Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need to be acended or just lvl 20 for GW:EN?

MesmerindaMesmerinda Member Posts: 31

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but what I wonder is does one have to have an ascended character or is it enough to have one that's reached lvl 20 but not finished all the big story-based missions, got stuck somewhere half-way through at "The Wilds" as I recall, went to Elona though and got heroes and decent equipment for my char, is that enough to get one started in GW:EN?

Comments

• gil0gil0 Member Posts: 32

The quest to be able to start whit GW:EN will probably be (for prophecies) in Lion`s Arch.

I think there aren`t any REQUIEMENTS but it will probably be hard from the start, so it will be better if you are max lvl. and have good equipments.

Be nice and click this link
    miniconomy and play the best online text based trade game on the net.

• SecromSecrom Member Posts: 318
    Since GW:EN requires any of the 3 campaigns, and that "Ascension" is tied to Prophecies only, it's safe to assume being lvl 20 is all you need.

Not even sure it's a requirement per se, more like the content is meant for max level characters, so lower levels might have a tough time in there anyway.
  • RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525
    Originally posted by Mesmerinda

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but what I wonder is does one have to have an ascended character or is it enough to have one that's reached lvl 20 but not finished all the big story-based missions, got stuck somewhere half-way through at "The Wilds" as I recall, went to Elona though and got heroes and decent equipment for my char, is that enough to get one started in GW:EN?

The quest to travel to EotN will start in Lion's Arch (Prophecies), Kaineng (Factions) and Kamadan (Elona) as far as I know. 'Ascension' only exists in Prophecies, so I doubt that will be a requirement. As far as the level goes: I don't know what will be required to trigger the quest. There might as well be no requirement. But EotN will be level 20 content, so I doubt you can do it with low level chars because of the difficulty. What I don't understand is: level 20 is easy to reach? No big deal to level to 20 before the expansion comes out in 2 weeks?

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

I know, how about you wait and find out, the preview is next weekend and release is the week after...

imageimage

• Moonchild003Moonchild003 Member Posts: 3

I think the ''Ascend'' of Faction is the completion of 'Closer to the stars'

and  the 'A hero Shall lead them'  for nightfall (not quite sure on that one)

its only when you finished those quests   that ull b able to change your secondary profession

HF and GL

Pre-GW:EN is comming.....  Starting countdown  w0000t

• seabluesseablues Member Posts: 58

Ascension happens in Prophecies when u beat your dopplganer.  Being "Closer to the Stars" is factions equivalent to ascension.  B4 nightfalls came out u needed to be one or the other to change your secondary.  When Nightfalls came out you were able to change your secondary upon completion of the command post, BUT you were NOT considered ascended, ala prophs, until u made it to the chantry of secrets, where u access the underworld.

It was a big change.  Last time i checked u needed to be "closer" or "ascended" to change you pve toons profession in the great temple of balthazaar, but thats been awhile.  Even when NF first came out your NF toon couldn't change in the GToB u need to do it in the command post.

hope that helps

ps and i hope thats still right

edit: GW:EN is described as LvL 20 content

• SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

"'Ascension' only exists in Prophecies, so I doubt that will be a requirement."

It may not be a requirement, but Factions has an "Ascension" mission: it's called, "Closer to the Stars" and it's the mission that gets you into Senji's Corner to see the Secondary Profession Changer (just as you have to be ascended in Prophecies to change your secondary profession).

Nightfall doesn't have a specific quest related to ascension, but to get a secondary profession changer there you have to have at least gotten to the Sunspear Sanctuary and have completed at least one or two of the "Building the Base" quests (been awhile, so don't hold me to that).

And Chantry of Secrets is NF's gateway to FoW and the Underworld, so arriving there means you can actually enter those areas even if you haven't "ascended" via Prophecies or Factions.

If anything in NF resembles "ascension" at all, it's attaining the rank of Sunspear General, which is the rank all NF characters must get before they can complete the quest "And a Hero Shall Lead Them", which is the primary quest that opens up the way to Chantry and the "mid game" missions and quests in NF.

• seabluesseablues Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by Serling

And Chantry of Secrets is NF's gateway to FoW and the Underworld, so arriving there means you can actually enter those areas even if you haven't "ascended" via Prophecies or Factions.

Your making my point.

You must be ascended in order to get into FoW or UW.  If you dont believe me make a guy in prophs, lvl him to 20, get a run from LA, and try to get in.  We had to kick a monk last night cause he wasn't.

gg

edit:

Do to the  gated nature of Factions its impossible to run to Zin Ku Corrodir.

"You must be ascended in order to get into FoW or UW. If you dont believe me make a guy in prophs, lvl him to 20, get a run from LA, and try to get in. We had to kick a monk last night cause he wasn't."

You pulled my quote out of context. Look at the preceding and following paragraphs: I was speaking specifically of Nightfall characters.

A Nightfall character CAN enter FOW or UW once they arrive in Chantry, even if they haven't ascended in Prophecies or Factions, because by the time THEY arrive at Chantry, they've already completed whatever Nightfall requirement(s) exist for Ascension.

Hope that's more clear.

GW:EN ROCKS!!!!!

Returning to Tyria has never been better! And I've already got 2 characters with half of the 10 new heroes in GWEN. Vekk is cool and Jora is HOT!!! (OK, I said it: said exactly what you were thinking about her!)

Can't wait to start hanging tapestries for real in HoM. (And now I see how you're going to be able to move weapons and armor to GW2, very cool indeed!)

New heroes acquired so far:

Ogden (Dwarven Monk)
    Vekk (Asuran Elementalist)
    Khamu (Vabbian Dervish)
    Xandra (Luxon Ritualist)
    Jora (Norn Warrior)
    Gwen (Ascalonan Mesmer)

Judging by the lag in the new towns and the lack of runes available for the new heroes already, I'd say that GW:EN is going to be a HUGE hit! (And I'd also suggest that before prices on runes get out of hand again, ANet floods the rune traders with millions of runes, or there will be shortages and inflation. That would suck with all the loot nerfs in place).