Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Galaxies: Chapter 6.9

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

The release notes for the Chapter 6.8 patch of Star Wars Galaxies have been posted on the SWG official site.

On Tuesday, July 31st at 4:00 AM PDT all U.S. and European galaxies will be taken down for server maintenance and a live update.

When the update is complete, all galaxies will be live but unavailable while we complete final testing. All galaxies will be made available after that time.

Treasure Maps:

• Players must extract the treasure on the intended planet and planet location.
Lairs:
  • Bosses spawned by lairs should be the same level as the lair or higher.

Droids:

• Droid recharge ability should now consume batteries properly.

Cities and Maintenance:

• Structures (house/factory) that run out of maintenance will now pull 1 weeks worth of funds from the owner's account.
  • An issue with the city terminal not showing citizen list has been resolved.
  • City terminals properly shows residents listing with militia flags.

Read the full release notes here.

Comments

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Bosses spawned by lairs should be the same level as the lair or higher.

This is rich.

Lair bosses have only been broken for over two years, since the CU imposed the moronic level system on this game.

Yeah, the devs really are on the ball, they are.

Disgusting.  I"m glad I'm no longer helping to pay the salaries of this pack of lazy incompetents.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Originally posted by SioBabble
    This is rich.
    Lair bosses have only been broken for over two years, since the CU imposed the moronic level system on this game.
    Disgusting. I"m glad I'm no longer helping to pay the salaries of this pack of lazy incompetents.

It's a new dev team and they are doing a great job fixing what the original team would ignore. Because of this team, SWG grows brighter and brighter everyday. It's far from saved but damn are they mending it with bandages.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • NGESUCKSNGESUCKS Member Posts: 153

You cant heal aids with bandages. Those bugs have been there even in pre-cu and i find it funny every little thing they do needs an anouncement lol. A dev went to the water fountain to get a drink of water patch 7.0 a dev went to lunch at wendys patch 7.1 give me a break lol. As for saved you cant salvage a turd just flush the toilet and be done with it. LOTRO is the real deal if u want a real mmo

Originally posted by HashBrick

Originally posted by SioBabble

This is rich.

Disgusting. I"m glad I'm no longer helping to pay the salaries of this pack of lazy incompetents.

It's a new dev team and they are doing a great job fixing what the original team would ignore. Because of this team, SWG grows brighter and brighter everyday. It's far from saved but damn are they mending it with bandages.

*Games on our site will be treated just as we treat people. Unsubstantiated comments about specific or general games will be penalized in nearly the same way attacks against people will. The exception is that you can say mean things about games provided you back it up with reasons.
    Example: "Game X sucks." is not a legitimate comment. "Game X sucks, because..." is acceptable.

Thank you,

The Staff
    MMORPG.COM

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

This dev team has been the only one for SWG that cares about the game and they run on a skeleton crew. You should read the amount of bugs they have fixed. As professionsals they are doing a good job. I wish they would have been on the game years ago. 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

What is the purpose of this site if we cannot express our opinions about a game?  I think that the comment about unsubstantiated comments about a game is demeaning to everyone who posts on these boards.   I never flame others, everyone is entitled to our opinions and we should respect them no matter how they differ from ours.  Games in this genre should be open season, for every good one out there there are 5 bad ones and calling them bad is being nice.  It is attrocious the trash that is being thrown into this genre right now because of the money in it.  Negative opinions are important no matter how short.  If there are enough of them it is a very good indicator.

If you play SWG you would understand there are still tons of broken things in this game, some from pre NGE, some post.  True they are attempting to fix many of these but it is a long and arduous process and it is understandable if people comment on the lack of progress.

I do wish they would talk about combining servers, there are so many that have far too little players on them. 

