Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some Organized info on AoC

(information is subject to change)

Races-

Aquilonian- The highly cultured people that draw similarities from the

Romans, they are ruled over by Conan. The prosperous people who a free to worship whoever they want have many enemies, but have an extreme hatred for the Picts. They can be either a soldier (Conqueror, Guardian, and Dark Templar), a rogue (Barbarian, Assassin, and Ranger), or priest (Priest of
Mitra and Druid of the Storm), but not a mage.

Cimmerian- A Barbarian like people that live in the wilderness, and acknowledge Crom as their god. Toughened by nature, they are rough and talented with a blade. They may be either a soldier (Conqueror, Guardian, and Dark Templar), rogue (Barbarian and Ranger) or priest (Bear Shaman and Priest of Mitra), but not a mage.

Stygian- An Egyptian like theocratic people that worship the serpent-god Set. They praise knowledge and stay away from full on melee combat. They may be either a mage (Necromancer, Lich, Herald of Xoti, and Demonologist), a rogue (Assassin or Barbarian), or priest(Druid of the Storm and Scion of Set), but not a soldier.

Classes –

Soldier-

Guardian-

1HE, 1HB, Pole Arm, Shield

Specialized combo lists for one-hand

and polearm lines

Directional damage mods

Conqueror-

1HE, 1HB, 2HE, 2HB, Shield

Specialized combo lists for dual

wielding and two-handed

Can dual-wield any combination of 1HE/1HB

group buffs

Dark Templar-

1HE, 1HB, Shield

Life Drain

Unholy Damage

Rogue-

Barbarian-

1HE, 1HB, 2HE, 2HB

Has specialized combo lists for dual

wielding and two-Handed

Can dual-wield any combination of

1HE/1HB

Damage debuff

Snare

Blind

Berserking

Damage-over-time

Armor Debuffs

Assasin-

Dual-wielding daggers

Option of using either bonus poison

damage or bonus

unholy damage

Draining soul essences to use with

special attacks

Damage-over-time

Damaging disorienting

Slowing poisons

Restorative Elixirs

Ranger-

Volley Attacks

Sniper Attacks

Damage-over-time

Piercing attacks

Knockdown attacks

Bow and Crossbow

1HE and 1HB

Shield

Mounted range combat

Ranged Combos

Priest-

Druid of the Storm-

Healer

Electrical damage

Summons storms and hurricanes

Damage-over-time

1HE, 1HB, Pole Arm

Priest of Mitra-

Healer

Repulse Area of Effect ability

1HB, 1HE

Scion of Set-

Healer

Poison Spells

Dagger, 1HE, 1HB

Bear Shaman-

Healer

Group Resistances

Defensive Buffs

2HB, 2HE

Mage-

Demonologist-

Fire and Electrical Damage

Demon Pet

Short duration buff to increase

casting ability

Lich-

Summon weapons

Undead Form

2HB, 2HE

Necromancer-

Cold and Unholy damage

Undead Pets

Lifetap

Herald of Xoti-

Summon weapons

Demon Form

2HE, 2HB

Prestige Classes-

Lord-

Has exclusive placement rights in regard to the main keep

Can build Guard Towers that automatically defend against enemy attacks

Each Lord in a guild increases the resource extraction of gold nuggets for all guild members - up to a max of 30 Lords.

Each Lord in a guild increases the experience point bonus for all guild members - up to a max of 20 Lords.

Has access to the Architect and Alchemy crafting skills

Master-

Can have one "follower". Being in a guild gives you access to more

powerful followers.

Can build stables which upgrade the quality of mounts

Each Master in a guild will increase the resource extraction of stone for all guild members - up to a max of 30 Masters

Has access to the Armorsmith crafting skill

Commander-

Adds one additional maximum member to a team, up to a total of 10 (with 4 Commanders)

Can build Barracks for the Village or Keep that will spawn soldiers to protect the village on attack

Each Commander in a guild increases the resource extraction of iron ore for all guild members - up to a max of 30 Commanders

Can draw up special "Tactical Plans" to enable Commander only formations. Massive battle formations, such as large mounted formations or the special Raid Attack resistant formations, are available only to the Commander

Has access to the Weaponsmith crafting skill

Crafter-

Can build crafting premises, smithies, and other tradeskill facilities in the guild villages

Each Crafter in a guild increases the resource extraction of wood for all guild members - up to a max of 30 Crafters

Has access to all forms of crafting (weaponsmithing, alchemy, armorsmithing, gemcutting and architecture)

Battle Systems-

Melee Combat- Melee combat consist of the use of five buttons that can be combined in different ways for different attacks and combos. Different combos will have different effects and fatality moves. Swinging a weapon is not limited to damaging only one opponent, but all that come those that come in contact with the weapon (it is assumed that group members will not be affected by this)

Ranged Combat- Range combat can be achieved through either true first person view or an over the shoulder third person view. Players must actually aim at the target in a first person shooter fashion and shoot with either a bow or crossbow or use a three dimensional cone system in third person view. Different effects can be added to the arrows for different results (i.e. slowing player movement and poisons).

Casting- Caster will be able to aim with their spells instead of targeting, and have the ability to spellweave with different spells( using multiple spells with own or group members). However, if a caster is not careful they can suffer from soul corruption, which is a type of backfire from the spell.

PvE-

Starting the Game- The first 20 levels are not in the full fledge MMO universe, but is limited to single play and small group play. At level 5 the

archetype class will be chosen and the actual class will be chosen at level 20.

Environment- An environment with a wide range of terrain and detail. Mountains are no longer background but actually explorable. The terrain is split up into large zones to prevent lag and some instances are used.

NPC’s- Features such as scouts who will report back to camp if they sight you and bring back some friends. Some raiding will be involved to take down certain NPCs. Friendly NPCs also vary from high class citizens to scantily dressed slave girls.

