Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ugh, 2moons sucks

Comments

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

I tried 2 Moons. Well, I will not talk about how good or bad the game is. But I dont understand how can I play a game if I only see 2 or 3 meters away from my toon. I mean, come on! this engine looks like and old and crappy engine, players should be able of see more than that. At least 100 or 200 meters. Sorry but I cant play that way.

• mokamoka Member Posts: 8

i was looking forward this game once they announce it

but after they release the open beta and i could try it

can i say ... disappointing ???

and i'll go back to my lovely GW

can i ask something ????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why we haven't seen a really decent mmorpg for a while ???

i still saying the only mmos is GW and WOW and may be in some ways ever quest and lotr .. the others are desperately trying to catch them and they wont

• galzpanicgalzpanic Member Posts: 1
    2Moons, hmm when i play 9Dragons many player talk about it, when i try this game, hmm
    this game is not great, not good but not bad too. score 6/10
  • silverlobosilverlobo Member Posts: 76

Pretty much a horrible game.

Dunno what the deal is with all these ftp clones are, but I can tell you this; these companies are completely wasting their time trying to market this stuff in the states.

I guess the 50 other ftp Korean MMO's that American's refuse to play wasnt a strong enough message.

• This is not just another typical asian MMORPG. It is a lot different then those games. It has a lot more substance to it than that. I get the feeling that most of you have played it for a very short time or have not played it at all.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Nunez1212

This is not just another typical asian MMORPG. It is a lot different then those games.
    How's it different, then?
    It has a lot more substance to it than that.
    Really? Give us an example.
    I get the feeling that most of you have played it for a very short time or have not played it at all.
    So, the only way someone could find fault with 2Moons is if they never played it?

• Originally posted by RedwoodSap

Originally posted by poopypants

2moons sucks...but it's FREE.

It's not free, check the game list. It's listed as micropayments because it has an item shop.

WTF are you talking about? It's FREE...I've been playing this game free of charge, and nobody's forcing me to buy shit in the item shop.

Originally posted by RedwoodSap

It's not free, check the game list. It's listed as micropayments because it has an item shop.

WTF are you talking about? It's FREE...I've been playing this game free of charge, and nobody's forcing me to buy shit in the item shop.

What he's talking about is pretty clear. If the item shop sells armor, weapons, potions, xp scrolls, etc. then it provides an advantage over gamers who don't pay for shop items. Therefore, it is a micropayment system, meaning you pay whatever it takes to buy the best stuff, instead of paying for a straight subscription. Therefore, not free. Unless, of course, you play a PvP game to suck because you don't pay for the better armor, weapons, or the xp scrolls to level faster.

If the item shop does not sell any of these types of items, and only sell items which are visual enhancements only, with no gameplay effect (i.e. social clothing with no stats, special mounts that have no bonuses over other mounts ingame, crystals to make your sword glow but add no stats, etc.), then the item shop is optional, and the game is free.

So, the question is, what does the shop sell? Then we will know if it's free or not.

• Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by RedwoodSap

What he's talking about is pretty clear. If the item shop sells armor, weapons, potions, xp scrolls, etc. then it provides an advantage over gamers who don't pay for shop items. Therefore, it is a micropayment system, meaning you pay whatever it takes to buy the best stuff, instead of paying for a straight subscription. Therefore, not free. Unless, of course, you play a PvP game to suck because you don't pay for the better armor, weapons, or the xp scrolls to level faster.

If the item shop does not sell any of these types of items, and only sell items which are visual enhancements only, with no gameplay effect (i.e. social clothing with no stats, special mounts that have no bonuses over other mounts ingame, crystals to make your sword glow but add no stats, etc.), then the item shop is optional, and the game is free.

So, the question is, what does the shop sell? Then we will know if it's free or not.

Lemme break it down for ya...

Step #1. mob drops item, I pick it up.

Step #2. I sell item to someone in town for less then it can be purchased for in a shop.

