Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steer clear of a sinking ship.

Celt0rCelt0r Member Posts: 67

I have been following eve for 3 years since I played planetarion.

I signed up for beta - got accepted to beta 2.

Upon retail, I bought the game for €50, convinced 4 friends from neocron to each buy an account(at full price of $50)rabbi fang,rabbi vamp, doob, psyker.

2 weeks later convinced my brother to buy a copy. Another €50.

A month later he buys a second account. Another €40.

Fast forward 12 months, and buying two more copies and we come to 3 weeks ago, when I contact support about reclaiming 3 accounts.

First lovely [GM]Panzer lies to me and tells me I have forfeited my rights to the account, that the current player wouldnt be banned and could keep them.

I pressed the issue, and got the accounts, which were promptly banned for 7 years.

I ask for proof of the reason for banning(selling in game goods on ebay), which they will not provide.

After threatening legal action, the banning reason is changed to "Reason: EULA violations for illegal transferal of accounts and givning log-in information to non-registered users."

I contacted support because I HADNT transferred the accounts, so that reason is null(and no, they wont prove it either).

The other reason is simply that I shared the login with my BROTHER, who has bought 3 full price copies of eve in 1 year.

The real reason I was banned was because I dared try get support to help me against a "special" user.

What I didn't know was that this special user had bought GM's, support staff, and even in-game helpers.

I have e-mails and chatlogs proving that support was biased, leaking confidential e-mails and information, do CCP care? No, they closed ranks and ignore it.

The game is a timesink, it has barely any roleplay(PRM and CVA descends into smack talk).

They introduce new items and skills, purely to keep you paying for the time it takes to learn for them, and acquire them.

Every deadline is missed, almost every piece of content has still yet to appear, they leave bugs unfixed for months until the next patch.

Now they introduced so-called "account services" which take €40 to change your avatar, or transfer a character to a new accounts.

That's €40 for one.

Of course, the community is outraged at this blatant money grab, so a few hours later it's posted that it was a "mistake" and the prices have been lowered.

Would the "mistake" have been "fixed" if their wasnt any outrage?
Not likely.

World of Warcraft.

Matrix Online.

Jump to Lightspeed.

Face of Mankind.

Neocron - Beyond: Dome of York.

All these are looking ace, and what are CCP doing?
Scaring away people who have been loyal supporters for 3 years.

Good job CCP, you wont be prospering much longer.

Comments

• madnessmageemadnessmagee Member Posts: 69
    Its not going to go down anytime soon. More and more people are joining, and the game has improved alot since release. Plus those games can't really be compared to eve, it has its own special corner image

Guin/Mid

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722

I think it is funny that you played the game for 12 months and even your brother has 3 accounts and the subscription total for eve continues to rise and there are more and more players playing during peak times and yet you seem to claim it is a sinking ship. Your logic amuses me. Lets just state the truth, you got shafted, for whatever reason, by ccp and you are mad at the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
    Rich Cook.

• natasnatas Member Posts: 135
    Originally p

osted by squeee

I think it is funny that you played the game for 12 months and even your brother has 3 accounts and the subscription total for eve continues to rise and there are more and more players playing during peak times and yet you seem to claim it is a sinking ship. Your logic amuses me. Lets just state the truth, you got shafted, for whatever reason, by ccp and you are mad at the game.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
    Rich Cook.

Heres a better senario for you.

I left eve to try lineage 2 well when i saw lineage 2 suc-ed, I tryed to log back in eve:O(

Well guess what someone "i think i know who" hacked my accounts and SOLD them on EBAY<-----EULA VIOLATION.

Well it took over 1 month and something like 10-12 emails to support...about the 5-6th email they gave the account back to me!!!

Then within 2 hours they took the account back "banned"...5-6 more emails and they gave me the account back again...BUT WITH NO IN GAME AVATAR-CHAR.

1 LAST EMAIL FINDS THEY TRANSFERRED THE IN GAME NAME TO ANOTHER ACCOUNT BELONGING TO THE PERSON WHO PAID for it on EBAY!!

