Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hammer of Deletion (Voting open in new sticky thread)

skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348

Hi,

As discussed in a previous post (here) , Were going to change the page output for deleted posts to be something a bit more interesting than "Posted Deleted", and it was suggested to make it a competition, so here it is.

Make a graphic to be used for a post  that has been deleted.  Currently we have white text on a dark red background stating "Post Deleted".  Read linked post to learn more of what some have been saying (here)

The rules, and mostly my own random comments are as follows:

1. Maximum image dimensions are : 550x150 pixels
  2. Has to be SFW.
  3. I would prefer a basis in red, just because it's instantly recognizable as deleted, but not necessary.
  4. I reserve the right to make small adjustments on the final image as I see fit... (if necessary, would probably just be cleanup and what not, if needed at all)
  5. This thread will be the submission thread, and I'll make a vote thread later...
  6. Later will be next Wednesday (August 22nd, 2007) [EXTENDED]
  7. Really doesn't have to be a hammer, anything cool is.... cool.
  8. If you win, we own the image.  (I'm sure theres a better, legal sounding way of putting this)
  9. Don't steal other peoples work.  Needs to be original.
  10. I would be very happy if the winner had an uncompressed version they could send me (not JPEG).
  11. If you can't do graphics or whatnot, paper+pencil sketches will count too, and I'll make a polished version.
  12. No limit on number of times one can enter.

So, there it is, Good luck, and I'm looking forward to this, and keep it fun.

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

lol, this should be fun 

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

We have to make our own hammer of Deletion for OUR posts that get deleted...

thats just pure evil I tell you.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I got to do the pen and paper. Not good with all this graphics mombo jombo...when I have the programs.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• TsollessTsolless Member Posts: 448

Sweet, I have an awesome idea. Time to go photoshop.

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047

well im not the best in the world with photoshop but i have a couple pics to enter since no one else wants to give it a shot

i know its not exactly the same as the old one but i tried to get it as close as i could

if you cant see it at first glance the hammer is casting a shadow... this one turned out horible i know

old school hammer very simple and to the point i guess

and this hammer is sotof like a stamp i guess because it leaves a message that says post deleted i might add ahmmer of deletion onto the hammer though

the first and last ones have a black background and it doesnt really fit into the site if you want i can turn them into transparent background gifs and i also have the uncompressed versions too if you need them if i win

Critisism is ENCOURAGED, except for the way i spelled critisism because i know its wrong

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

Needs a soviet hammer and sickle, as an ironic comment at the Stalinistic style of censorship that mmorpg.com is sometimes said to have.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

Originally posted by pyrofreak

Needs a soviet hammer and sickle, as an ironic comment at the Stalinistic style of censorship that mmorpg.com is sometimes said to have.
    not part of the contest just something extra i thought would be cool

And no one else is entering?!?! cmon

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Man this sucks, why such a low due date. I don't even have time to make a drawing.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Gameloading

We have to make our own hammer of Deletion for OUR posts that get deleted...

thats just pure evil I tell you.

Reminds me of when my Grandma used to make me pull a branch off the backyard tree for her to use as a switch. 

• RittoRitto Member Posts: 191

Keeping in mind that im not amazing at graphics art here is my attempt

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

THIS THREAD/POST HAS BEEN TARGETED FOR TERMINATION!

I couldn't be bothered to photoshop then host the pic, but if you like the idea I'm sure you boys at MMORPG.com will do that yourselves. Put the text in the photo maybe with a little text giving me credit for the idea ;) Or how about several different pics and the mod can pic the one they feel is best or most appropriate?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

OK I had nothing to do so I photoshopped it, please let me know if there's any problems with it.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

How about this one for the SWG forums?

CS Lewis

Another one for the Vanguard forums? You could change between this and smed for the EQ forums depending on relevancy.

CS Lewis

• Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939

Very simple.  But I like to keep it simple.  

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

How about this one for when you have to delete a goldsellers post?

CS Lewis

Originally posted by Agricola1

LMFAO i love it, it makes a deleted post not seem as bad as it really is, but instead enhanced!

Originally posted by grimweeper

LMFAO i love it, it makes a deleted post not seem as bad as it really is, but instead enhanced!

That's my point, the hard work you put into the thread wasn't wiped away it was enhanced because that's what you asked for. I was gonna put a 666 on his forehead but didn't, wanted to do a Goatse one but suspected I'd get banned for it :(

CS Lewis

How about this one for when you have to delete a goldsellers post?

I laughed so hard at this

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

"CAN'T POST THIS!"

DOn't have time to play with PS at work 

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

Man this sucks, why such a low due date. I don't even have time to make a drawing.

Sure I can make this extend longer, say Wednesday or so next week... just so we can get some more ACTUALLY USABLE submissions.

Originally posted by skywisenight

Sure I can make this extend longer, say Wednesday or so next week... just so we can get some more ACTUALLY USABLE submissions.

Is mine usable, if not can you please tell me how to make it usable?

• WantsumBierWantsumBier Member Posts: 1,079
    Originally posted by 8hammer8

"CAN'T POST THIS!"
    DOn't have time to play with PS at work 

Gets my vote!

I shoot for the curve... anything above that is gravy.

• skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Originally posted by Ritto

Is mine usable, if not can you please tell me how to make it usable?

Yours is one of the ones which will be put into the poll once the time-frame is up.  No worries

Oh yea thanks i actually put time and effort into those pictures