Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is AO hanging on by a thread?

NagelFireNagelFire Member Posts: 409

Ive heard from a few different peopelthat thsi game is losing its charm and is barey hanging on by a thread now. 

On the same note, Ive heard the game in running strong.  People still hate WoW and Elves.  But I have no idea which one to believe (personal opinions and all these days).

So I ask the fanbase, Hows it hangin with AO?

-------------------------

Comments

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511

according to people....every older game is hanging on by a thread...it is a free game now (except for buying the expansions) so I'm sure its still heavily populated.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

New servers and graphics engine have been announced (which will remove many of the bugs still in AO in the process), more content is being added (free, not expansion. 17.5 patch comin up adds new rubi-Ka content as well as Pande storyline quests).

New vehicles are coming (jetcycles and hoverboards). 

A new mini-expansion system they are implementing, where you can buy an expansion or, for a reduced price you can buy just the parts of it you want at the time (for instance, those who didn't want LE for the battlestation, etc. but wanted the mechs could have just bought the mechs alone).

As well as purchase non-game enhancing items such as old pre-order gifts, luxury apartments, leet pets, social clothes, etc.

The first of the new server structures will be implemented to run the test server in a couple weeks, then the live servers will be replaced. The graphics engine will be applied afterwards when it's ready, and will be fully integrated with the new servers and all the current content will be reworked so that when implemented, AO will no longer be new code patched on top of old, but all code matching. This is what will remove the majority of the bugs and a great deal of the lag some users still get.

Once the new graphic engine is in place they will start updating the graphics themselves.

All of this from the new Game Director Silirrion, who has always been first and foremost a fan of the game since he first started as Community Manager years ago.

So, no. The game is not hanging by a thread, it still has a mature, helpful, and fun community, and will be looking at gaining a very large playerbase once all the improvements have been made. Life is looking good indeed for AO.

• magnuspmagnusp Member Posts: 2

I just reactivated my account(s) after having been gone for about 18 months and I must say that Im surprised that the game still has so many players. And its just not old farts with lots of alts, the newbie channels are still full of people just setting foot on Rubi-Ka for the first time, trying to grasp the alternate reality of Rubi-Ka.

In my opinion the game is still alive and well and it is still as addictive as it was the last time I had to forcibly uninstall the game to stop playing.    I just love the complexity and the almost endless possibilties of building your character, and with the content added with LE(Research etc) it just got a little bit more difficult and demanding....damn this game will ruin my sleep patterns again.

/Magnus

• Shinya777Shinya777 Member UncommonPosts: 54

Barry Evans was pushed :(

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

What is the RESEARCH you mentioned in passing ?

• JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017

Originally posted by Arawon

What is the RESEARCH you mentioned in passing ?

Research?

If your asking about the Lost Eden research lines.  They are similar to how Alien Invasion and Shadowlands perks work.  With a few exceptions.   Research is learned by taking experiance points from killing monsters and adds the taken experiance points to a research line of your choosing.   Theres to types of research personal and your collective faction research lines.  Personal gives passive skill bonuses as well as special activated proc. abilities. Collective faction research grants Special items like Mechs , turrets to your faction to use for tower wars and everyone in your faction can contribute to that research group and gains benefits from this group.  

And to the OP , 

I wouldn't say its loosing its charm, Or going down the tubes.  

However the community has shrunk quite a bit in a very short period of time over this year it seems. I am honestly not sure why.  One thing could be the games age.  Another could be  that it just takes Funcom so long to get anything new introduced that is significant without breaking several other already implemented  things. Lost Eden was well over a year past the projected release date set by Funcom.   Each class has an assorted ammount of issues that have been around for several years that they slowly and I do mean slowly chip away at.  i think that and with the slowness at which they seem to have added new content in the past are probably big factors in reguards to the shrinking size.   

But like Zorvan said the future looks interresting and will probably re-attract alot of players who left. If they continue the fast  pace of releasing  updates and fixes as of very recent recent.  

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

Are you kidding me...

New graphics engine? More expansions? Hoverboards...tell me you're serious. I'm shaking in my slippers (yes I wear slippers at work). Is this game on its way back to becoming the great game it was? Shall I reactivate? Frig, I'm excited...

Please keep this board alive with any changes that are happening, I want to know. Where are you hearing all this information? One of the problems I had returning to AO was the graphics engine. It still ran quite laggy even with my new computer, so I assumed it was their end.

Ahhhh, Anarchy Online, revival. Or maybe it never died? bah, it seemed dead when I came back to it......but I'm seriously considering it.

