Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Square-enix mmorpg

SinxeSinxe Member Posts: 13

Did square-enix announce a new game or that they are working on something new? Will they do an upgrade to FFXI like EQ did with VG (worst thing ever) and like Daoc is doing with WAR? I just want to know if I should just play FFXI or just wait for a new mmorpg from them?

Thanks

Comments

• Reaper_EmberReaper_Ember Member Posts: 90

No new MMORPGs are announced yet, that I know of. Might as well stick with what works  and maybe upgrade when they announce it.

RIP: Masamunex - 75PLD/37WAR Ramuh

We will rise again from the ashes. To take over Vana'Diel.

• KiyokiyoKiyokiyo Member Posts: 6

I heard there was a new MMO Square game in development, but the release or anything about it is unknown at the moment.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

They do have another one out, but only in Asia... It's called Fantasy Earth.

Here's the site for it and you can find some vids on Youtube...

http://www.fezero.jp/

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• HensenLirosHensenLiros Member Posts: 461

Aye, MSIMike is right, it has been announced and beta is up already. But as he said, it's still Asia-only. But if you can manage to register somehow, you can play it without any major problems (they don't have any ip-blocks). It's worth playing, specially if you're a fan of Square-enix.

Ultima Online 98~04
    Dark Age of Camelot 03~07
    Final Fantasy XI 04~06
    Guild Wars 05~08
    World of Warcraft 04~05
    Unsuccessful Tries: DFO/EQ2/DRaja/Rag/Req/RYL/9D/Cabal/KO/PSU/RF/GE/TO/TR/DDO/EVE/LoTRO/L2/RZ/SWG/VG

• NeptusNeptus Member UncommonPosts: 988

All I know is the next biggest Asian mmo is Romance of the three kingdoms online.

Neptus - FFXI - Pandemonium
    Neptus - WoW - Detheroc

• LoopsLoops Member Posts: 100

yeah they have it out already for asians... its kinda like ffxi tho...

• xgh0s7xgh0s7 Member Posts: 3

I believe they've announced a different mmo in the works that isnt the one linked here. They said they were working on a new mmo for 360,ps3, and pc. No details though.

• SpadaDelMareSpadaDelMare Member Posts: 4

They've been fairly secretive about the whole thing. If they do announce it this year it'll be after everyone in FFXI has bought the new expansion and the players are getting close to wearing out the endgame and changing to new MMOs because of just how long the game has been running. My best guess is that it could be FFXIV (if they choose to put it in the series like FFXI) because they're testing out the new systems with FFXIII and will have a better feel to try to do it on an MMO scale and they already announced another Final Fantasy-ish Strategy/RPG game for the console to be released after FFXIII.

• wrongfeifongwrongfeifong Member CommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by Neptus

All I know is the next biggest Asian mmo is Romance of the three kingdoms online.
    You are too far behind,

already 4-5 MMO titles of that that game. Excluding dynasty warrior BB which will be in America next year (but who would play that :P)

Fantasy earth is NOT worth it, its basically a grinding game that make you grind to 50 then pvp. Its basically very boring (i played it up to 30:P on japanese server)

Beside FFXI's graphic still pretty decent, its comparable GOOD compare to newer MMORPG on the market, (and this game is 5 years old)

none