I was NEVER asked to prove anything, The only thing they ever asked me for was my cd key which i supplied.

SO i must admit the game rocks its realy a great game BUT support is prolly in Bangladesh or beruit.

When they email me its like i have to decipher what there saying.

Mooooo

EDIT NOTE This whole thing took from may 4th to may 29thimage

Mooooo™

• Celt0rCelt0r Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by squeee

I think it is funny that you played the game for 12 months

I played it for 4 months, from May to september.

and even your brother has 3 accounts

He actually has 1 now. 

and the subscription total for eve continues to rise and there are more and more players playing during peak times

Eve peaked at the start of june at just over 6000 players, it took 11 months for it break that again. It also hasnt broken 10k in a month.

and yet you seem to claim it is a sinking ship. Your logic amuses me.

At least I have some logic.

Lets just state the truth, you got shafted, for whatever reason, by ccp and you are mad at the game.

Let's just state the truth, eve still hasnt gotten features promised 12 months ago, castor wasnt 25% what it was promised to be, shiva has been delayed and the feature list cut down, CCP have introduced account "services" that are nothing more then a blatant attempt to make more money, and there are at least 5 top notch MMO's coming out before the end of the year.

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Funny you post this right now. About 6 months ago some people might've believed you but now that eve is getting more and more successful this is just wrong.

The devs stated that they are behind shedule with shiva because of the huge success lately because they had to optimize the code and upgrade the server cluster so it can cope with the new player influx.

You don't like the game anymore? Go play something else.

WHINER

Originally posted by Thoemse

Funny you post this right now. About 6 months ago some people might've believed you but now that eve is getting more and more successful this is just wrong.

Again we get to see your excellent logic. No reasoning, no proof, nothing.

The devs stated that they are behind shedule with shiva because of the huge success lately because they had to optimize the code and upgrade the server cluster so it can cope with the new player influx.

So what about the missing features and content promised 12 years ago? All the other broken promises? Just want to brush them under the carpet and label me a whiner?

You don't like the game anymore? Go play something else.

WHINER

Get a grip, loser.

• ArleonenisArleonenis Member Posts: 69

Eve have more and more players online i play and see how many players are online when i log in (info on log in screen)
    And by the way devs promised many things but they working hard on balancing now, but you could not seen this if you not play, i tried many mmorpgs and usually thay go with schedule and dont care what players want, in eve maybe they act little slow but they change what players dont like...
    They act slow becouse they dont want to do changes that could destabilize gameplay, they must think what to change and to what degree
    And for gms, i dont have problems with them so i cant complain

i complained about the speed of changes in eve but than i checked few others mmorpgs and returned to eve really fast (light speed)::::08::

Originally posted by Arleonenis

Eve have more and more players online i play and see how many players are online when i log in (info on log in screen)
    And by the way devs promised many things but they working hard on balancing now, but you could not seen this if you not play, i tried many mmorpgs and usually thay go with schedule and dont care what players want, in eve maybe they act little slow but they change what players dont like...
    They act slow becouse they dont want to do changes that could destabilize gameplay, they must think what to change and to what degree
    And for gms, i dont have problems with them so i cant complain
    i complained about the speed of changes in eve but than i checked few others mmorpgs and returned to eve really fast (light speed)::::08::

That's the thing, balancing can take forever and it doesnt even affect that huge a percentage of the population, but adding content does.

