Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Q

lord0chaoslord0chaos Member Posts: 22

If you lose your ship in EVE, do you lose it forever?

Comments

• PjotrPjotr Member Posts: 7

Yes you do.

But if you ensure your ship you get some money back (how much is based on the level of insurance)

Thats why people say that you should only fly things you can afford to loose.

• lord0chaoslord0chaos Member Posts: 22

I don't know should I start this game, I usually put out 4-5 hours  a day, but I'm unsure on how this game is balanced between low skill/high skill.

• TunangoTunango Member Posts: 79

If you don't have insurence you get back 40% of the ships value

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680
    Originally posted by lord0chaos

I don't know should I start this game, I usually put out 4-5 hours  a day, but I'm unsure on how this game is balanced between low skill/high skill.

This game is very good forthose with limited gaming time. Also the ballance between low and high skill is such that 1v1 a say for example 1 million skillpoint player will lose against a single 20 million skillpoint player in his tech 2 cruiser. But 4 1 million skill point players against the same player and ship can win if they know what to do.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

Thanks a lot guys!

Sorry, but is there any guilds/clans I may join, I'm getting the game today and I would be really appreciative if someone can run me though some stuff?

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

..I'm getting the game today...

lord0chaos,

Just incase you are straight out buying the game, I wanted to point out that there is a 2 week free trial available. Especially if you are uncertain if you you will like it or not, try it out. There a plenty of people that choose not to continue playing - its a very different game.

Cheers and welcome to EVE!

//insert sig here
  • PjotrPjotr Member Posts: 7

When you start the game you should look into the requitment channel. A lot of corps are looking for new people. You also might want to look into the EVE university. I have never been in that corp but people say it's great for new players.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Sorry, but is there any guilds/clans I may join, I'm getting the game today and I would be really appreciative if someone can run me though some stuff?

Advice I give to every new player:

As soon as you start the game start doing the tutorial.

Before starting the game go download EveMon it is an absolutely MUST HAVE application for helping you to develop your character.

As soon as you are done with the tutorial go to the channels option (the tutorial will teach you about it) and join the EVE University channel.  Ask about joining their corporation.  EVE University is one of the BEST player run corporations for new players to EVE.  They will help you get started in EVE and give their members excellent classes on how to play the game, how to fit ships, etc.  You will find it an invaluable learning experience.  

Good luck and Welcome to EVE!

I have to agree with Nu11us:  Download and play the free trial before purchasing.  14 days will give you a decent idea if the pace of the game and style of play will suit you or not.  Especially if you take the advice about EVE University.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• AbyeAbye Member Posts: 53

Actually just asking around without having played the Tutorial before will get you lots of hate

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Originally posted by Abye

Actually just asking around without having played the Tutorial before will get you lots of hate

I dunno about hate... but if you ask questions that are blatantly explained in the tutorial you'll get ignored for sure.  And lots of replies telling you to "Do the $**%@! Tutorial" :)

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• nurglesnurgles Member Posts: 840

Taram's advice is spot on.

one thing to consider is that even after a couple of years playing, there is always something else you can learn. so don't expect to be able to do everything imediately. its a steep learning curve but really rewarding as well.

oh, and do the tutorial.

4-5 hrs a day, i wish <sigh>