Step #3. save-up money, get to know prices and what's in demand.

Step #4. buy (low) from people who haven't done their homework.

Step #5. sell (high) to people who really covet the stuff you have.

Step #6. repeat steps #4 and 5 until your rich!

I can use in-game money (in this case Dil) to buy cash-shop items from people. 

I've never spent a dime on Flyff or Rapples yet my characters have millions and all the best items; 2 moons will be no different.

• If you don't understand how 2moons is different, than this game isn't for you...it's very hard to sit here and explain how the game has substance because its more of  a feeling in the game. The game gives you this immersive feel to it..such as the sounds in town....the monsters outside and such. I cannot simply explain the substance to you, and if you do not understand that then you do not understand 2moons. The game is more fun and relaxing than others, yes you grind a bit...but its not that hard and it's pretty fun. The reason I said I don't think most of you even played the game is because I've seen lots of people just look at some screenshots and than say, it sucks and than move on. Like I said in many of my other posts, it depends on what your looking for. For me, 2moons is just the MMORPG that i'm looking for. I love the game, but I just don't think people should bash the game. If the game is not for you, than realize that and move on.

• RarexRarex Member Posts: 36

Who ever thinks 2moons is fun and all that.. you are totally wrong.. the game is a grind with BAD graphics.. if you thin the graphics are good.. rofl.. i reached lvl 16 azure and i know whats ahead.. nothing but pure grind.. i was expecting the game to be MUCH MUCH better than it is.. but the advertising was way overrated..

I rather play LastChaos.. yea i know its all grind but at least it has the best graphics a f2p game can have :)

STOP WASTING TIME PLAYING 2MOONS, FIND A BETTER GAME!

Yea.. you want to be the highes tlevel.. since the game is only 3 days old.. but go find another game -.-

• Well, i'm quite surprised that you compared 2moons to Last Chaos, because when I played that game...it wasn't fun at all. Oh, and I thought the graphics in Last Chaos to be just about the same as in 2moons, I just think 2moons looks nicer. Maybe you have the graphic settings on Low or something. I know the graphics aren't fantastic, but there definitly not that bad. Maybe the game is just not for you, but it's definitly not a bad game, and i'm sorry if all you did was grind. Though that's your fault, you should have went fishing or did some quests. Or maybe just tried to get a group together and fight a boss.

• RarexRarex Member Posts: 36

I went fishing and it kept calling me a pussy -.-

I havent done  quests but i bet they are like "Find ???? and deliver this message" and boring stuff.

Lol.. You think 2moons have the same graphics as LC's? LOL.. Now thats just stupid

-.-

• Well nooo, actually it's not. Maybe I just like the style of graphics in 2moons better than Last Chaos. I think these are a little smoother looking, but Last Chaos is a little more rougher and pixelely looking. Oh, and how do you know the quests are like that? You haven't even tried them, so don't just say it's probably like that...when you have no idea.

• CymdaiCymdai Member UncommonPosts: 1,043

i was disappointed a few months ago when I played this, and I'm still disappointed by it now.

Cussing and violence don't make an MMO. This isn't some crumby PS2 port; you can't get away with a weak game in this genre and expect people not to notice.

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

• loki_d20loki_d20 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Zarraa

Originally posted by spizz

Originally posted by turnipz

Im sorry but why has there been any hype for this game, its less fun than silkroad.  People were all talking how fast paced it was and how much action it had, its actually putting me to sleep playing it.  You just click the enemy and your guy does his action sequence for 30 seconds until something dies.

Anyways remind me never to look forward to a game.

Iam sorry, but why do believe every hype...same was about vanguard, dark & light and many other games, now draw your conclusions and learn.

Don't stop there...EQII, WOW, SWG, CoX, L2, EVE, Ryzom, D&DO,LOTRO etc fell prey to the hype machine too. Granted the majority of these are fine titles but not one has lived up to the hype.