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=498971

No telling when the new engine will be introduced.  But hey its on the to-do list.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Age of Conan uses the Dreamworld engine, which is the same one used in Anarchy Online (though, clearly, it's been overhauled a LOT.) So Funcom is working on introducing the new engine and it's functionality into the old game. Don't expect AO to suddenly look like AoC quality graphics, but a release DAOC - present DAoC change is not out of the question. But it'll take some time.

Last I heard, the game has 100k subscribers and who knows how many more froobs (myself included lol.) Froobs become subscribers all the time, especially smart froobs who enjoy the complexity of it all. The game definitely isn't dying, but it's not on it's way to resurging to it's old self either (at peak the game had 250k subs, which considering the top was 400k at once with EQ, is quite a lot.)

• JudgemanxJudgemanx Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Zorvan

New servers and graphics engine have been announced (which will remove many of the bugs still in AO in the process), more content is being added (free, not expansion. 17.5 patch comin up adds new rubi-Ka content as well as Pande storyline quests).
    A new mini-expansion system they are implementing, where you can buy an expansion or, for a reduced price you can buy just the parts of it you want at the time (for instance, those who didn't want LE for the battlestation, etc. but wanted the mechs could have just bought the mechs alone).
    As well as purchase non-game enhancing items such as old pre-order gifts, luxury apartments, leet pets, social clothes, etc.
    The first of the new server structures will be implemented to run the test server in a couple weeks, then the live servers will be replaced. The graphics engine will be applied afterwards when it's ready, and will be fully integrated with the new servers and all the current content will be reworked so that when implemented, AO will no longer be new code patched on top of old, but all code matching. This is what will remove the majority of the bugs and a great deal of the lag some users still get.
    Once the new graphic engine is in place they will start updating the graphics themselves.
    All of this from the new Game Director Silirrion, who has always been first and foremost a fan of the game since he first started as Community Manager years ago.
    So, no. The game is not hanging by a thread, it still has a mature, helpful, and fun community, and will be looking at gaining a very large playerbase once all the improvements have been made. Life is looking good indeed for AO.

I hope your right about this. I quit AO a few years ago. I had a lvl 146 atrox enforcer and it was a very fun game but when WoW and EQ2 came out almost my entire guild disapeared. Are there any screens of what the new graphics will look like? The environment itself doesnt really matter but the character models didnt age well at all.

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487

I love AO and enjoy playing my Froob account occasionally.  I was just commenting to a friend (that reactivated his account recently) how many people there were in the central hubs, even more than there are in EQ2! lol.  And yes they did make a major annoucement about the graphics upgrade etc. That being said some very serious Sci-Fi Competition is about to hit with Tabula Rasa, Fallen Earth and Huxley in the horizon.  Finally, for those of us tired of oacs and elves, there will be some decent alternatives.  I still think AO will survive tho for many years, its a complex game with wonderful, groundbreaking (for its day) concepts. 

AO Forever 

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

Originally posted by Judgemanx

Originally posted by Zorvan

I hope your right about this. I quit AO a few years ago. I had a lvl 146 atrox enforcer and it was a very fun game but when WoW and EQ2 came out almost my entire guild disapeared. Are there any screens of what the new graphics will look like? The environment itself doesnt really matter but the character models didnt age well at all.

Well, as stated, the servers and server architecture are the first things to be replaced (the test server will be the first to be replaced, withing the next month or so, perhaps sooner).

The next step will be the complete integration of the existing game (including models, etc.) into the new game engine. One obvious boost will be finally migrating to DirectX9, which will slightly enhance the graphics somewhat on it's own, as well as remove the graphical limitation of being cpu dependent and utilizing players graphic cards instead.

Sil stated that once the servers/engine are all done and smoothed out, then the work on the models and textures of the game can begin. They want everything up to date and running smooth, before they can begin to decide the level of artwork to be done ( as they still want most people to be able to play without a super gaming rig). However, it has been said that some people are going to have to upgrade their comps (which should be expected), as it will be more memory and graphics intensive than the current game.

That's about all I or anyone else knows at this point, outside of Funcom.

• SaranthSaranth Member UncommonPosts: 269

It seems to be doing fine.

BOOM.

Official decision made today.

I shall return back to Anarchy Online.

- Farseen

• DarkenedDarkened Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by NagelFire

Ive heard from a few different peopelthat thsi game is losing its charm and is barey hanging on by a thread now. 
    On the same note, Ive heard the game in running strong.  People still hate WoW and Elves.  But I have no idea which one to believe (personal opinions and all these days).

