Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you for weapon sheaths

safwdsafwd Member Posts: 879

Thats all i wanted to say. I dont know why it has taken so long but finally someone as decided they were worth putting in.

Comments

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

There are a LOT of simple little things in AoC that people have been waiting seemingly forever for an MMOG to do, and sheaths are definitely one of them. :)

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

They were saying right from the start that there would be sheaths for weapons that could realistically be sheathed.  Since sheaths in and of themselves are extremely difficult to implement properly, its not surprising it was relatively late that we saw them.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

And it will have a impact how NPCs react to you or something

Some NPCs wont talk to you if you have a "unsheathed" sword.

• metalcoremetalcore Member Posts: 798

The more I hear about this game, the more I might try it.

Adult content as well and limb chopping, made me eyes light up, when I think of a rating that may prevent kids playing.

I am sick and tired of playing games when some little git runs past shouting "**** you" or repeatedly talking crap on the channels.

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
    Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
    Originally posted by daarco

Not really. That just means that having a weapon out and ready for immediate use has an impact. At the moment we are simply talking about a visually rendered sheath that one's weapon is placed in, as opposed to simply having weapons disappear, or hang off the body like a fridge magnet.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652
    Originally posted by Aelfinn

Not really. That just means that having a weapon out and ready for immediate use has an impact. At the moment we are simply talking about a visually rendered sheath that one's weapon is placed in, as opposed to simply having weapons disappear, or hang off the body like a fridge magnet.

LMAO,  "LIKE A FRIDGE MAGNET"  great analogy.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680
    Originally posted by FE|Tachyon

Originally posted by Aelfinn

LMAO,  "LIKE A FRIDGE MAGNET"  great analogy.

LoL yea and very descriptive too.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914

Dont think its only visual i seem to remember a dev saying about a gameplay vid that the character was moving funny that it was because he was in combat mode but it was buggy at the time.So i think it will have some impact on moving maybe you wont be able to run fast or bunny hop jump while having your weapon unseathed which is a good thing actually

• JPR1985JPR1985 Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by Remali

Dont think its only visual i seem to remember a dev saying about a gameplay vid that the character was moving funny that it was because he was in combat mode but it was buggy at the time.So i think it will have some impact on moving maybe you wont be able to run fast or bunny hop jump while having your weapon unseathed which is a good thing actually

The devs have stated that their will be no bunny hopping period.