Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I make money from jumping miners in 0.0?

vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

it has come down to this. I've tried it the honest way you know. do the agent missions and the mining and the rat hunting. I like it dont get me wrong. Ive read the miner tuts and got  two miner IIs runnning on a gallente navitas frigate. got an industrial hauler and a giant secure can. I guess i can make 500k ISK pretty fast but still- damn I wanna be a pirate!

Can I take my gallente frigate (Imicus) to 0.0 and jump some miners (bottom feed)? I once jumped an NPC miner in 0.6 and made like 60k ISK fast lol from the wreckage.

what are my chances of success?

also gonna look for a corp its been about a month now im ready to get my teeth sunk into some blood or die in the process. either will be more exciting atm i got enough spare ISK for a clone and a new ship lol

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

You just need to find a nice pirate corp Vaj....you'll fit right in and have fun immediately.

Take a corpmate of mine last night ..... he's been playing the game for a long time, and he made a fundamental mistake last evening. He was mission running or mining and someone came along and 'stole' something from his can or whatever....so he decided to take a shot at the guy.

Before you know it, his Raven is locked down by 4 ships and he's taken to hull pretty quickly.    They demand 100 million to not pod him.... (note, they still planned to kill/loot his ship regardless)..... he told them to shove off.....

So they did destroy his Raven, (worth near 300million Isk I'm sure) and podded him out of his +4 implants....

Talk about pain.... which I'm thinking you wouldn't mind inflicting Vaj.... and the loot is pretty nice too......

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Well i sometimes Ninja miine in deep 0.0 with corp friends and once a small patroll arrived it was the signall for it to end. Now we got away tanks to me engaging the patroll and giving my friends miners and ahulers time to run, now if they ddint get away there was over 200 millions worth of mining in the Haulers alone.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

thanks kyleron I guess its time to blast off from the newbie corps lol and seek out my career in 0.0. its a darn shame I still havent been lower then 0.6 guess it my own fault for not trying a corp.

Originally posted by METALDRAG0N

Well i sometimes Ninja miine in deep 0.0 with corp friends and once a small patroll arrived it was the signall for it to end. Now we got away tanks to me engaging the patroll and giving my friends miners and ahulers time to run, now if they ddint get away there was over 200 millions worth of mining in the Haulers alone.

metal if your corp is recruiting please hit me up lol I'm gonna PM you my ingame info. people have been so great in EVE I didnt even really ask but the newbie corp gave me like 1.5 mil ISK just to get off my feet. had no idea people were so nice in this game but now its time to see their bad side lol.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Looting miners on the field is not very productive as far as making isk goes... unless you have a hauler handy to grab those 200 mil worth of ores.. or 10 haulers.  That stuff is huge, in some cases you'd be hardpressed to fit 1 refine worth in a battle ship.  Might get some parts or whatnot off the salvaging/looting the dead miners, but yeah.

And of course there's a big likelyhood that they are part of an alliance that "owns" that area of space, and you might end up being blacklisted, and your corp war-dec'd, etc.. bad mojo that

If you want to start flying 0.0, better to join an established corp there (not one with vague plans to migrate there.. thats not easy to do) - you can join pirates but that will taint your reputation for life (lots of 0.0 corps refuse to hire ex-pirates.. bad mojo again)

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Yep people are nice in eve aprtly because of how ahrd it is to get into eve so only theose who tend to be more matre get into it.

Sadly my corp is not accepting new people right now but ive sent you an mail telling you where you can find some good corps that are after new blood.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• JackDonkeyJackDonkey Member Posts: 383
    shortly after interdicters came out i decided to test out their strengths. I found a hauler packed full of zydrine with 5 warp stabs. <3 delve miners

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    if I were to kill a titan tomorrow and no CCP employees showed up to say grats I would petition it.
    Waiting for: the next MMO that lets me make this macro
    if hp < 30 then CastSpell("heal") SpellTargetUnit("player") else CastSpell("smite") end

• 51505150 Member UncommonPosts: 222

Typically the 'profit' from killing miners (barges preferably) comes from the sale of their modules (i.e. strip miners and big cargo expanders) rather than making off with their ore. so you dont need to bring a hauler.

My corp can swaps miners ore in empire when our war targets arent around, its rare that we bother to come back for the ore (you either use it as bait for the next target or blow it away)

The problem you'll find with pirating in 0.0 is that 'most' 0.0 (the bits worth living/mining in) will be protected and patrolled by the claiming entity and therefore after you score your first kill its quite likely a gang will come and hunt you done.

The bits of 0.0 that don't have this problem are the NPC areas (such as Fountain) and the rubbish areas (such as Pure Blind) which either aren't worth claiming or can't be claimed (at least not from the sovereignty point of view). The upside of this is that there is less likely to be resident roving gangs protecting the space, the downside is that there is less likely to be any miners to kill (as there isnt anything worth mining - you might get the odd ninja miner whos likely to be very paranoid and difficult to catch) and an increase of independant gangs or soloists looking for kills

If you can fit a cloaking device or can fly recon cruisers hunting miners in someones claimed 0.0 is the way to go if you can make it back to empire to sell the loot :-)

thanks guys ive been reading up on this at eve-pirate.com and getitng inspired.

just joined an alliance though and they set me up with a vexor. but told me I need to stay in high sec til I get my MWD / tackling / scout skills trained up which will take another 7 days I guess, sigh. They kinda frown on pirating but I think they'll let me take a shot at it lol

it appears we own a POS but havent been there yet. it looks like their focus is on Alliance vs Alliance wars and im hoping they'll let me keep some spoils.

but all I know is I'm so happy I finally got a vexor and it looks like I can finally start makjing some real ISK soon. but appreantly I have to master my frigate in PVP before they'll let me bring a cruiser lol.

well at least it appears ill be making ISK an honorable way through real warfare for the time being. still planning to take a frigate to 0.0 just to see what I can do

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Originally posted by randomt

Looting miners on the field is not very productive as far as making isk goes... unless you have a hauler handy to grab those 200 mil worth of ores.. or 10 haulers.  That stuff is huge, in some cases you'd be hardpressed to fit 1 refine worth in a battle ship.  Might get some parts or whatnot off the salvaging/looting the dead miners, but yeah.
    And of course there's a big likelyhood that they are part of an alliance that "owns" that area of space, and you might end up being blacklisted, and your corp war-dec'd, etc.. bad mojo that
    If you want to start flying 0.0, better to join an established corp there (not one with vague plans to migrate there.. thats not easy to do) - you can join pirates but that will taint your reputation for life (lots of 0.0 corps refuse to hire ex-pirates.. bad mojo again)

I don't pirate but I do run raids into enemy territory to disrupt their ability to make money.

You don't make money by taking the miner's ore... you make money by blowing up his ship and collecting the ultra cool fittings on it.  A Hulk, for example, you can net 200-500 million isk EASY if his fittings don't go kerboom. 

Gisti shield booster, Gisti shield hardeners, Pith gear, T2 strip miners, T2 strip miner crystals... etc.  All of which sell for well over 10mil each (and the faction stuff goes for hundreds).

So yes, hunting miners in 0.0 can net you a tidy profit.  However you WILL get chased by alliance patrols... so I'd recommend learning to PVP before trying to go after miners in 0.0 :) 

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell