Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CryENGINE 2 for Entropia

MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

CryENGINE 2 for Entropia [July 25, 2007, 9:32 pm ET] - Viewing Comments

MindArk announces they've licensed Crytek's CryENGINE 2 for an upgrade to Entropia Universe:(Gothenburg, Sweden/Frankfurt, Germany) – July 25, 2007 – Entropia Universe, the safest virtual world utilizing a real cash economy, has signed a license agreement to use the stunning high-tech game engine CryENGINE 2®, from German developer Crytek, creators of "Far Cry®" and upcoming "Crysis®." This will make Entropia Universe the closest-to-reality looking massively multiplayer online game ever seen. The transition to an Entropia Universe platform built around this new technology is expected to be finished by mid-2008, and will be available to all Entropia Universe partners. .....

LINKY

----------
"Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Comments

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Whoa, that's weird. I never bothered trying the game but I suppose it can be good.

• MaldachMaldach Member Posts: 399

Junk car with a new coat of paint is still a junk car.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Maldach

Hi! I'm Earl Shieb.  I can paint your car for $99.95.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • darkradudarkradu Member Posts: 57

They should work on gameplay first, then lag/stability issues, then graphics.

• MaldachMaldach Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by grunty

Originally posted by Maldach

Hi! I'm Earl Shieb.  I can paint your car for $99.95.

Hahaha  Unfortunately, that's going to be a few hundred thousand dollar paint job for Entropia. I doubt the license for the new engine will be cheap.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by darkradu

They should work on gameplay first, then lag/stability issues, then graphics.

I agree. They need to give at least some type of newbie guns/armor/ when you first start ( since it's supposedly a "free" game) and change that godawful mess they call a ui and controls. If they wanted to accurately call it a free to play game, then it should have been set up along the lines of AO, with the ability to play the game without absolutely having to pay for the expansions or any other content.This game should have never been listed as a free game on any site, as you cannot play it in any sort of successful way without plunking down a credit card. Who the hell wants to spend their first two or three weeks "Sweating" mobs, continually dying while doing so, just to afford some non-descript little pea shooter?

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441

first off, OOOOO BABY THAT GAME SHOULD LOOK SWEEEEET (should....)

second off, are you kidding i love sweating animals.....wait...... your talking about in a game??? oooo i thought you meant RL....shit...who the hell would make a game about that?!?

• KimmiKimmi Member UncommonPosts: 34

That Mindark is planing CryENGINE 2 in midt 2008, is all but good news.  Players like myself who has 4+years experience with Mindark knows that this will not happen before 2009.

If its something you learn while playing Entropia, when it comes to release dates and doing things at a set date, Mindark has a long way to go.  Longer then any game developer Ive ever delt with.

• OrcaOrca Member UncommonPosts: 629

This is exactly whats wrong with modern MMO's... They think they can win every gamers heart by making astonishing looking graphics and crap gameplay.

Clearly these people do not play their own games... That even goes fro Brad, former CEO of Vanguard, i doubt he even tried his own crap ass shit hole game.

This game is going to suck, and the thing with real money is going to suck aswell... It wont work... Simple as that, it wont work.

Futilez - Mature MMORPG Community

Correcting people since birth.

• JKJKJKJK Member Posts: 41

While I could care less for the game, it will be interesting to see what an MMO with the CryENGINE 2 will look like.

• entropiagodentropiagod Member Posts: 3

What is wrong with everybody. Entropia really is a great game. Are you guys sad because you ccan't immediately go around killing everything in sight? I don't think the game was ever meant to be like that. As for the visual upgrade, it will be a nice addition to an already great game.

• JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Member Posts: 96

whoah...crytek engine?....count me in.

I have played far cry so much, my CD only has one side...this game was GREAT.  I never could figure out why they didn't make a sequal to it, but i guess now i know.  This game engine could make Ogre Island look sweet.

Entropia has missed my radar until now...i am going to have to check this game out before and after the cry updates..

Johnny

• Krupin9Krupin9 Member Posts: 18

Even best of the best graphic engine won't help this game, because it is just boring.

If they would put there series of quests with skill ups rewards only, it would be much more interesting. Even Runescape with so crappy graphic is more fun than this.

And I was able to kill almost all mobs around starting area. But it is not fun, its very boring.

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    Originally posted by Orca

This is exactly whats wrong with modern MMO's... They think they can win every gamers heart by making astonishing looking graphics and crap gameplay.
    Clearly these people do not play their own games... That even goes fro Brad, former CEO of Vanguard, i doubt he even tried his own crap ass shit hole game.
    This game is going to suck, and the thing with real money is going to suck aswell... It wont work... Simple as that, it wont work.

Well actually the game is not like ya typical go bash the mobs kinda MMo and it has worked as a matter of fact some people have made some real good cash from this game and if i am not mistaken the maoney you make in game can be transfered to your own bank account (if you have enough that is) this game was splashed all across the national news here in Australia a couple of months ago and some people are living it up in real life from the money that have made from this game so i guess the game may suck for some but the "money thing" does work Simple as that.

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • andrzejjjjkkkllandrzejjjjkkkll Member Posts: 5

EU is best mmorpg in the world, when cryengine 2 will be on then it will be the best graphic game :)

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Hopefully a new UI will come with the new graphics. The current one is very confusing.

• MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162

Originally posted by davidt

EU is best mmorpg in the world, when cryengine 2 will be on then it will be the best graphic game :)

Althought i can say that with the new Engine, EU will be the Greatest looking game, But EU has become quite greedy in the past 2 years or so, and even more so lately this past year.

Not many people have the money to depo 50 -100$ a month, and if you really really want to play thats almost what it takes... the average 15$ a month people would pay to play other games would not last very long in EU. Gets kinda fustrating when you dont have much money coming in IRL and you want to play a game you like but cannot due to the fact most times you need more then 15$ a month to play.