Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holo Grinding... waste of time?

VocooVocoo Member Posts: 31

Hey all,

I am on my third holo (master dancer) and my friend is saying that if I dont get to my silent holo before the update on the jedi system, I will not get any advantage over someone who has done no holocrons. I find that a tad unfair. But is it true.

Also how many holo's do I normally need to do before reaching my silent?

thanks all :D

Comments

• zide56zide56 Member Posts: 356

As far as I know, it takes 4 holocrons to achieve your silent (unless you completed a holocron profession before without the holocron--then it would be less).

The devs said that they would supply compensation for those who had grinded (ground?) out professions for the holocrons, in the new Jedi system.  I don't trust them, I think it will be bugged, and people will get mad, but hey.  It's the thought that counts, right?

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I personally would not holo grind right now.  There making changes to the jedi system where grinding professions would not be required to open a FS.  Also, instead of having to make a new Jedi character, y our existing character will now become the Jedi.

But I would not recommend to grind out professions (unless you can pull it off in 4 weeks)

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• VocooVocoo Member Posts: 31

Serious?!

Existing character becoming jedi would be a much more realistic touch :)

I think if I dont get my silent next then I will deffinatly drop it... I am keeping swordsman and entertaining myself with dathomir :D

Must say killing nightsisters is far more satisfying than macro grinding dancer :P

cheers all :D

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

My understanding was that you would be 'compensated' for however far along the grind you were, by being able to skip ahead in the quest system.

However, as I am certain the quest will be harder, and longer, time wise, than hologrinding,I would say if you are serious about being a Jedi, you should grind out whatever classes you can in the month and a half you have left. I pounded out about 20 of the 32 profs before I just got burnt out, and said screw it. If I want to be a Jedi, I can fire up JKA, or KotOR, for free, and I don't have to deal with the bugs, and asshats, that plague MMOs.

--------
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo

• VocooVocoo Member Posts: 31

A fair point I am sure the missions will be horribly hard.

But only time will tell. :)

The missions will be hard but I believe there are levels of steps to take.  People who have been grinding will have many of these "steps" completed automatically.

I believe the level of quests will start easy then progress in difficulty.  Ultimately, the final missions will probbaly be comparable to the level of difficulty as seen in Deathwatch Bunker

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Probably.

Though, it's SOE, and they feel a need to limit the number of Jedi, I have a peculiar feeling it will involve some rare/random spawns or drops, ala the epic quests of EQ. Unless they've abandoned the idea that they can somehow limit the number of jedi on any given server.

--------

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

Originally posted by Vocoo

Existing character becoming jedi would be a much more realistic touch :)

I have to disagree.  The idea behind the second slot was that the character was essentially "born" force sensitive.  Now it's...hey...you were force sensitive all the time dummy go get a lightsaber!

I prefer the new quest system over grinding profs but the main character becoming FS is crazy.

Edit: Spelling

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by Coldmeat

Probably.
    Though, it's SOE, and they feel a need to limit the number of Jedi, I have a peculiar feeling it will involve some rare/random spawns or drops, ala the epic quests of EQ. Unless they've abandoned the idea that they can somehow limit the number of jedi on any given server.

--------

To me they abandoned the hopes of limiting the number of jedis back in january.By this time already on chilastra i knew 5 people that opened the slot.If i knew 5 then there were probably at least another 50.By now we talking at least 100 plus per server!

I agree with someone that posted back in december on the offical forum.Give everyone a FS  slot!Yeah why not .

Look at it this way the game already has way too many FS chars as it is.Those grinding if they can't open the slot will quit in annoyance.Those that don't care(are many of this types left?most i knew that cared less for it have all gone) will continue to not care ,they might try the jedi out but would most likely drop them  due to lack of intrest in a hard grind.

• amesriamesri Member Posts: 2
    holo grinding is a waste at this point. wait for the changes in pub 10.image

• cerebrixcerebrix Member UncommonPosts: 566

Originally posted by Vocoo
    A fair point I am sure the missions will be horribly hard.
    But only time will tell. :)

I'm told the quest based system will be at LEAST twice as long, if not three times as long as it takes to grind all 32 professions. can't reveal my source tho ::::39::

Games i'm playing right now...

"In short, I thought NGE was a very bad idea" - Raph Koster talking about NGE on his blog at raphkoster.com

Originally posted by cerebrix

I'm told the quest based system will be at LEAST twice as long, if not three times as long as it takes to grind all 32 professions. can't reveal my source tho ::::39::

You're right.

The quest system will be VERY VERY long.  Let's just say you wont find a whole lotta Jedi anymore (except the ones that were Jedi before the publish)

Also, I heard some of these quests will make the DeathWatch Bunker Dungeon look like a Kreetle mound in terms of comparing difficulty

• cerebrixcerebrix Member UncommonPosts: 566

i dont think DWB is that hard at all actually. whats most challenging about it is dealing with the lack of raid style dungeon experience the playerbase has atm. but that will come with time i guess.

tip on DWB, DONT stay in rooms that are spawn points and youll be amazed how far a full team of 30 can get.

Games i'm playing right now...

"In short, I thought NGE was a very bad idea" - Raph Koster talking about NGE on his blog at raphkoster.com

Originally posted by cerebrix

I'll believe that when I see it on Test Center.  I personally feel that the quest is time based not in that there's so much questing to do that it will take a while, just that the one part of the quest can only be done once per day or what have you.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• TeeiTeei Member Posts: 175
    Eventhough the Jedi quest base will take longer than the holo grind, It's still much better. It's so anoying when everyone is just so busy with their "AFK" dancing, camping, etc. I hate that! That's what ruin the game. With the quest base, people will actually play the game more often now instead of "AFK" grind. Reapeat, I hate those who AFK grind.

Nope, everyone will switch to TKM/CM, TKM/Doc, or Rifleman/CM and just solo their way through most of it.
    Sure, they won't be afk, but the end effect will be the same.

--------

Thunderheart posted that he believes it will take someone about 2-3 months.  Sooo...it will most likely take people 1 or less.

Realisticly, it will take the first person 6 - 8 months to complete it, as the quest will be broken in multiple spots, and some of the quest npc's won't actually be in the game when they put it on the live servers.

Once it's all fixed, and someone completes it, and a walkthrough is put up on all the spoiler site, well, that's when the real fun begins.

--------