PvP-

Drunken Brawls- Players of any level can fight in a bar where gear doesn’t matter. Different alcohols in different amounts can cause different effects.

Siege Combat- Guilds can lay siege to other player made battlekeeps, player made cities and computer made cities in the borderlands. Large siege weapons and players cooperate to conquer their enemies.

Player Made Cities- Guilds can use their prestige classes to build different parts to for a cities that can enhance productivity of the city, enhance its defense, and increase resource flow for battlekeeps.

Lore-

Gods-

Derketo- Goddess of
fertility and lust and her symbol is a fish.

Mitra- A kind, but monotheistic god that is the most commonly worshipped in Hyboria.

Crom- God of the Cimmerians who is easily angered if prayed to, he does not tolerate weakness.

Set- A cruel and jealous god that demands worship and sacrifice. Snakes are holy to him and to harm one is punishable by death.

Story- “Age of Conan is a MMO based on the Conan fantasy license originally created by the famed author Robert E. Howard. Set in 10.000 BC in the world of Hyboria.”(taken from ageofconan.com)

Bestiary- Just a sampling of the creature within Age of Conan can be seen and read on at Conan Bestiary (located at www.ageofconan.com , age verification may be required)

System Requirements

Xbox 360 ( AoC version released in 2008)

PC-(unconfirmed requirements, but should be very similiar, these are the requirements for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)

Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows XP 64-bit

512MB System RAM

2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

128MB Direct3D compatible video card

and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;

8x DVD-ROM drive

4.6 GB free hard disk space

DirectX 9.0c (included)

DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

Keyboard, Mouse

Information Gathered From-

www.ageofconan.com

http://bymitra.com/

http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Any info on how many characters we can create?

• RanlawlRanlawl Member Posts: 126

not yet, the number that comes up among people in the forum the most is 8, but its unsure if it is per server or per account

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

im not actualy sure, i originally posted this in the AoC forums,  and just copied and pasted it (went ahead and gathered all the info while i was banned from this forum)

k, fixed the color, i think............

• ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979

you know an easier way for people to find out info about a game is to go on the main WEBSITE of the game.

but not everyone does taht, so i posted this here, and ive seen your posts before in other threads, your a troller sir, you love to cause arguments  from what ive seen

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

This should be stickied.  It's even better than the FAQ on the AoC site.  Kudos for compiling this information into one spot.  Awesome work. :)

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

thnks, there another one similiar in the AoC forums too by a guy name gair22 i believe

• jordiincraasjordiincraas Member UncommonPosts: 59

One quick question, is the PvP just guild vs guild or is it player vs player. I know stupid question, but I just want to know if I start a Stygian and a friend a Cimmerian, does that mean we cant group?  Anywho thanks for organizing all this into one place.

Thanks!

its both, it isnt like WoW or EQ2 where you cant talk or group with ppl of a different group, this isnt faction based, so the different races can group together, there wil also be FFA pvp where you can attack any players within range (only on designated servers) and guild pvp takes places in an area called the borderlands where guilds build Battlekeeps and siege/are siege and fioght with other guilds or NPC groups

bump myself? no

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613

nice accumulation of info.  Great work OP 

Originally posted by Tibbz

nice accumulation of info.  Great work OP 

thank you

• ZakavarZakavar Member Posts: 48

Wow, and here I thought I had done my homework.  I learned quite a few things, and cemented a few others.  :)  Thanks, and I hope you get a sticky!

meh, i dont care about sticky, as long as ppl can use my info to educate themselves about AoC, ill be happy

• razerblade29razerblade29 Member UncommonPosts: 230

Great post I knew most of that stuff already but its good to get alot of info out there even if it is repetitive so more ppl will se it and then less unaccurate info gets passed around

P.S I love how u politly called that one guy out as a troll it was funny just reading it

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190

Nice chunk of info there... Only thing I would add to your post is a disclaimer that all information is subject to change... Not that it affects you in any way but just reminds people nothing is set until the game comes out... might save a few flames.

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Well done OP, thank you very much.

RIP Orc Choppa

np and thank you, and any tips or further information to add will always help

• area84area84 Member Posts: 335
    Originally posted by ASmith84

you know an easier way for people to find out info about a game is to go on the main WEBSITE of the game.

Guess what, first off it seems like you dont want to be here, and second off this is the AoC forums and this is where we post stuff regarding AoC even though we are well aware that AoC has a main website, but thank you for informing us with the obvious. It is clear that from your history of posts you suck at trolling, but I think we already knew that

Thank you for all the info OP, your work is appriciated, and I agree this thread should be stickied its a nice summary of the game.

A man dies daily, only to be reborn in the morning, bigger, better and wiser.

-Playing AoC
    -Playing WoW
    -Retired- SWG
    -Retired- EVE
    -Retired- LotR

Computer (- Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.81 Ghz (Quad Core CPU)- Gigabyte MA790FX-DS5 - 4 Gigs of PC 8500 ram (1066)- EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS PCI Express 2.0 - WD 500GB 7500RPM - Zalman CPU cooler (air cooled)
    - 24" Widescreen 1080P HD display).

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Hey ranlawl its banok. I recomend wikiaoc.com tbh.

My blog: image

fine by me, im just wanting some info on here too for ppl :)

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Originally posted by Ranlawl

its both, it isnt like WoW or EQ2 where you cant talk or group with ppl of a different group, this isnt faction based, so the different races can group together, there wil also be FFA pvp where you can attack any players within range (only on designated servers) and guild pvp takes places in an area called the borderlands where guilds build Battlekeeps and siege/are siege and fioght with other guilds or NPC groups

Just to add: Borderlands will be FFA zone.