Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5450 Accounts Banned

SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news10961.shtml

2.9 Billion gil removed. They are really getting on RMT big time.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
FFXI Character: Satimasu
FFXI Server: Valefor
FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Problem is that i logged on today thurday and saw several RMT all over the place.I was wandering all over different zones looking for some nice WORM areas to camp and saw RMT everywhere.I have no idea if these RMT are actually going out and buying this many games or what?I am guessing they are buying key codes,but how are they able to access so many?I bought a key code for a second account and it took alot of work ,i even had one company refund my credit card because they couldn't get me one.So how on earth are these guys recycling 5k new accounts every mnth?I mean people have come on trhese forums asking where they can buy the game.

The other problem circulating around some forums is that the RMT are now owning the AH by selling all profitable items at par.This way the players can't make any profit selling anything,well cept maybe crystals for 1k a stack lmao.

the other thing that really bothers me is that all the RMT are linked to pretty much YANTIS corp.After 30k[prolly more by now,maybe 50+k] in banned accounts how can these guys possibly be getting new IP addresses to be able to get a new account after being banned?How do they keep getting back in?I think this really shows how lack of a job they are doing,i'm not yet impressed.I don't know how they can fix the AH scamming ,because this seems to be there new strat in forcing players to buy offline gil by limiting profits on the AH.

Get ridda monitary all together .bring in a barter system , lol sad that's about the only way to stop the RMT from coming back.I can't imagine how many employes this yantis corp has because there is alot in FFXi and i know there is a TON in lineage2,and WOW lmao thousands,the list goes on and on. There in all the smaller games too like rf online/maplestory/ even everquest and the ancient UO online has mass cheating and outside buying.I used to think it was all the koreans but no it's the giant american rich chumps who are running these operations.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Reaper_EmberReaper_Ember Member Posts: 90

Thats good, Bout time they started fighting back hard.

RMT will always try to be in a game. They just dont know when to give up, sadly. And if a barter system comes into play, they'll camp mobs that drop items and make you buy the item itself.

RIP: Masamunex - 75PLD/37WAR Ramuh

We will rise again from the ashes. To take over Vana'Diel.

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

You probably need to read this... http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/2107/detail.html

The Special Task Force they have are doing the best they can. It's up to you to report the RMT you see to them so they can get rid of them. Yeah, they'll keep coming back... But, if they can't get leveled up they won't be making any gil which means they don't make any money. Then the company has to shutdown. It's happend already. Better late than never.

About the AH thing, the economy is on a decline. That's why it doesn't seem like anyone is making money on the AH. It's very easy to see where to make money on my server. Heck, all you have to do is hold on to your gil and you get richer every time they do these bannings.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

Yeah. If you see them, report them. They'll get whats coming to them.

cuz, from what I've noticed, SE has gotten really good about listening to the gamers.

Look at how they've balanced out parties! You now get nice EXP bonuses for having less than 6 people. Plus the Signet buffs are nice.

And they've listened to  the people on wanting to play through the Great War.  Wings of the Goddess goes through that.

• RockshaRocksha Member Posts: 125

what exactly are RMT's? im thinking botters but am not sure what RMT stands for

• monkeyspymonkeyspy Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by Rocksha

what exactly are RMT's? im thinking botters but am not sure what RMT stands for

To tell you the truth, I didn't know what it stood for either.  I was actually curious how this game was doing since I haven't played it since the first month it came to the USA.  I was interested in giving it another shot since I got the 2007 edition (all the expansions) for 5.99 at Best Buy. 

Anyway after looking it up, it just means Real Money Trading / Traders (RMT).

Maybe in the next month I'll give the game another 30 day shot.  Gonna browse over the forums and see how this game is doing (population, community, cheating problems, etc...)

Ok. RMT is the act of buying or selling in-game currency for real-life currency. It is also the act of a group killing monsters that drop rare items and selling them with the intent to sell in-game currency.

Now, onto your concerns about population, community, etc...

Still, FFXI has a very strong playerbase, due to the increasing content and the fact that SE listens to the customers.

The community is quite friendly but still competitive enough to keep you on your toes (NM camping and such is that part)

Cheating has been almost entirely ruled out. SE's Special Forces looks for cheaters and theres a server side application which is always watching each area and if something strange happens, a GM is automatically informed.

Content is always updating, and looks really nice to be honest. Theres plenty of new gear, weapons, areas, quests, and missions being added every 2 or 3 months, so keep your eyes open.

New expansion at the end of the year, looks nice.

Theres just alot of nice reasons to play this game. I dont know why it didnt get as much hype or as much press release as other games, but... I like it. And I'm gonna start spamming it >.>;

• KenorvKenorv Member Posts: 112

Square really only has themselves to blame for the RMT problem that they have. What did they think was going to happen when they decided to put uber gear on rare mobs in common areas? Those mobs get camped by RMT bots 24/7 and they end up controlling those items and thus controlling the prices at the AH for those items. If you're going to put uber items on rare mobs then make them Bind on Pickup so they can't be sold at the AH.

I know that other games have problems with RMT but I've never seen it as bad as I have in FFXI. I haven't played in a while but when I did there were items that you could only get from those rare mobs that were camped by RMT's all the time. If they want to do something about RMT then they need to change their loot system.

