Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will you give it another shot, if server merged?

2»

Comments

• JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357

Originally posted by Tnice

Originally posted by WikingDK
    But hey - do stay away we dont need more whiners...
    If you are a VG fan you should beg whiners or anyone who is breathing to play the game.  I don't think you want to turn anyone away at this point if you want the servers to stay up and running.

You VG guys should be begging people and offering free drugs to play.

I believe in quality over quantity in this instance. I would rather see Vanguards servers shut down and quit playing MMORPGs than to play with a bunch of people who like bashing a game and its community on these forums.

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
    Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

I never had that much of a problem with VG technically because I have a beefy computer and an 8800 video card. But Vanguard's class based, quest centric, forced grouping thing just wasn't my cup of tea. So no, I won't be going back.

But if you leave aside VG's steep hardware requirements, I really can't understand why so many people apparently have such a vehement hate for this game. Vanguard really is a better version (albeit slightly better) of its design progenitors; namely WoW and EQ1. So why all the fuss? I believe it's probably just a lynch mob mentality gripping a bunch of cranky forum hounds, with nothing better to do than bitch and whine all day.

That said, low populations could really hurt Vanguard. If you can't find a group in this MMORPG essentially 90% of the game is going to be closed off to you.

• VereAthorVereAthor Member Posts: 10

I will give it another shot when the servers have been merged. Never had that much technical issues as others. And graphically it's a totally different league than WoW, so don't expect it to run on machines that may run WoW smoothly (no slight on WoW intended). Any machine that can run EQ2 on high quality setting should do fine with VGSOH.

I only quit playing because of the web of half-lies, intended misinformation and bad management that surrounded that Brad type. And the missing content from mid 20s up. The content problem seems to be fixed by what I have heard (raid content not included). I have the hopes that with the new dev team VGSOH will improve to the release version at last and then expanded on the possibilities the huge game world offers.

To all who always shout "Look at WAR, look at AoC": Both games look great, but as long as I can't test them myself, they just look great and are both hyped. I am looking forward to test them myself.

• BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503

No, not with AOC and WAR around the corner. If they merged servers and offered a free trial, I'd check it out again maybe. Then again, they probably won't do free trials for vanguard because of the size of that game. Talk about extreme bandwidth consumption.

• HapacheHapache Member Posts: 74

No way will i go back to VG. I was in it from beta 3 and i tell ya, its not the same game anymore. Really sad, I had high hopes for this game.

• HapacheHapache Member Posts: 74

Oh and one more thing, the free trial things are part of the problem. I dont know if you all have logged on lately but I get tells from gold farmers every 10-15 mins of play. Talk about annoying.

• morpinmorpin Member Posts: 360

Yes

• TniceTnice Member Posts: 563

Originally posted by JK-Kanosi

If you are a VG fan you should beg whiners or anyone who is breathing to play the game.  I don't think you want to turn anyone away at this point if you want the servers to stay up and running.

I believe in quality over quantity in this instance. I would rather see Vanguards servers shut down and quit playing MMORPGs than to play with a bunch of people who like bashing a game and its community on these forums.

Let me understand.  Is bashing the game pointing out the flaws in the game?  In that case the Vanguard Developers bash the game all the time.  Is bashing the game, pointing out it is not polished, has performance problems and lack of content?  If so, the Vanguard Developers bash the game.

Is bashing the game pointing out that there is no lore and major systems need to be reworked?  If so, the Vanguard Developers bash the game.  Is pointing out that Vanguard is merging from 13 live servers to 4 bashing the game.  If so, the Vanguard Developers are bashing the game.

I could go on and on but you get the point.  Vanguard has major issues and pointing them out is not bashing the game.  It is speaking the truth.  There is a reason why 200k people bought the game and roughly 10k remain.

• JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357

Originally posted by JK-Kanosi

Let me understand.  Is bashing the game pointing out the flaws in the game?  In that case the Vanguard Developers bash the game all the time.  Is bashing the game, pointing out it is not polished, has performance problems and lack of content?  If so, the Vanguard Developers bash the game.

Is bashing the game pointing out that there is no lore and major systems need to be reworked?  If so, the Vanguard Developers bash the game.  Is pointing out that Vanguard is merging from 13 live servers to 4 bashing the game.  If so, the Vanguard Developers are bashing the game.

I could go on and on but you get the point.  Vanguard has major issues and pointing them out is not bashing the game.  It is speaking the truth.  There is a reason why 200k people bought the game and roughly 10k remain.

No that is not what I mean by bashing a game, but good try. Try thinking about this on an adult level, because your post above kind of makes me think you are trying to incite a flame war.

Lack of content? Sure, if you are a content oriented person. Performance problems? Yes, this game has performance problems. But none are really hindering my gameplay and I am using an Intel Duo Core 3.0Ghz, w/ 1 gig of RAM and a 7300LE 512mb vid card.

No lore? Untrue statement, and i would like for you to prove that SOE said that. What SOE did say was that it lacks a central tied together theme and that is what they are going to do. Tie together each races lore. You also uncover many stories in game by Diplomacy and Crafting. Last I checked, there was also a backstory for the game. Major systems? Such as what? Things they are changing, such as EE and BOE/BOP items do not need changing. The quest journal is getting a change, but I don't think that needs a change either. However, I am going to welcome the change, because the change provides more functionality than the previous quest journal. The LFG tools are getting upgraded with extra features, not an overhaul.

Low population? Yes, however, I don't notice a low population since I joined a big guild at the start of the game. I also keep /thestra chat on, so I always have people to chat with. You feel the population loss more when you are looking for groups in a level range that doesn't have a lot of active players. I will welcome the merge with open arms. I've always thought "The more the merrier," for online games, unless "the more" includes a bad community.

The difference between Vanguard bashers and Vanguard players is that Vanguard players can give their negative opinions with their positive opinions of the game, whereas the Vanguard bashers only point out the negative things. They also fail to acknowledge other games with similar problems, or the fact that Vanguard offers something that other games don't offer all in one game. That stuff matters, and I am glad after 6 months of not buying the game due to your opinion of it, that I finally bought it and tried it out for myself. Because the Vanguard bashers weren't telling the whole story. I am a fan of constructive critism, but what most of you all are doing is just starting flame wars and hijacking the players threads with "vanguard sux, " and etc.

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
    Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.