Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHY IS THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT DOWNLOAD SOOO SLOWWW!!!!?!?!?!??!?

forzaitaliaforzaitalia Member Posts: 137

I shut off my firewall and it keeps telling me that my fire wall is blocking it... I open the ports and still it goes slow. does anyone else ahve this problem.. i know that its 3 gbs but it keeps saying that my fire wall is up and that it will be done in 48 hours.  It goes up 2% in 4 hours!!!!  someone HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• RockyboubaRockybouba Member Posts: 20

Just relax dude, just go outside take a breath and play with your friends outside while its download and you should be fine

Edit : sorry thought you were a kid...but you 27 lolol forgot playing outside with friends

• UrazielUraziel Member Posts: 172

Stop playing before you begin, for you will never sleep without dreaming about WoW anymore once you start.

• RaitsesmanRaitsesman Member UncommonPosts: 215

Maby your internet just sucks

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

They do it just to make sure you have the patience to play the game.....

Looks like you fail.....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• forzaitaliaforzaitalia Member Posts: 137
    Originally posted by Raitsesman

nooo i got broadband, and a new router

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Congratulations this is the right forum. now to your problem Could you tell us what firewall you use i have an idea what your peoblem is but i need to know this first.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

The windows firewall of course, the one that doesn't work you know, it's there to make you think Windows is safe, but..it's not actually there doing anything at all..except for throwing random warnings :)

• ProdudeProdude Member Posts: 353

Originally posted by forzaitalia

Originally posted by Raitsesman

You are looking for help....

What ISP DO you have and does it have ANY built in safety features "to protect your internet experience"?

"New"Router. That would be my first point if investigation. Remove it from the picture and try the download again. If it's still slow, then it's either your ISPs settings/Add-ons OR your PC configuration...

BTW if you are downloading WoW for the first time ever, then yeah it's going to take some time, couple hours anyway. As stated above, start the DL then just go do something else. Like start it just before you go to sleep at night and it will be done when you wake up!

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Maybe your Ritalin prescription ran out?

Originally posted by Uraziel

The windows firewall of course, the one that doesn't work you know, it's there to make you think Windows is safe, but..it's not actually there doing anything at all..except for throwing random warnings :)

This was kind of my suspition which is why ive switched mine off and BROUGHT one that actually works.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

Originally posted by METALDRAG0N

This was kind of my suspition which is why ive switched mine off and BROUGHT one that actually works.

You did notice I'm not the OP and kidding right ?:P (although what I said is true :P)

Originally posted by METALDRAG0N

You did notice I'm not the OP and kidding right ?:P (although what I said is true :P)

Yes i had noticed that this topic is full of trolls yes.

-- Jean Rostand

Oh come on. WoW downloads through a BT system. It's highly flawed when nobody at that time is uploading or downloading the file. It doesn't use a custom manager, but it's own manager, which kills peoples connections, so as soon as people finish it, they stop uploading.  Less downloadspeed for others.

That's all there is to it.

Besides, the OP is probably drunk now.

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

I believe you can download most of the World of Warcraft files from fileplanet.  I know games generally download faster there.

I had to setup port forwarding for my router when I played WoW. 

Oh come on. WoW downloads through a BT system. It's highly flawed when nobody at that time is uploading or downloading the file. It doesn't use a custom manager, but it's own manager, which kills peoples connections, so as soon as people finish it, they stop uploading.  Less downloadspeed for others.

That's all there is to it.

Besides, the OP is probably drunk now.

Yea tru i suppose unfortunatly all service providers tho operate through BT hardware and software so thats unavoidable but i cana ssure the OP if he is reading this that switching off Windows terrably flawed Firewall will cut the download time by a big chunk.

-- Jean Rostand

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Its a myth that there are peers to connect to on the p2p Blizzard patcher.  Download the latest patch from File Planet.

• MyMainBannedMyMainBanned Member Posts: 112

go portforward.com/routers.htm

configure your router and you will be fine.

• moostownmoostown Member CommonPosts: 377

Stop playing before you begin, for you will never sleep without dreaming about WoW anymore once you start.

what you on aboout? I played WOW in 2004 and then some this year and aint dreamt about it once.

• sl4y3r6363sl4y3r6363 Member Posts: 81

I have the exact same problem but what keeps me happy is when i get into playing them game it works perfectly for me.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by forzaitalia
    Originally posted by Raitsesman Maby your internet just sucks

you probably have to open the ports on your router.

• TandilTandil Member Posts: 11

Go to www.portforward.com and look up your router and then WoW, it will give you step by step instructions on how to get a faster patch speed.

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094

Originally posted by Tandil

Go to www.portforward.com and look up your router and then WoW, it will give you step by step instructions on how to get a faster patch speed.
    download patches here www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors

For the love of god dont use blizzards downloader.. its slow slow slow.

I totally agree, they are the slowest things you will ever see, but after patch days sometimes you have no choice.  Some of the mirror sites take almost a full week to get the patches loaded. 

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094
    Originally posted by Tandil

I totally agree, they are the slowest things you will ever see, but after patch days sometimes you have no choice.  Some of the mirror sites take almost a full week to get the patches loaded. 

Once ya fully patched though, you'll be fine you can set WoW to download future patch data while playing so come patch day it only needs to grab a few more MB and your good to go, but getting wow going from a new install is a pain in the ass.

Yep, even with my 30mb downloa it can be awhile with a fresh install, mirrors are great for that.