Make a Froob account, login, and checkout the population around the starting area. Its ALWAYS packed with players.

The run up to the ICC shuttleport, talk to the Neutral faction rep and get your Access Card - Borealis, then take the teleporter to Borealis and checkout the population in a major city  - its absolutely PACKED there as well.

Same situation in Rome, Jobe or any of the other major cities.

AO is far from dead or losing its popularity, it is still one of the keystone sci-fi mmorpgs available, and is extremely worthwhile and entertaining to spend your time playing.

• WellesWelles Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by Darkened

Originally posted by NagelFire

On the same note, Ive heard the game in running strong. People still hate WoW and Elves. But I have no idea which one to believe (personal opinions and all these days).

Make a Froob account, login, and checkout the population around the starting area. Its ALWAYS packed with players.
    The run up to the ICC shuttleport, talk to the Neutral faction rep and get your Access Card - Borealis, then take the teleporter to Borealis and checkout the population in a major city - its absolutely PACKED there as well.
    Same situation in Rome, Jobe or any of the other major cities.
    AO is far from dead or losing its popularity, it is still one of the keystone sci-fi mmorpgs available, and is extremely worthwhile and entertaining to spend your time playing.

You can't make a fair judgment based on those areas since froobs now outnumber paying subscribers and the last time I checked the population was near 10k and that included froobs a significant drop form the 60k+ ao had during 2005-2006 and pre lost eden. Those players you see there are froobs for the majority and you should base judgment on the population of the expansion areas like shadowlands if you are going to get an accurate estimate.
  • DarkenedDarkened Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by Welles

You can't make a fair judgment based on those areas since froobs now outnumber paying subscribers and the last time I checked the population was near 10k and that included froobs a significant drop form the 60k+ ao had during 2005-2006 and pre lost eden. Those players you see there are froobs for the majority and you should base judgment on the population of the expansion areas like shadowlands if you are going to get an accurate estimate.

I'm sorry, but your mistaken.

The noob island certainly would be a poor way to judge it, but Bor, Jobe (which is in Shadowlands by the way, obviously you don't play), Rome and any of the major player centres are in no way a froob majority, most Froobs that cant hack it don't even make it off the noob island - the dated graphics usually prove to be enough to deter most half wits from subscribing, and if that doesn't do it then the complexity of the overall game usually does - noob island makes or brakes a Froob, and determines for most players whether they will sub or bail out.

All TL's of PvP are available, all day, every day. Thats a damn fine estimation of how many players are enjoying the game, even new players can jump into PvP  in the low TL's. Battlestations are rather popular atm, in all honesty.

Trade chat is overflowing, news is plentiful, the official forums are not as active as they once were (I'd be lying if I said they were), but are still used by many of the current population.

Last time you checked? what exactly have you checked if you don't mind me  asking. Where are you coming up with these mythical numbers? 60k pre LE? froobs outnumbering subscribers (a complete and bold-faced fabrication that could not be further from the truth, login to RK1 or Rk2 and see how far you make it with a Froob account, without perks your at a distinct disadvantage and thats just a start).

Many player start out using a Froob account, certainly, however almost ALL froobs who enjoy traditional sci-fi gameplay end up signing on for the long haul, buying the expansions and subscribing.

You have many opinions, and I have yet to hear you do anything but sputter out random percentages and numbers, where as I actually play and subscribe (all expansion account) and have been ingame and all over RK and SL recently and am judging from ingame experience over all areas. So please don't make assumptions based on your own lack of knowledge regarding the game.

The noob island certainly would be a poor way to judge it, but Bor, Jobe (which is in Shadowlands by the way, obviously you don't play), Rome and any of the major player centres are in no way a froob majority, most Froobs that cant hack it don't even make it off the noob island - the dated graphics usually prove to be enough to deter most half wits from subscribing, and if that doesn't do it then the complexity of the overall game usually does - noob island makes or brakes a Froob, and determines for most players whether they will sub or bail out.

All TL's of PvP are available, all day, every day. Thats a damn fine estimation of how many players are enjoying the game, even new players can jump into PvP  in the low TL's. Battlestations are rather popular atm, in all honesty.

Trade chat is overflowing, news is plentiful, the official forums are not as active as they once were (I'd be lying if I said they were), but are still used by many of the current population.

Last time you checked? what exactly have you checked if you don't mind me  asking. Where are you coming up with these mythical numbers? 60k pre LE? froobs outnumbering subscribers (a complete and bold-faced fabrication that could not be further from the truth, login to RK1 or Rk2 and see how far you make it with a Froob account, without perks your at a distinct disadvantage and thats just a start).