Guarded optimism is you're best bet..

Sounds to me like every MMO out there hasn't live up to the hype based on what you're saying.  And, who the f*#& hyped Saga of Ryzom?  Heck, the thing was so unhyped that the Ryzom Vault was never completed and that was with 'encouragement' from the developers.

• CognetoJoeCognetoJoe Member Posts: 446

Originally posted by Cymdai

i was disappointed a few months ago when I played this, and I'm still disappointed by it now.
    Cussing and violence don't make an MMO. This isn't some crumby PS2 port; you can't get away with a weak game in this genre and expect people not to notice.

This game is pretty awesome, with out the cussing and Violence , you would still have great character animations and special effects, great costume design , great take on a different direction on world development, instead of the traditional "Asian " Theme they went with a more "Aztec" theme. Very nice Dungeons and caves and the creature designs are those of a pay 2 play title.

Being a staff writer I would of thought you could appreciate those elements that 2moons is bringing to the f2p market, with other comapnies like Silkroads following the trend to make the games more accessable to the NA/EU markets. I'm sad to see your take on this game as a negative one , when I clearly see it as a positive step for the future of f2p titles ....

Will you view swing with AoC , which will be the same violence and Curing, or because that is a p2p title it is ok to do that ? You have opened the door now , and your words will come back to huant you.

• ZANGFEIZANGFEI Member Posts: 439

No matter what, it is just another MMO added to the already 200+. either you like it or you do not. I do not so for me it's exit stage left.

Originally posted by CognetoJoe

Originally posted by Cymdai

This game is pretty awesome, with out the cussing and Violence , you would still have great character animations and special effects, great costume design , great take on a different direction on world development, instead of the traditional "Asian " Theme they went with a more "Aztec" theme. Very nice Dungeons and caves and the creature designs are those of a pay 2 play title.

Being a staff writer I would of thought you could appreciate those elements that 2moons is bringing to the f2p market, with other comapnies like Silkroads following the trend to make the games more accessable to the NA/EU markets. I'm sad to see your take on this game as a negative one , when I clearly see it as a positive step for the future of f2p titles ....

Will you view swing with AoC , which will be the same violence and Curing, or because that is a p2p title it is ok to do that ? You have opened the door now , and your words will come back to huant you.

I don't think Cymdai has to worry very much about that. AoC will have real gore and violence (not MS paint red spots), also they will earn their mature rating (unlike the joke 2Moons mature rating has shown itself to be). On top of that, Funcom makes their own games, they don't copy another company's product and add cusswords to it, then call it new. Not to mention new combat mechanics plus other things they are adding in. You know, innovation, something Dave Perry has shown he doesn't possess the talent for with 2Moons ( or "Dekaron: Stillbirth", as I affectionately call it).

• kingdave2006kingdave2006 Member Posts: 30

The voices and cursing are laughable. I finally had a chance to sit down and play this game, the game itself is nothing special but the voices and dialog are just horrible. It would be a much better game if they either redid the voices or lost them completely.

• AbIeLAbIeL Member UncommonPosts: 152

i agree with then, 2 moon is horrible game and i got to level 30. all you do is grind and grind and grind and some more grind

• tinywulftinywulf Member Posts: 106

It's def a grindfest mania.

But what I do is play it one level at a time, if i try and play grind for hours then yah it sucks.

So the higher you get just slate 1 hour tops and come back the next day, and it isn't so bad.

• I hear that once you get to the higher levels it gets a lot more fun, lots more quests, lots more areas, pvp is more fun and more grouping 

• turnipzturnipz Member Posts: 531

Dude your just blindly trying to convince everyone that this is a good game, if this game fails it will be good for the mmo world as they will finally see people wont play any old garbage you toss at them.

• KbobKbob Member Posts: 81

2moons gets fun at lvl 27, but it will NEVER be fun if ur not in a party, trust me.