding, gear and rep killed it for me.

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by MMORPGtester

All games "MMO's" are about the same, Little or no skill needed.  But few developers are working on ways of changing this trend by incorporating some aspects of shooter games. Test of reflexes. When it comes to runescape one must realize this game is played threw a browser. And in that aspect is passably the best browser played game out there at this time. It's the ease of playing no waiting.
    Anyway it's never is about the game itself and it's playability. It's mostly about the community and the tight weave that it creates. After all this is why we play MMO's to be around others.

You're thinking of twitch based skill. There's more than just that. You also got thinking skill. You don't need fast reflexes to play chess, do you?

Actually, yes, it's always been about the game itself and it's playability. The community's a huge part, probably even bigger than the gameplay, but if your game sucks eggs, there's not going to be a community.

• apothas185apothas185 Member Posts: 66

/end WoW rant.

look dude your entiteled to ur opinion but dont put others down because they disagree

oh and all mmos need patience

• legend55legend55 Member Posts: 155

Guys guys we were taling about Runescape not about WoW pls stick to runscape:):)

• JonnyHelfireJonnyHelfire Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by BobCrazyton

/end WoW rant.

100% patience? Do you have ADD or something? WoW requires very little patience and is no where near a point, click, watch and wait type of game, like Runescape.

Yes, once you hit 70 alls you do is raid. You forgot to mention that some of the encounters are actually pretty fun. After you've done each boss 3 or 4 times though, it does get boring and repeptive. That's what it's like with most of the things in WoW. You do it a few times and then it becomes work.

WoW isn't the best game out there and it's got some bad points(rep grinds, "raid or die", huge gear influence, crappy PvP, crappy community), but it doesn't suck. Going from 1-70 and running some of the dungeons for the first time was fun.

P.S. I don't play WoW anymore. I left a month after I hit 70. The huge emphasis on raiding, gear and rep killed it for me.

you could do something new like host a mayor battle and make a video out of it to put on youtube aka clan war video there always fun they have alot of those on both games and i suggest you try it if bored with the same old raids and instances