Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enumerations of Failures rant

LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Okay, I love 9Dragons unfortunately this korean port has so many failures that its potential is hardly reached. According to Acclaim who publishes the game they cannot do jack and must wait for Indy21 (the korean game developers) to send updates to them (sounds like passing the blame to me). The game so far has 0 updates or bug fixes for the past 3 months, and no word from Acclaim or Indy21 on when or if it will ever be implemented. The Korean version of the game has like over 3-4 patches in advanced (including 2 new maps and 1 new pvp zone) already (level cap is 200) and they can't even spare 1 single patch to us NA players? I don't think this game will survive for long as there's a steady exodus of customers and for the past month or so I have been playing I have seen numerous amount of players quitting the game or simply stopped loggin on (my hero band has 32 people on it, and 9-15 active players several weeks ago, now there are barely 2-3 players online at night -- right, so a number of them probably are probably playing 2 Moons which isn't my cup of tea). There seems to be a break in the communications chain as there's virtually silence in Acclaim's or Indy21's end.

Enumerations of faulty gameplay or game features:

1. Excessing censoring of words. It seems Acclaim has censored pretty much everything that has anything to do with 9Dragons including words like: Support, GM, and all the names of the various clans of the game, the censor system seems to censor words within a word like constitution (due to the word tit).

2. There's nothing else to do in game except grind level after level. There's the collection quest of course which is very limited and requires insanely expensive materials or insane amount of time investment in grinding.

3. Party quest scrolls are not working. There's over a dozen quest scrolls and nothing works.

3.  Lack of loot variety. Excessive weapon drops while lack of drops in everything else.

4. Lack of maps for high levels. Excessive XP requirements for leveling up.

5. Lack of high level skills.

6. Lack of outside activities aside from training.

7. Intrusive In-You-Face-Advertising that will causes undue death at the wrong moment.

8. Lack of quests to do once you get past FD levels.

9. Edges and holes in game geography and object geometry that can get you stuck and the only way to get unstuck is help from a GM.

Comments

• krisoooookrisooooo Member Posts: 124

Great said indeed.  The game is my favourite free MMO right now, but the lack of updates is really bad for it... The game gets SOOO repetitive and boring after level 60-70... I mean, you have to spend a day just to gain a level, and not to mention that you can't stop grinding, or you'll loose more time for lvling... Like liddokun said, 1 hour for 10% exp and than 10 hours for lvl. The worst thing is, later levels you get only 0,01% and you need 100,00% so that makes it.... simple mats- 10 000 mobs to kill just to level... If there were more quests that give like 5-10% of exp, why the heck not playing?! But, there is a serious lack of quests in the later levels too... The worst thing is, there is nothing you get for gaining the levels, i mean whats the point to get level 150, when you can be level 100 and do the same stuff? You can walk around The Land, do instances or PvP or just even Roleplay (9Dragons is great for RP-ing, because of its atmosphere and all the small villages/beautifull graphics and views) I know to become a Shao Lin monk for example, the monks train with years and years, but does that have to be like that in the game? I don't think so... Btw, if there is a new update, i think they should raise the exp minimum to at least 0.10%, 0.01% is really extreem... Anyway, otherwise its great game if we leave all that grind away from it, it features great combat system, great graphics and sound and pretty neat story ^^ I will keep hoping for update soon and when its out, i hope it will be worth the wait too... Anyway, try the game, it's not bad at all, its the best martial arts mmo out there for sure!

• rebirth1629rebirth1629 Member Posts: 113

isnt this a very common problem in all free mmorpg out there :P....you want good mmorpg with less grinding pay some $$ to get better games. Otherwise....just enjoy with what you  get right now =D. Peace out