Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wings of the Goddess

The fourth expansion for FFXI is on the horizon, offering new content, new areas, new quests, and new unconfirmed jobs.

This expansion will allow for players to travel through time, back to the Great War and re-live the events that molded Vana'Diel to what it is today. On the PlayOnline site, there's videos from E3, screenshots, and artwork of the new Beastmen hordes.

Now, down to the REAL reason I'm posting this bit of babble...

What are YOU looking forward to from the new expansion?

Oh, I don't work for SE, just I've been playing the game since beta and I <3 it...o.o;

RIP: Masamunex - 75PLD/37WAR Ramuh

We will rise again from the ashes. To take over Vana'Diel.

Comments

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

I've always been about the story. That's what makes this game so great and separates it from other MMO's.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• Reaper_EmberReaper_Ember Member Posts: 90

I agree. Most MMOs have absolutely no story at all.. You make your character, grind aimlessly, get gear, and just kill things...

Theres nothing to tie the killing and the quests together! But FFXI made that different, finally...

Thats why I like it more than anything else...

• PengysanPengysan Member Posts: 22

Time Travel.

I wanna be able to go back into the past and mess myself up.

"Hey, little kid, you want some candy?"

Haha... Dont we all wish that...

I meant...You can travel to the time of the war >.>; But yeah, I get your point man lol

• snipergsniperg Member Posts: 863

They also mentioned that all this stuff is for high level only. Big deal if you ask me, they add a few token jobs that players asked and try to fix things that needed fixing for a loooong time. And of course all that has to be paid for.

Oh well maybe I am grumpy but I see nothing exciting about an expansion that caters to 75's only and just adds a few jobs to justify it's existence and sucker someone with a mid level job using it.

A friend is not him who provides support during your failures.A friend is the one that cheers you during your successes.

There will be low and mid level missions in the new expansion, alot like CoP.

And there will be new low and mid level equipment.

But the bug fixes, new areas, and new jobs are enough for me to buy it, to be honest.

And they have to keep adding new end-game content to keep veteran players happy.

• LhunLhun Member Posts: 19

I'm super excited that they're updating the game for Direct X 9. Ffxi is going to look BEAUTIFUL, and it's preformance is going to go WAY WAY WAY UP.

All in all wings is going to be a great expansion.

FFXI - EVE-Online
    Waiting for: Aion...

Yep. That will take care of the lag from the Xbox 360 version and such.

Also, it will allow for sharper images and more fluid combat... Plus it will fix some compatibility issues with some newer graphics cards. I have an 8800GTX and it sometimes acts up.

Well if they add missions and general content for all level ranges I am happy.

I am just saying that in their recent interview they said that it would cater mainly to the high levels, that's why it was kinda of a turn off.

A friend is not him who provides support during your failures.A friend is the one that cheers you during your successes.

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

They said that they were aiming towards making it for high level jobs. So, it might or might not be. We'll just have to wait and see.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Reaper_Ember

I agree. Most MMOs have absolutely no story at all.. You make your character, grind aimlessly, get gear, and just kill things...
    Theres nothing to tie the killing and the quests together! But FFXI made that different, finally...

Not to mention how many quests/missions there are where you're actually better off *avoiding* confrontations. FFXI is the only MMO I've played with as few "kill quests" as it has.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

Originally posted by WSIMike

Not to mention how many quests/missions there are where you're actually better off *avoiding* confrontations. FFXI is the only MMO I've played with as few "kill quests" as it has.

Yeah because for some strange thing all quests and missions are in areas that everything that sees you kills you

I think it's because the developers friends level alchemy and they want to sell their things easy

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by sniperg

Yeah because for some strange thing all quests and missions are in areas that everything that sees you kills you

I think it's because the developers friends level alchemy and they want to sell their things easy

Awww.. let's not be cynical now :-p

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

Originally posted by sniperg

Awww.. let's not be cynical now :-p

Well, you have to have a challenge to getting what you need. If it was all a walk in the park, thered be no fun in it. Just like if you could just buy Ares or Koenig gear, thered be absolutely no reason for the gods or Salvage to be in place.