• NGESUCKSNGESUCKS Member Posts: 153

You should read the amount of bugs they havent fixed theres the real story. 4 years into launch and its still not out of beta. See for every 1 bug they fix every patch creates 22 new ones. So maybe after enough bee stings SOE will stop kicking the beehive

Originally posted by Lateris

This dev team has been the only one for SWG that cares about the game and they run on a skeleton crew. You should read the amount of bugs they have fixed. As professionsals they are doing a good job. I wish they would have been on the game years ago. 

*Games on our site will be treated just as we treat people. Unsubstantiated comments about specific or general games will be penalized in nearly the same way attacks against people will. The exception is that you can say mean things about games provided you back it up with reasons.
    Example: "Game X sucks." is not a legitimate comment. "Game X sucks, because..." is acceptable.

Thank you,

The Staff
    MMORPG.COM

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

I remember someone saying that 3-4 years ago when I first started playing SWG, it was BS then and the chances of it being true now are somewhere between slim and none.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• JYCowboyJYCowboy Member UncommonPosts: 652

Originally posted by NGESUCKS

You should read the amount of bugs they havent fixed theres the real story. 4 years into launch and its still not out of beta. See for every 1 bug they fix every patch creates 22 new ones. So maybe after enough bee stings SOE will stop kicking the beehive

You would be correct a year ago.  Thats just not the case now.  The Dev team has a lot less trouble to go through now with a smaller team.  I talked to Blix at the Fan Faire and he explained that current team is much closer together being so much smaller.  From what I saw the Lucas Arts presance is not as overshadowing but they still have policy that they can not change.  Example: FPS still must be supported even if the lead designer doesn't use it in his game play.  In other words there are some WOW effects they just can't drop because the powers that be want 'em.

What is going on with SWG is bugged coded system are being replaced with functioning and fixable systems by the current team.  They do have some code that can't be replaced they attacked full on with community input.  They are doing it pretty much one at a time due to the size of the team.  The record of fixing one bug to make ten more is not happening (as often) with the replacments.  If Pre-NGE code was still active, they would still have to do this same process but on a much larger scale.

Server Merges:  After House Packup and Citizenship List bug fixes all the servers still have quite a bit of structures on them.  That said, Blix told me that there are some servers that have such low activity that something should be done with them.  The direction, however, they are going to continue is periodic  purges to clean ghost towns out and then decide to merge servers sometime in the future.  The real problem with merging is structure placements and where conflicting houses stand.  They seem to not want to offer merges like they did with the Japanese Servers.

The Old Jedi Village has advanced to a Township and is being opened for Heroic Encounters.  You will be able to shuttle there. All the old NPCs are there but thier status has changed.  They will be offering new Quests.  All old quests are done.  This will be avaible with Chapter 7 for all Classes.  No, the old Jedi quests are not coming back or being finished.  Also in Chapter 7, the Collection System will be added.  This will be a system simular to the badge system in COH and collections in EQ2.  You gain rewards for accomplishments in game.

The SWG developers have commited to fixing the game and providing a better experiance.  There is much work to do but they have done a great job in 6 month (under Blix) compared what was done in the past three years.  The trouble is there is no new box on the shelf at Wal-Mart, an incredibly sour word of mouth on the game and the game still has incomplete content.  Even with those troubles there are new players trying SWG.  The population is starting to go up as players are looking for different games from WOW and vets return because they miss the community of SWG.  Where will this go?  In six month or year, when the dev team feels they have met a certain level polish, LA will market a new box of the game probably to launch with the Clone Wars series.  If they meet good responce, an expansion will most likely be planned.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Well it is nice to know they are removing the bugs in the game.

When they allow customization of skillsets so every level 40 bounty does not have the same skillset as every other one, many of us might consider coming back.  But since that won't happen until hell freezes over, you can expect things to remain as they are, very very empty servers.  I do not consider this game an MMO, it is really a dressed up FPS.

There is always hope of course that someone at SOE and Lucas will wake up and smell the roses.

• chenbo830925chenbo830925 Member Posts: 9

what is SWG?