Balancing that they will do:
    redesign of all electronic warfare, they will almost do it from begining, ew affected by distance with falloff, not 100% effective, they could fairly lowered enemy combat capabilities but not completly dissable turrets
    redesign ships and turret stats, diffrent power grid and cpu outputs, diffrent fitting and stats of turrets
    redesign missle weapons and adding much new skills and modules, this will affect what all skills do even existing ones, missles speed and chance of hiting diffrent size targets

and about new content, they adding it whole time but true this is slow (imho too slow) but they add and this is important, untill shiva all tech2 frigates should be in game and shiva will came i q3 or at begining of q4 of this year, but im most interested in all those tech 2 modules that are being introduced from some time, they adding them whole the time...

now i dont want that you came back to eve, i simply dont care about it::::40:: i simply write that you dont tell the true, slow adding new SHIPS yes but nothing more and its not sinking::::01::

redesign of all electronic warfare, they will almost do it from begining, ew affected by distance with falloff, not 100% effective, they could fairly lowered enemy combat capabilities but not completly dissable turrets
    redesign ships and turret stats, diffrent power grid and cpu outputs, diffrent fitting and stats of turrets
    redesign missle weapons and adding much new skills and modules, this will affect what all skills do even existing ones, missles speed and chance of hiting diffrent size targets
    and about new content, they adding it whole time but true this is slow (imho too slow) but they add and this is important, untill shiva all tech2 frigates should be in game and shiva will came i q3 or at begining of q4 of this year, but im most interested in all those tech 2 modules that are being introduced from some time, they adding them whole the time...
    now i dont want that you came back to eve, i simply dont care about it::::40:: i simply write that you dont tell the true, slow adding new SHIPS yes but nothing more and its not sinking::::01::

All i can say is at least you used paragraphs.......image

Mooooo

Mooooo™

Stuff that should have been done in the beta - or earlier.

Balancing isnt always good, in fact it's often bad, and it shouldnt take precedence.

New skills are just an extra timesink to keep people paying for longer.

and about new content, they adding it whole time but true this is slow (imho too slow)

So, list some of the new content.

Elite interceptors? dont make me laugh.

but they add and this is important, untill shiva all tech2 frigates should be in game and shiva will came i q3 or at begining of q4 of this year, but im most interested in all those tech 2 modules that are being introduced from some time, they adding them whole the time...

Tech 2 was meant to be in by castor, that is over 9 months ago.

Do some research.

I would love to see some of this "content".

castor OVER 9 months ago??? in what dimenssion you live? maybe you have time machine? castor was delivered to us in december, now is may, its 6 months so if you write something be exact and i dont need to do resarch but from this post i see that you dont know many things and your numbers is hmm wird? taken from roof maybe? ::::01::

castor OVER 9 months ago??? in what dimenssion you live? maybe you have time machine? castor was delivered to us in december, now is may, its 6 months so if you write something be exact and i dont need to do resarch but from this post i see that you dont know many things and your numbers is hmm wird? taken from roof maybe? ::::01::

You should get your facts right before criticising, castor was originally scheduled for sept/october.

Originally posted by Celt0r

You should get your facts right before criticising, castor was originally scheduled for sept/october.

Please understand this person is trying to argue a point in a language he cant quite read or write correctly.image

mOo

Mooooo™

• TrentVentureTrentVenture Member Posts: 9

Record amounts of people online at once..more content added,more planed.image

In the last 2 months Ive seen the amount of people online play increase evey week.

And more and more that left coming back to EvE. 

So  say after me  "Yes thats right..its a sinking ship" .......YES Keep taking the tablets image

• styles74styles74 Member Posts: 222

trent if its that great how about a 7 day key? image

mail to [email protected]

thanks!

I am dying to try it as waiting for eq2 is really taking its toll.

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

Oscar Wilde

- John Wooden

Originally posted by TrentVenture

Record amounts of people online at once..more content added,more planed.image
    In the last 2 months Ive seen the amount of people online play increase evey week.
    And more and more that left coming back to EvE. 
    So  say after me  "Yes thats right..its a sinking ship" .......YES Keep taking the tablets image

Actually, if you bothered to look up the numbers, eve's population peaked 27 days ago, and has slowly(but steadily) declined since then.

As for content added - what exactly?
    The elite interceptors that were planned for release 10 months ago?

I'm not the one on drugs.

• TrentVentureTrentVenture Member Posts: 9

"Actually, if you bothered to look up the numbers, eve's population peaked 27 days ago, and has slowly(but steadily) declined since then."

