Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acquiring skills

superussuperus Member Posts: 94

"chicks only dig guys with skills.."

If I've played half of the original and half of Factions, do i need to complete all of the content from those in order to pick up any more remaining skills for my classes?  Or is it possible to just pick them up if I start Nightfall and eventually Eye of the North from scratch? 

Comments

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Originally posted by superus

If I've played half of the original and half of Factions, do i need to complete all of the content from those in order to pick up any more remaining skills for my classes?  Or is it possible to just pick them up if I start Nightfall and eventually Eye of the North from scratch? 
    Ok,

1, prophecies gives skills as a reward for finishing quests

2, Factions and Nightfall DON'T, they offer gold and skill points as reward so you can buy skills from the skill trainer and the skill trainers skill availability is staggered as you progress

3, Eye of the North is an expansion, not a stand alone chapter and you need to complete one of the others to play its content, however, it will move back to the prophecies style of skill rewards for quests

4, if you unlock skills for a chapter, they permanently become available at all skill trainers for the chapter they are for and that includes buying the Pvp unlock packs from the ingame store.  I bought all three and if I roll a new character in any chapter, i can now goto the first skill trainer and buy a full skill bar (minus elites of course, you still need to cap them) nearly straight away... Of course, if I want a prophecies skill and I start in Factions, i still need to get to the marketplace and head over to lion's Arch, but thats not exactly hard

imageimage

• SecromSecrom Member Posts: 318
    Originally posted by Lonesamurai1

Ok,

2, Factions and Nightfall DON'T, they offer gold and skill points as reward so you can buy skills from the skill trainer and the skill trainers skill availability is staggered as you progress

3, Eye of the North is an expansion, not a stand alone chapter and you need to complete one of the others to play its content, however, it will move back to the prophecies style of skill rewards for quests

4, if you unlock skills for a chapter, they permanently become available at all skill trainers for the chapter they are for and that includes buying the Pvp unlock packs from the ingame store.  I bought all three and if I roll a new character in any chapter, i can now goto the first skill trainer and buy a full skill bar (minus elites of course, you still need to cap them) nearly straight away... Of course, if I want a prophecies skill and I start in Factions, i still need to get to the marketplace and head over to lion's Arch, but thats not exactly hard

Actually in Prophecies there are skills only obtainable (i.e. gotta buy them) from skill trainers. The further you got in the storyline the more skills you can get from trainers. That means that until you get to Emberlight Camp in the Ring of Fire.

In the case of Factions, unless I'm mistaken, most if not all skills can be bought in Kaineng Center.

There are Core skills shared by all campaigns, so you can get those anywhere, but I'd say they make up at most 1/4th or 1/3rd of all skills.

Originally posted by Secrom

Originally posted by Lonesamurai1

Ok,

Actually in Prophecies there are skills only obtainable (i.e. gotta buy them) from skill trainers. The further you got in the storyline the more skills you can get from trainers. That means that until you get to Emberlight Camp in the Ring of Fire.

In the case of Factions, unless I'm mistaken, most if not all skills can be bought in Kaineng Center.

There are Core skills shared by all campaigns, so you can get those anywhere, but I'd say they make up at most 1/4th or 1/3rd of all skills. There are three skills you have to buy in prophecies, one from the skill trainer in Ice Tooth Cave, and two others I honestly can't remember off the top of my head, i think another is in Maguuma Stade

Edit:  the third is from captain Greywind in the Ascalon Settlement

imageimage

• superussuperus Member Posts: 94

Excellent info thanks very much.  So it sounds like if I complete all of the content in Prophecies, I should have most (if not all) of the available skills and ready to take on the Eye of the North content?

• kegboyiikegboyii Member Posts: 103

I would just PvP and unlock whatever skills you wish for whatever profession you want. After that, just buy them. I like to do Alliance Battle alot and unlock skills. What i like is that the skills i do unlock are useable by my heroes in PvE. ^_^

Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you react to it!

Excellent info thanks very much.  So it sounds like if I complete all of the content in Prophecies, I should have most (if not all) of the available skills and ready to take on the Eye of the North content?
    All the available Prophecies skills for your classes yes...  However, to have all the skills, you will need to do it again with the other four classes (2 more characters) and then your still short all the Factions and nightfall skills and then your short the Assasin, Ritualist, Dervish and Paragon skills from them aswell...

Or you could just cheat and get the PvP skill unlock packs...  they are a godsend even for Pve players as the first skill trainer you come across in the chapter you have it for will then have all the non-elite skills for your professions straight away for you to buy...  Grab an Elite tome and you have a full skill bar straight away...  JOY!

imageimage