Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only pvp at endgame ???

2»

Comments

• judgebeojudgebeo Member Posts: 419
    Originally posted by anubisss

Originally posted by random11

I shall not repeat myself, it is beneath me. However, Anubisss, I shall state one thing. This conversation is over, because I am able to patiently wait, before I make up my mind (and no, it won't cost me any money), and because I am not a troll. Both qualities are opposing yours'.

I won't die before I am proven right, I shall live to see august the 28th, and then, my friend, you will most probably disappear, for a troll lacks courage and sportsmanship.

I can tell  you that IF i am wrong i will be here to take it in the back.So you have not seen this stuff  you claim or have you? I tell you why  this conversation is over for you because you SAID all that stuff on the strength of a DEV word.

You cant prove anything and like you said the conversation is over.Next time you decide to accused me of  lieing come with the FACTS that prove me to be a troll.

Oh just to let you no.....

WAR IS COMING.......Real RVR-PVP

Ghost Squad

I dont know if you are a troll, never saw you are you green? like shreck but what seems you are is a ... fanboi!! war fanboi!! 

• anubisssanubisss Member Posts: 325

Originally posted by judgebeo

I shall not repeat myself, it is beneath me. However, Anubisss, I shall state one thing. This conversation is over, because I am able to patiently wait, before I make up my mind (and no, it won't cost me any money), and because I am not a troll. Both qualities are opposing yours'.

I won't die before I am proven right, I shall live to see august the 28th, and then, my friend, you will most probably disappear, for a troll lacks courage and sportsmanship.

I can tell  you that IF i am wrong i will be here to take it in the back.So you have not seen this stuff  you claim or have you? I tell you why  this conversation is over for you because you SAID all that stuff on the strength of a DEV word.

You cant prove anything and like you said the conversation is over.Next time you decide to accused me of  lieing come with the FACTS that prove me to be a troll.

Ghost Squad

I dont know if you are a troll, never saw you are you green? like shreck but what seems you are is a ... fanboi!! war fanboi!! 

Wow! so you figure that out then lol.Did it hurt your head all that figuring out.You should of just asked and i would of  told you i am a WAR fanboy.You did`nt have to hurt your head thinking about it.

WAR IS COMING

HMM got that wrong...  AOC is coming lol the ultimate PVE mmorpg.

• judgebeojudgebeo Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by judgebeo

Ghost Squad

Wow! so you figure that out then lol.Did it hurt your head all that figuring out.You should of just asked and i would of  told you i am a WAR fanboy.You did`nt have to hurt your head thinking about it.

WAR IS COMING

HMM got that wrong...  AOC is coming lol the ultimate PVE mmorpg.

When I say that you are a fanboi I want you try to understand why  your words have no credit for no one because no matter for you what is wrong or right, or anything else, you will die for your "game"

Be wiser guy, I will not talk about your loved war because this is not the post, Im not a fanboi, and I dont know, what WILL be better... If you are clever you will see Im saying "WILL BE BETTER", im not saying "IS BETTER", because, any of the two games is finished, Im wondering how blind can be a fanboi like you, talking like he knows things that no one no, because, no game is ended, because you can "pressume" things, but, you can affirm what you are doing, I think AOC will be a great PVP game, but, this, dont want to say, that it cant be a great PVE game, perhaps it can be a GREAT PVP and PVE game, with more fun that mindless rvr, you can fight for your guild, your castle, find more interesting, but, you dont need to agree to that, just because you suspect you will not like it (oh! you will not like it because is not war! the wow copy/paste!<-- just kidding) you cant affirm that it will be a pve only game, or will have a worst pvp.

If you wanna listen, and you can open your eyes to see something else than war I will esplain you that since GW comes out, I played it, soon I saw that is a pvp game (oh! you think wow is a pvp game and gw is not, stop reading then, you have no idea ) but I feel tired, for some reason like aggresive behaiviour, and the competitive aspect of the game, so go for cov/coh, I found a great pve, is almost the same that ever, kill have fun, talk, and a great design of your toons, but, it also got a pvp that I loved, a pvp that have something that I didnt found in gw; so if gw is a pvp game, and cov a pve, have this last a bad pvp? NO is different, Im not meaning that something is better than the other one, but this is not the point of the topic (but seems that cause you are a fanboi you cant understand this), they say that "at the end", so, the ultimate part of the game, the last thing to do, will be PVP, and I think EVERY GAME that will come out have this end, because when you train in pve, when you train and grow up your char, you always dream to be on a battle, at side of your friends, fighting, someone, that have the same chances than you but is different, with no IA, but intelligence.. so hope you understand this and also you MUST understand that all this are PRODUCTS, entertainement products, be a fanboi is a bad thing, because you are paying for a product and they must be your fan"boi", because, you are paying them, you are the client, not them, is like when you bring a t-shit with a big "nike" on it, they must be paying you because you are like a walking "marketing-boi".

