Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

few points id like to see ni AoC

hi all,

ive been checking mmorpg.com since forever but i just registered, sound funny but h well, i couldnt hold it anymore without replying to posts and posting my self.

now why im making this form is because i want to see if im asking alot for now adays or not.

- KSing, as most of you know is to take other peoples hunt and get the xp from it instead of him gaining the xp, i find it very REAL and i dont mind it... why because imagine your self in the game and yuo kinda hate this guy would you just want to get back at him by doing anything, and imgine you wana kill his mob you just cant coz its eaither flagged or thre is a barrier surrounding this mob, it just doesnt make sense to me. (many of you people might not likr KSing) so am i but that doesnt mean they shuoldnt allow it, its just as normal as anything else, it makes the game more fun, and distracts you from the main goal of the game which is lv lvl lvl raid raid raid, i mean you need some time getting back at someone and thats your goal for tomorrow lets say. (ok enough said about KSing)

- instancnig, im against instancing as it kills the community, i remember my self playing EQ1 and remembering all the people i played with .. maybe not all but most of them .. coz we had to group up and kill this mob .. group up again to get our selves this named killed and all of us get his loot one by one.. i also played WoW .. i dont tremember much of the people i played with .. why coz of the instanced zones.. i mean i wana raid this place .. my friend is there hunting in the same zone but a different inctance now i have tio llook for my self another group .. and this takes me to the next point.

- raiding, with instanced zones raiding is hard coz you will need a guild to organize the event, and if you dont have a good guild, yuo just want to get into any guild to get some decent loots from this instanced zone which you dont know if they are going to success or not .. back in EQ1 we (with no guilds) used to go to a certain web site and sign for an event of one of the better guilds player thats going to manage and we used to get some decent loot , i for example had a full vallerium armor for my paladin, and i was never in a good guild ,, but you see good communtiy.

i have more points but i cant list them now .. as its going to be a very long post, anyways im sure alot of you agree and disagree with me, i just wanted to share with yuo all what i dislike in a nowadays MMOs and hope that they are not in AoC.

so what do you think guys? am i asking alot for nowadays MMOs? and do you agree with me or not?

thanks ahead,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Comments

• Hydro101Hydro101 Member Posts: 49

as for KS'ing, you can either chose the Rpvp servers which is basicly all zones open pvp zones cept for a few safe cities. so you can grief all you want, but not corpse camp since players spawn at a location rather then retrieving a fallen corpse.

as for instancing, well, theres tons of em, raiding instance's to pvp instance's, capture the flag and arena and supposedly a few others. But the thing is, theres 2 seperate type of gear, pve gear and pvp gear. PvE gear will be weak in pvp as it was confirmed by a dev that they do not want raiding to supply equal to most powerful gear. pvp gear will be obtained through crafting. For some reason ppl assume you can get gear through Blood Money which is completely false, The developers stated they do not want pvp to turn into a gear grind.

as for raiding, if you enjoy raiding and pve hard content have at it, but its not where you'll wanna go to get pvp gear. at the absolute best, if your lucky, raiding instance's may drop a few materials that can be used in crafting some items that will supply pvp bonus's, but not often and still not as strong as the pvp gear.

• ArcticblueArcticblue Member Posts: 270

Actually I would love to see more pvp in AoC... there is nothing as fun as to roam around hunting people down :-) I used to play EVE-Online and even that I where not a big PvP dude there I still liked the danger it was when you where in low-sec doing your stuff and someone tried to jump you :-)

Same in WoW, in contested areas... I find myself roaming around looking for players to hunt down :-P I know I know... alot of people probably hate that so what Funcom should do is to create 2 type of servers.. one pvp and one npc servers.

• EsedesEsedes Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Hydro101

as for KS'ing, you can either chose the Rpvp servers which is basicly all zones open pvp zones cept for a few safe cities. so you can grief all you want, but not corpse camp since players spawn at a location rather then retrieving a fallen corpse.

see now, i dont like to corpse camp + i dont like to hunt people down for nothing, but i would like to have the option to corpse camp,  just to feel like this game is totaly feels like your in a world where there are no rules !! and everyone for him self!!

you either kill a person by your self .. or call your friend coz this guy is corpse camping me.

i just would like to have the options .. and then im to decide.

i dont like it when i know i cant do that althogh im playing an MMO which is made to be in the agers where people used to kill others for nothing !! i wana feel my self living that age.

i hope you get me 

Final Fantasy 7

• oblivionateoblivionate Member Posts: 224
    Originally posted by Arcticblue

Actually I would love to see more pvp in AoC... there is nothing as fun as to roam around hunting people down :-) I used to play EVE-Online and even that I where not a big PvP dude there I still liked the danger it was when you where in low-sec doing your stuff and someone tried to jump you :-)
    Same in WoW, in contested areas... I find myself roaming around looking for players to hunt down :-P I know I know... alot of people probably hate that so what Funcom should do is to create 2 type of servers.. one pvp and one npc servers.

There will be FFA servers, where there will be PVP as early as you step off the noob isles. Then theres always the sieges, and yada.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently Waiting For: Nothing, found my addiction for awhile

Currently Playing: Warhammer Online - Oblivion, Warrior Priest, Averheim; Team Fortress 2

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

Originally posted by Esedes

see now, i dont like to corpse camp + i dont like to hunt people down for nothing, but i would like to have the option to corpse camp,  just to feel like this game is totaly feels like your in a world where there are no rules !! and everyone for him self!!

you either kill a person by your self .. or call your friend coz this guy is corpse camping me.

i dont like it when i know i cant do that althogh im playing an MMO which is made to be in the agers where people used to kill others for nothing !! i wana feel my self living that age.

i hope you get me 

ye leaving it up to the player is almost always the better choice  /sarcasm

• ArcticblueArcticblue Member Posts: 270
    Originally posted by oblivionate

Originally posted by Arcticblue

There will be FFA servers, where there will be PVP as early as you step off the noob isles. Then theres always the sieges, and yada.

Seriously ? that will be great... then I know what servers I will be playing on :-P

• EsedesEsedes Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by ormstunga

i hope you get me 

yeah i wana feel free to do anything i want .. i dont have to be cruel or anything .. having the options is always better :P

Final Fantasy 7

• FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652

as for instancing, well, theres tons of em, raiding instance's to pvp instance's, capture the flag and arena and supposedly a few others. But the thing is, theres 2 seperate type of gear, pve gear and pvp gear. PvE gear will be weak in pvp as it was confirmed by a dev that they do not want raiding to supply equal to most powerful gear. pvp gear will be obtained through crafting. For some reason ppl assume you can get gear through Blood Money which is completely false, The developers stated they do not want pvp to turn into a gear grind.
    as for raiding, if you enjoy raiding and pve hard content have at it, but its not where you'll wanna go to get pvp gear. at the absolute best, if your lucky, raiding instance's may drop a few materials that can be used in crafting some items that will supply pvp bonus's, but not often and still not as strong as the pvp gear.

RP and FFA PVP aren't the same type servers.

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

Originally posted by ormstunga

i hope you get me 

yeah i wana feel free to do anything i want .. i dont have to be cruel or anything .. having the options is always better :P

I see what you mean, but for every guy who feels like "hey I wanna have the option to camp/grief/whatever just incase I wanna use it once or twice" there are 10 guys who will grief every single time