You mean they haven't broken their  OWN online record in the last 27 days,well that proves it

HOW Scientific of you...image

THATS IT TABLET TIME image

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Originally posted by TrentVenture

"Actually, if you bothered to look up the numbers, eve's population peaked 27 days ago, and has slowly(but steadily) declined since then."
    You mean they haven't broken their  OWN online record in the last 27 days,well that proves it
    HOW Scientific of you...image
    THATS IT TABLET TIME image
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Nice, you skip all my points and wont say what new content has been added.

Get a clue.

• RaiblastRaiblast Member Posts: 49

EVE online wasn't really all that great. i'm one for space rpgs, but this one was really in my small list of favorite space games. one thing that really annoyed me is i couldn't just click anywhere to start moving anywhere, except on that very very little radar. that was ridiculus. try to move where you want it to go, you might end up going in the complete opposite direction. the idea of the game isn't too bad, but they can improve on it. but like all games, it eventually dies. people may just bore of it.

it's...scary. very, very, very, scary...the world we live in...that's why i love the virtual world.

Originally posted by Raiblast

EVE online wasn't really all that great. i'm one for space rpgs, but this one was really in my small list of favorite space games. one thing that really annoyed me is i couldn't just click anywhere to start moving anywhere, except on that very very little radar. that was ridiculus. try to move where you want it to go, you might end up going in the complete opposite direction. the idea of the game isn't too bad, but they can improve on it. but like all games, it eventually dies. people may just bore of it.

Now heres a guy who has no clue whatsoever.

You just gotta love people who cant fathom simple game play mechanics.image

mOo

Mooooo™

Originally posted by natas

Originally posted by Raiblast

Now heres a guy who has no clue whatsoever.

You just gotta love people who cant fathom simple game play mechanics.image

mOo

Quite a lot of people expected eve to be a third person(uh... you know what I mean) ship mmorpg.

Instead of being entirely point and click.

• HeartlandHeartland Member Posts: 103

You mentioned one yourself already - interceptors.

I can add:
    - Tech level 2 items, manufacturing and research
    - Player owned stations
    - Much improved missions
    - New market funtcions
    - Bigger badder pirates
    - Numerous skills

In addition to this patches and hardware upgrades have:
    - Made Eve stable as a rock on both my computers.
    - Hugely increased performance and improved loading times.
    - Largely balanced combat.
    - Removed numerous exploits.

I could go on, but suspect that I'm talking to deaf ears. In the meantime, I direct you to the new feature page for the Shiva update, to highlight the fact that Shiva will be more focused on gameplay issues rather than fixes (Castor).

Originally posted by Heartland

You mentioned one yourself already - interceptors.

I can add:
    - Tech level 2 items, manufacturing and research

That still isnt even 50% implemented yet.

- Player owned stations

That are fairly pointless without the ability to add modules < being able to BUILD stations was promised for 4 weeks after retail.

- Much improved missions

Much improved rewards, the missions themselves are still either -> deliver item X to location Y or kill 2 npc's

- New market funtcions

What? 0_o

- Bigger badder pirates

Woohoo, more npcs that are almost exactly the same!

- Numerous skills

How are skills content? All they are is another way to keep people paying for a timesink

In addition to this patches and hardware upgrades have:
    - Made Eve stable as a rock on both my computers.

I still get the odd blackhole, but even at retail I never crashed.

- Hugely increased performance and improved loading times.

I havent noticed?

- Largely balanced combat.

Tell that to TomB who still spends most of his time balancing.

- Removed numerous exploits.

And made how many more possible?

I could go on, but suspect that I'm talking to deaf ears. In the meantime, I direct you to the new feature page for the Shiva update, to highlight the fact that Shiva will be more focused on gameplay issues rather than fixes (Castor).

Shiva sounds really REALLY good - but then, so did Castor.

Dont let "upcoming" features ever make you keep playing.