Think about it, and perhaps you will stop saying thinks like

WAR IS COMING

in every post you write, at least if they dont pay you for this. Grow up, stop being a fanboi, and start to be a "man"

PD: Also, I dunno what of the two games will buy, just the one I like more, think that AOC is more original, but Im not crazy and fool to buy something because... because... Im just a fanboi, need to see and test before ;)

• random11random11 Member UncommonPosts: 765

Oh yeah, Anubisss, that's the way, get personal with him, great way to lure us to WAR.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Oh yeah, Anubisss, that's the way, get personal with him, great way to lure us to WAR.

I highly doubt that was his goal.  lol

Anyway, someone posted that there would be "LIVE raid content" at Liepzig.  Now I'm assuming LIVE means that players will get to play?  It won't be just the devs showing them demos?  And I'm also assuming raid content to mean PvP sieges.

If this is true, it'll be great.  The only question will be whether they showed it soon enough to use the feedback from the fans to tweak it?

The one thing that is true about WAR is that since they showed the general public their PvP from day one, they were able to get feedback, both positive and negative from the public since day one. 

Since AoC is only going to be showing it's PvP now, with only 3 months left, if there are serious complaints or concerns or requests from the general public, will they be able to take the feedback and use it to tweak the game in only 3 months?

Hopefully they'll be able to and hopefully the relatively small group of beta testers they have are actually testing the game and providing feedback and not just goofing around.

EDIT: And no I'm not some blind fanboi for WAR or anything like that.  I just tend to believe my own opinions over those that the devs tell me to have.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• random11random11 Member UncommonPosts: 765

Originally posted by checkthis500

Anyway, someone posted that there would be "LIVE raid content" at Liepzig.  Now I'm assuming LIVE means that players will get to play?  It won't be just the devs showing them demos?  And I'm also assuming raid content to mean PvP sieges.

If this is true, it'll be great.  The only question will be whether they showed it soon enough to use the feedback from the fans to tweak it?

The one thing that is true about WAR is that since they showed the general public their PvP from day one, they were able to get feedback, both positive and negative from the public since day one. 

Since AoC is only going to be showing it's PvP now, with only 3 months left, if there are serious complaints or concerns or requests from the general public, will they be able to take the feedback and use it to tweak the game in only 3 months?

Hopefully they'll be able to and hopefully the relatively small group of beta testers they have are actually testing the game and providing feedback and not just goofing around.

EDIT: And no I'm not some blind fanboi for WAR or anything like that.  I just tend to believe my own opinions over those that the devs tell me to have.

Now you, I can talk with! :)

I am no blind fan either, when I joined the community, I posted a lot of questions, and wrote 2 page essays about what I think should be done. I didn't approve of everything they have said, and argued a lot. But I was capable of compromise, and acceoted a few thingsp since.

I too am concerned about how long the beta shall be, and would be lying if I told you I didn't want to see the game right now.

They opted for a different kind of testing. With technical beta, they are testing specific things. They are telling players what to do, and they do that single thing, overload a single part of the game mechanic. They believe this will have the same effect as letting many players in, to do whatever they want to do. They are testing modules of the game. With proper tools, this as well can be effective.

Also note, that a large team of QA is constantly working. This is a DX10, Vista and Nvidia showcase game. Those companies do not mess around with their money and brand. Remember VG? MS lost money on that, probably enough money to set my company up for grandure, however they didn't lose prestige. I imagine (I can almost state it as fact, as it is damn easy logic), that MS and Nvidia employees are also testing the game 'round the clock. There are advantages to working with mammoths like MS.

I completely understand the way they decided to beta test their game. After all, the classic method is no longer the "good" one. I know of very few people who actually test the game, most just think of it as playing for free. And remember VG? The core testers (read idiot fanboys) encouraged Brad to continue down the path the game was going. I and a few others raised our voice, criticized contructively, but eventually achieved nothing, as we were silenced by the fanboys. The same type of angry followers as Anubisss is to WAR. I as a company leader would chose my game to be tested by fewer, payed in hard cash professionals, rather than thousands of enthusiastic teenagers.

I have few worries with AoC, I do feel neglected in some way, but our opinion does come through with the forums, we just don't get first hand feedback opportunity. Take item looting for instance, at one point they said there was no way it would be in, but after protests, they are reconsidering it, and said they would like to implement it somehow. This all means they do listen to our opinions, but leave the game design to professionals, as it should be.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Funcom has always been this way. They've always been stingy with the information they give out before release, and they tend to trust Large hired QA and handful of others to do the lower stages of beta and just give players a tiny taste just before release.

Funcom has always been stingy with the information they give out, yet all their games (single player and multiplayer) have been gathering awards.

