Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Is The Best MMORPG You Have Ever Played?

BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

What is the best MMORPG that you have ever played.

By this i mean a MMORPG that you have played and stuck by from the start, Not ones that you have played thought was good at the time and chucked out.

But i like to hear what everyone thinks.

Please also name some of the other MMORPG's that you have played and thrown out and reasons why, Many people like to read why you think a MMORPG as been thrown out by a player.

My Top 3:

1. Runescape (Stuck with this since it began, but looking at other games now i dont no why)

2. World Of Warcraft (I played this for quite some time got 2 level 70's then stopped, but now seeing that there bringing the new expansion out shortly i may re-consider)

3. Goonzu Online: (This is a small but yet large MMORPG i have played this since it begun and still go on it now and again.

Comments

• fjornfjorn Member UncommonPosts: 57

AC is by far the best MMORPG game of all time.  For reasons why, go to the AC forum and read some posts.

• KRILE0NKRILE0N Member UncommonPosts: 299

CoX (City of Heroes & City of Villains).

Fun game that I don't have to dedicate my entire freaken life to enjoy/keep up. I can lower my level or up my level to continue advancement with friends regardless of our level range. I can go where I want and do what I want. Raids don't take 6+ hours to do. 2hrs tops. Missions are repeatative, but hell what MMO doesn't have repeatative quest/mob grind. Fun pvp too. Community is huge. Can get teams at all hours of the day. Good marketing system (ui could use a rework, but functionality works great).

• BargeBarge Member Posts: 65

EQ1, no game has came even close to getting that WHOA! feeling.

• VamptonVampton Member Posts: 46

Ultima Online.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

1- City of Villains, still playing it.

2- City of Heroes, until the nerfs strike me.

3- Everquest, until raiding strike me.

I have tried: WoW (1 day), DAoC (2 weeks), EQ2 (1 week), Horizons (2 weeks?), SoR (1 month), Auto Assault (A week?), DDO (2 days in beta?), FFXI (login, never was able to get further, was robbed blind by square enix), Vanguard (2 days in beta?)...but none of them where worthy of my subscribtion.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

Another fun game ive just downloaded and started playing is: 2Moons.

Good Graphics

Fantastic Gameplay

Alot of lag tho as it is only open beta.

Thanks for all the comments so far.

• LlamfiaLlamfia Member UncommonPosts: 12

Ultima Online

• skotfarkisskotfarkis Member Posts: 15

Other: DAoC

Also if people can add links with the games that there play and state wether there is a subscription fee or the game is free to play.

http://2moons.acclaim.com

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111

Classic EQ1 pre Planes of Power.

• M-ToeM-Toe Member Posts: 12

I played LotRO.  It was simply beautiful.

I loved being able to explore the world of LotR, as little as it was at the time i played. 

I'm a big quest fan, and i never found myself stuck powerleveling, but i only got to level 30.

I did play runescape for a long time.  I don't hate it, but i don't think i could go back.  It's like the intro to MMORPGs, imho.

• Billybob2006Billybob2006 Member Posts: 47

Earth and Beyond

• creative404creative404 Member Posts: 72

Im srry to be the hated one that says guild wars is the best mmorpg I ever played. Reason being is the tournament play in heroes ascent. I love how you can play pve one hour and then use what you have earned in pvp the next hour, or you can just go straight into pvp if you like. I know a lot of you say guild ways sucks, but your opinion does not matter...lol it was my first and my favorite.

Lotro was fun but it seemed like I leveled much fast than the other players and had to join a clan b/c it is hard to solo with a loremaster.

Runescape...what can I say. It destroyed my life when I was younger!

Na lol you wont be hated for playing GW but its a fast leveling game. I got lvl 20 in a 1 day and quit cos i was bored.

Thanks everyone else for the posts keep them coming.

• Thunder_HeadThunder_Head Member Posts: 304

Diablo 2 (LoD included). Might not be an MMORPG, but I played this for the longest time out of the 20 or so MMOs I've tried/played.

• syllvenwoodsyllvenwood Member Posts: 118
    um eq1 for sure. no game since has come close to the feeling of awe it had. and d2???? i knew someone would veer off topic....
  • EruloErulo Member Posts: 17

daoc i was my first and i had the best playing expierience in it, unfortunately it is not anymore fun for me because it changed to much.

• HumveeHumvee Member Posts: 19

Anyone that has played multiple MMO's for a good length of time should agree that Star Wars Galaxies was the best. Of course that was untill the major changes. Planet Side is unique and always fun to jump back to.  But the only game that still stands today (which doesn't meen much since its pretty new) is World of Warcraft, love to hate it, but its hard to have a strong arguement.

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,105

Ultima Online - My first real RPG games along with my first MMO/online game.  It was all new.  The battles were intense and I actually felt like the character.  I would get all shaky when entering battles and mining by my self.  This game was just beyond amazing.

Diablo 2 - Not an MMo, but my brother and I had hella fun on this game.   UO and D2 bring some good memories of that year.

World of Warcraft - The game just is awesome.  I remember my first time in the Night Elf land, I was just sitting there like "oh my god, this is beautiful."  The Undead land, along with the Tauren land.  The enviroment in WoW is awesome. 

By far though, nothing will replace my love for UO.  nothing.  That game will always have a place in my mind.

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• ramothinramothin Member UncommonPosts: 15

Lord of the Rings Online for the storyline and graphics

Future Investment:

Age of Conan

Startrek Online

Current Investment:

Lord of the Rings (Lifetime Member)

World of Warcraft (over 2 years)

EVE Online (1 year)

Retired:

City of Hero's

Ramothin
    "None of us are as strong as all of us!
    [url=http://www.signaturebar.com/][img]http://www.sign

Sweet comments about a variety of games.

Atm the best free to play game im playing has to be 2moons.

Huge download didnt take too long with DAP.

Fantastic gameplay.

• EstrusEstrus Member Posts: 357

RL FTW!!! 

• KatovaKatova Member UncommonPosts: 184

Star Wars Galaxies was the best game I ever played. Before they made all the changes where you could start out as a jedi.

Ive actually never played star wars galaxies but ive heard of it.