Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free?

ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Someone posted on the general board that the newbie area was free with no time limit. Is that true?

I paid for an account for a month back in 2005. I just tried to login with it. The game is telling me I need "a proper subscription". Do I have to start a new account if I want to take advantage of the free starter island?

Comments

• GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412

Originally posted by -Jaguar-

Someone posted on the general board that the newbie area was free with no time limit. Is that true?
    I paid for an account for a month back in 2005. I just tried to login with it. The game is telling me I need "a proper subscription". Do I have to start a new account if I want to take advantage of the free starter island?

Hello,

the answer is yes, you need a free trial account that don't ask for any billing/personal information to have the trial working.

The trial on Silan (the starter island) is unlimited but you can level max till 21 in each skill. When u reach lvl 21 you stop getting xp.

Nickname registered on www.mynickname.org

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Bah forget it then. I don't want to start a new account. I don't want to level up on the trial account then switch back to my old since it has the name I like.

• MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627

Originally posted by -Jaguar-

Bah forget it then. I don't want to start a new account. I don't want to level up on the trial account then switch back to my old since it has the name I like.

Huh?

Why don´t you just delete the old Charakter with the Name you like and start anew?

Or why don´t you just start a new charakter?

If you´ve allready got a Charakter on the Mainlands, then you should be able to play it, once you start paying the monthy fee again.

Unless you don´t, you will be stuck with Charakters on the Newbe Isle.

Even if you had a paid account, a new charakter always starts out on Silan.

A not paid account will stay there, that´s the only difference.

CU

MaDSaM

Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?
  • frkhot97frkhot97 Member Posts: 393

I think you might be wrong there, Acridiel/Madsam. If you want to play the free trial you can't do it on an account that has been upgraded before. And if you want to play Jaguar on a new (free) account you have to start the old account again, delete the toon, unsub and start a new free account. It will cost you atleast one month's fee either way.

Dofus have a similar free trial deal as Ryzom, with one difference - once you unsub you can still play the characters, but only in a small area.

• MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627

Pardon me, you missunderstood.

If you have an account and pay for it every month, you are able to build a charakter on Silan whenever you wish.

If you have an account, that has beens paid once,  but you have since stoped paying, then you are not able to do this. That is correct.

You can not expect to get for free what others pay fo every month. Just because you paid once.

CU

MaDSaM

Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?