• sodiacussodiacus Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by DefiledF
    Also, don't use these forums to try and get proper info on a game, they're awful.

Truer words have never been spoken!  

• ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979

whoever said this doesnt research too well into games.  if you really want to know about games how about goin to the main website.

ageofconan.com

• skitzo626skitzo626 Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by checkthis500

Now you, I can talk with! :)

I am no blind fan either, when I joined the community, I posted a lot of questions, and wrote 2 page essays about what I think should be done. I didn't approve of everything they have said, and argued a lot. But I was capable of compromise, and acceoted a few thingsp since.

I too am concerned about how long the beta shall be, and would be lying if I told you I didn't want to see the game right now.

They opted for a different kind of testing. With technical beta, they are testing specific things. They are telling players what to do, and they do that single thing, overload a single part of the game mechanic. They believe this will have the same effect as letting many players in, to do whatever they want to do. They are testing modules of the game. With proper tools, this as well can be effective.

Also note, that a large team of QA is constantly working. This is a DX10, Vista and Nvidia showcase game. Those companies do not mess around with their money and brand. Remember VG? MS lost money on that, probably enough money to set my company up for grandure, however they didn't lose prestige. I imagine (I can almost state it as fact, as it is damn easy logic), that MS and Nvidia employees are also testing the game 'round the clock. There are advantages to working with mammoths like MS.

I completely understand the way they decided to beta test their game. After all, the classic method is no longer the "good" one. I know of very few people who actually test the game, most just think of it as playing for free. And remember VG? The core testers (read idiot fanboys) encouraged Brad to continue down the path the game was going. I and a few others raised our voice, criticized contructively, but eventually achieved nothing, as we were silenced by the fanboys. The same type of angry followers as Anubisss is to WAR. I as a company leader would chose my game to be tested by fewer, payed in hard cash professionals, rather than thousands of enthusiastic teenagers.

I have few worries with AoC, I do feel neglected in some way, but our opinion does come through with the forums, we just don't get first hand feedback opportunity. Take item looting for instance, at one point they said there was no way it would be in, but after protests, they are reconsidering it, and said they would like to implement it somehow. This all means they do listen to our opinions, but leave the game design to professionals, as it should be.

That form of testing is already done random11. I haven't heard of a single beta NOT doing that. Alpha = restricted, not everything is finished yet, people are gathered to test areas etc. Beta is more of the same thing but not as strict or closed off as an Alpha. Open Beta is when the teens or w/e you say come in to "strees test" the game, build some hype and to overall see what they are getting from a game. Not much of anything is changed when an Open Beta comes along, don't kid yourself into thinking that companies would trust rabid fanboies or teens into tweaking their game much.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

The thing about a large closed beta, or open beta, is that when you allow the fans to run rabid in your game, they do things you "don't expect."  These are the important things when testing software.

Trust me, I'm a software tester.  When any software gets in the hands of users, they do all kinds of things that the software wasn't designed for. 

This is why I complain about press or fans not being able to play the game.  If it's just developer demos, then they display the game in the way that makes it the prettiest.  They could be doing something that's a "work around" without the viewers knowing any differently.

It's very important for fans to play the game early on because then the devs can see all of the flaws with their game and all the ways it can be played that were completely unintended.

I'm highly surprised that they didn't have a longer beta considering how untested their combat system is.  It's not a tried and true method. It's completely new.  You'd expect with something that is completely new, for it to be showcased, reworked, showcased again, and put out there so that they can digest all of the feedback about it.

So far the feedback about the combat system has been more or less neutral.  Everyone says "We're skeptical, but hopeful" it seems.  And since no one, or very few, have ever sat down with it for more than 15 minutes and played with the controls, none of us know if it's any good or not.

I hate knowing that all I have to go by are words and a few demos.  I want to read impressions that people right after "playing" the game, not after watching it.

So yeah, this was just me ranting.  blah blah blah.  ad infinitum

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• Lurker28Lurker28 Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by dominit

I copy and pasted this comment made from somone on the hype meter comment list
    ''I was looking forward to AoC. But the PvE until endgame turned me off. I want PvP right away please thank you.''
    Is this true?? i have been following this game for some time now and ive never seen anything about only pve till endgame.
    Im not saying this is a reliable sorce and i dont know where they got this injformation from im just quoting what they said
    Thanks

This is untrue, you will be able to PvP before level 80 plus 20 additional pvp levels.

• skitzo626skitzo626 Member Posts: 42

Oh i agree in an open beta still some changes can happen. A bug fix here, a glich there, but game changing? not going to happen when the game is that close to gold like this game is. I was excited about this game also, but im worried about the lack of pvp vids and lack of magic combat ive seen. if anyone can link me some magic combat i haven't seen plz feel free