Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WAR Expansion Pack: Village Pillage (Suggestions)

This post has been moved to the following location:

www.war-rvr.net/index.php

Comments

• A55kickaA55kicka Member Posts: 47

This is never going to happen and it's dumb, they are going to make player housing instanced off in an extension off of a city most likely.

• PrebThorPrebThor Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Originally posted by A55kicka

This is never going to happen and it's dumb, they are going to make player housing instanced off in an extension off of a city most likely.

Thank you for the contribution. I will take that into consideration.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

This isn't dumb, its an interesting idea, and no one said it would be implemented, it's just a fellow gamers little fun ideas of what COULD be. Don't be so negative. Be constructive and have fun with the idea.

• BryanBoitonoBryanBoitono Member Posts: 199

It wouldnt be that theres a huge problem with implementing and codeing it, although that would take a tremendous effort, it would be getting everyone to participate while not damaging the mission statement of the game and put the balance of things off center. Perhaps with a few tweeks it would be plausible, however, at this time, such presumptions on an expansion are...

I cant think of a word that fits it properly, hope this works:

worthless?

I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad, The dreams in which I'm dieing are the best I've ever had.

• FensusFensus Member Posts: 211

I think that is a very intersting idea, gettin devs to think about if might be tough though hehe. You could even have individual player houses in the village, but a village can only be built by a guild or alliance, and provides protection to the player houses and resource buildings from raids. a way to equal  out the fairness would just to make it very difficult to take a village ( maybe even make villages upgradable to walled towns or keeps even).

• A55kickaA55kicka Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by elocke

This isn't dumb, its an interesting idea, and no one said it would be implemented, it's just a fellow gamers little fun ideas of what COULD be. Don't be so negative. Be constructive and have fun with the idea.

I could see it now people whining and crying over their house getting destroyed. Thats why this idea would suck. Everyone would just complain about money wasted on the house, hell I wouldnt even waste any money on a house if I knew the enemy could destroy it, thats what a lot of other people would do to I bet so this whole idea would just go to waste, I rather defend the capital city than a housing village.

• PrebThorPrebThor Member UncommonPosts: 452

I'm sure that WAR will be great either way. My suggestions are meant as a (fictional) substitute for the player housing concept that so many ask about. Yes, "my" expansion would be based on the same principles as the original WAR already has/will have, but with small villages created by players. I don't really see the point in having player houses, but building a village (with buildings producing resources, offensive/defensive guard towers/etc.) and protecting it does make sense to me. As with all expansions - and  I'm sure the majority of players agree with me on this one - they're not really needed, but they usually add some sort of new content - for better or worse. Maybe, after sacking the enemy's capital city for the "100th" time, fighting over resources that you, the player, have participated in making will be exciting. In the end, it's only a suggestion...

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

I think itis a reasonable idea to explore for expansion material. I would cry if they go the lazy ropute and simply release Skaven and Lizardmen races and call it an expansion pack.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Problem is WAR isant out yet so we dont even know where it will need expanding till we ahve played it for a month or so.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• BryanBoitonoBryanBoitono Member Posts: 199
    Originally posted by METALDRAG0N

Problem is WAR isant out yet so we dont even know where it will need expanding till we ahve played it for a month or so.

QFT, and it will probably be a year, or two, hopefully, untill it needs one.

I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad, The dreams in which I'm dieing are the best I've ever had.