They did do that Kenorv >.>;

Leaping Boots, Emperors Hairpin, O. Kote, Speed Belt, and even Kraken Club are all now R/EX, so you HAVE to camp that mob to get the item.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I actually used to report them steady because they were bothering me by using bots on the popular camped mobs.What got me extremely angry was the lack of reporting tools.First up there is no category to choose from for rmt or botting.Well you can select third person tools,but when you do you have no actual way of explaining your proof to the GM .The part that is a joke is where they ask you to fully explain the problem,yet they leave you room to type in maybe 8 words.Then you wait an extremly long time for a GM,i usually on average had to wait 3 hours sometimes 2 sometimes 4.So anyone that is casual or only logs on for say a couple hours to play won't be able to stick around waiting for them.

This wasn't the worse part,it got worse after talking to the GM.Every single time i talked to one,they responded or acted like they didn't believe me.There response was the SAME EVERY single time,like they work off cue cards.."We will look into it".Then the best is when i logon and camp the same spot for the next 3 days and these same botting RMT are still there.They don't use simple bots anymore either i saw some pretty funky things going on when these players would auto flee before i could even see the mob spawn.I saw provokes that seem to mess up and provoke the normal yag yet the NM would still turn purple and show claimed so i couldn't get it.I saw mnks using provoke yet were able to use flee.They think there smart by going /anon but anyone knows that to flee they would have to be /thf  and to voke they would have to be /war,they can't be both.

Now if the GM were watching these guys at ALL after i reported them,it would have been easily clear on the very first voke that they were cheating, but 3/4/5 days even weeks later,they were not banned ,so i'd have to say they do a very poor job MOST of the GM's.I did eventually see alot of those cheats gone ,but it took usually 2 weeks later before this would happen.So i guess there is the odd GM who gets his/her act together and actually reports to the other GM's on the problems at hand.

There tactic for bannings is also IMO very poor.They have to have all the GM's meet together to agree on it.Well that just tells me they don't trust there GM's to have proper knowledge to use there own discression.I could see maybe having 2 gm make approval but just the time of getting them all together to agree on an issue is a huge waste of time.I personally have spent the time to make my self knowledgeable on botting and third party tools,and i could spot a cheat very quickly,i don't need a special task force to spend weeks weeding them out.

Square brought the whole problem on themselves .They made spawn points for the most part very lack.They spawn in the same place every time albeit sometimes 1 or 2 diff spawn pts,sometimes ONLY one place.Mob gil drops are pathetic,usually like 5-15 gil off lowbie mobs and 50-200 gil off higher mobs.Resales to NPC are 99% useless they off nothing in return.There is the odd resale but still not worth the hassle.Sometimes players are content with gimp gear,but even that can be at times impossible to find on an AH.So they look to the npc and guess what,the NPC is selling a 5k item for 200k rflmao,were they insane when they set some of the NPC prices?THis is a truly great game,but a few of there staff that worked on this game,must have had IQ's below 5o,as i have seen some real clueless ideas,that showed no thought for the future.

Square by there own rights have admitted to many mistakes,and i will agree that no body can fathom how much RMT will ruin a game.Some of the ideas however are beyond me as to what they were thinking.Take a look at this simple new event!10k a pop for the event gear?50k for the fish scooping?WOW ! again insane!events are what people expect to be fun and offer rewards,not  something that is trying to lower the players pocketbooks.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

New bot-scanner added in this update to the servers... Quite nice actually... If a strange packet is injected into the server, it automatically quarantines, finds the IP, disconnects the person, and then reports it to the Special Forces.

But yeah, that Flee bot is a bitch... I hate it.

• KenorvKenorv Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by Reaper_Ember

Leaping Boots, Emperors Hairpin, O. Kote, Speed Belt, and even Kraken Club are all now R/EX, so you HAVE to camp that mob to get the item.

That's good because when I played that wasn't the case. Still though, with the low drop rates of those items and the high amount of people camping the mobs all the time, I bet it's still a pain to get them.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Kenorv

Originally posted by Reaper_Ember

That's good because when I played that wasn't the case. Still though, with the low drop rates of those items and the high amount of people camping the mobs all the time, I bet it's still a pain to get them.

Actually, what they did with those items (at least the hairpin, peacock charm, leaping boots and a couple others I think) is two fold...

They replaced the original item on the world NM with a rare/ex version of the item, with a different name. They then took the original version and made it a possible drop for a BCNM.

So, in the case of Emperor Hairpin, for example...

The Valkurm Emperor now drops the Empress Hairpin - same stats as the Emperor Hairpin, but it's rare/ex, so you can't sell or trade it... thus it does no good for the botters to monopolize it.

The original Emperor's Hairpin is now a BCNM30 drop, specifically "Dropping Like Flies" at Horlais Peak and like before, you can still trade or sell that one.

Prices have dropped *dramatically* on those items as a result of this. I just checked tonight on Pandy and the Emperor Hairpin is going for about 700-800k. At one point it was going for around 20 million. That's a huge drop.

That said... no MMO Dev will ever do away with RMT in their game entirely. Ever. It's too big a business and the people are too determined to maintain a presence. I've said before that if I didn't know it was a business, I'd think the people had brain-damage... keep getting banned and come right back for more. However, SE is at the lead, along with Blizzard, I think, in dealing with RMT. There have been *huge* improvements in the RMT in FFXI... and as a result, the economy has come *way* down.

SE are doing a better job than you might think.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• MychemFreakMychemFreak Member Posts: 23

I think its good that Square Enix stood up and did something about that problem.Kudos for Square!!!!Can't wait for FFXIII but i think it would be awesome if they remade or even did a FFVII MMO.Oh wellz goodjob Square