Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there anyway to download SWG and buy a C-D Key?

HannsHanns Member Posts: 3
I play EVE online, and ive played Lineage 2, both games u can download the client and buy a CD key, is this possible with SWG, or am i going ot have to go to the shop and buy it?

Comments

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

Hey Hanns I just saw this today on FilePlanet. All though people who dont pay for FilePlanet have to wait until June 4th, you can at least see if it is worth buying the game.

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/starwars_galaxies/

Think I am going to try it too and finally see what it is like.

Testing Now:

Alpha: Guild Wars

Beta: Saga of Ryzom + Risk Your Life

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• HannsHanns Member Posts: 3

Hmm i think ill do the same, ive heard SWG is quite good now, i heard alot of bad stuff about it in the beginning, but i think most of it has been fixed!

thanks for the linkimage

• RazageRazage Member Posts: 53

Some of it has been fixed, some hasn't. Depends what class you choose.

I *Might* try it out when the space expansion comes out, have a nice 50 mill nestegg saved up for when that time comes =)

• keylightkeylight Member Posts: 1

I recently left SWG last month. As for things being fixed within the game, I think it depends on what you are looking for in a MMORPG. If you are looking to become a Jedi in SWG, you MUST love to PvP; the system is being desiged so you can only get half way up the tree killing PvM, then you must play PvP to advance any further as a Jedi. If you are looking to play as a regular charactor, look forward to having to rally up a large group to go anywhere later in the game. Groups are designed to hold up to 20 players. If you are going hunting 10 will do, if you are looking to go into any of the high end caves, 20 is a must.

As for myself, I enjoy working together as a group, not against other people. I enjoy the smaller groups where everyone matters. Straight up.. it just wasnt the game for me. I apologize for ranting a bit about the game, but if someone is planning on getting into the game, I just wanted to give you an ex-players perspective on why I left. There really wasnt anything bad technically about the game, just decide if this is the style you will like. If so, may the force be with you.

• KanubisKanubis Member Posts: 112

It has got a lot better, however over the summer there will be a couple of very improtant publishes that will fix the two areas that cause most concern - the Galactic Civil War and the Combat Balance (at the moment, some professions are overpowered, others still a bit broken.)

Anyway, about the CD-key - I wish this had of been available for a while. In Europe, we received a load of copies of SWG that had duplicate CD-keys, so upon registering we were told that the key was already being used. Trying to get a new key was a nightmare.