Many player start out using a Froob account, certainly, however almost ALL froobs who enjoy traditional sci-fi gameplay end up signing on for the long haul, buying the expansions and subscribing.

You have many opinions, and I have yet to hear you do anything but sputter out random percentages and numbers, where as I actually play and subscribe (all expansion account) and have been ingame and all over RK and SL recently and am judging from ingame experience over all areas. So please don't make assumptions based on your own lack of knowledge regarding the game.

Agreed. Furthermore, saying that someone would have to check the Shadowlands for an accurate assessment of the games population is a fallacy for a few reasons, such as the players who prefer the sci-fi feel of Rubi-ka to the more fantasy-like qualities of SL, the battlestation and AI/LE missions which are only accessible on Rubi-ka, the regular missions which are only accessible on Rubi-ka, new content which has been added to Rubi-ka (such as getting sets of Rhinomen leather).

A higher percentage of subscribing players actually play on Rubi-ka than they do in SL. And you don't need a database or poll to see that. All you have to do is play.

All TL's of PvP are available, all day, every day. Thats a damn fine estimation of how many players are enjoying the game, even new players can jump into PvP in the low TL's. Battlestations are rather popular atm, in all honesty.
    Last time you checked? what exactly have you checked if you don't mind me asking. Where are you coming up with these mythical numbers? 60k pre LE? froobs outnumbering subscribers (a complete and bold-faced fabrication that could not be further from the truth, login to RK1 or Rk2 and see how far you make it with a Froob account, without perks your at a distinct disadvantage and thats just a start).

My mythical numbers as you put them are based on fc's own information compiled by their marketing dept for their third party advertisers and is accurate as of February. I really don't understand your obsession with noob island and I doubt it has any effect on if someone decides to subscribe to expansions. Most people play ao as a froob simply because it is free concern over graphics is usually secondary to someone looking for just a free game to play. Your statement that most froobs sign up for expansions is quite an exaggeration most do the opposite and simply create alts. Every year fc extends the froob program for three reasons. The first being to lure in potential subscribers, the second the more froobs the more fc is able to charge advertisers for in game ads and fc does make quite a bit of revenue from this, third the rapture effect you might not be able to tell what percentage of the population is froob vs subscriber fc can and they know full well a majority of the populous would vanish overnight creating a severe lack of players and an empty world. If the froob program were canceled you would very much see what im talking about but its doubtful fc would cut off its own legs.

Froobs or suscribers, who cares at all. When you start hitting past level 30 even, you'll notice that many people are suscribers.

The in-game community is vividly there, wether you degrade it down to "they are all Froobs!" or not, people are playing, people are talking, the world isn't dead, and anyone past level 60 is gnereally a paying suscriber. Not to mention the fact that most cities are populated with at least 100 people at once, all level 180+ meaning they have been in the game for quite some time.

AO is not hanging on by a thread.........and regardless of what you perceive as Funcoms motives, its a great time in Rubi-Ka, and everyone is there to chat and play. Its a better community then I've witnessed in games such as WoW or FFXI or Vanguard or SWG....check it out, download your free acount and go talk to some people. Don't look at statistics.

- Farseen

• skitzo626skitzo626 Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by Fion

Age of Conan uses the Dreamworld engine, which is the same one used in Anarchy Online (though, clearly, it's been overhauled a LOT.) So Funcom is working on introducing the new engine and it's functionality into the old game. Don't expect AO to suddenly look like AoC quality graphics, but a release DAOC - present DAoC change is not out of the question. But it'll take some time.

Last I heard, the game has 100k subscribers and who knows how many more froobs (myself included lol.) Froobs become subscribers all the time, especially smart froobs who enjoy the complexity of it all. The game definitely isn't dying, but it's not on it's way to resurging to it's old self either (at peak the game had 250k subs, which considering the top was 400k at once with EQ, is quite a lot.)

Released on June 27, 2001, AO initially suffered from a bad launch, and after peaking at about 60,000 subscribers shortly thereafter, it began to rapidly hemorrhage customers.  Funcom eventually hired The Themis Group, a MMOG consulting firm, to stop the bleeding.  Subscriptions dropped to a low of about 20,000 before rebounding, growing to nearly 40,000 by the end of 2003.  Recently, FunCom started offering limited “free” game accounts that were supported by in-game advertising.  While reports are that this has caused the number of people playing the game to grow, the actual number of currently paying subscribers continues to shrink, to some 12,000 subscribers as of December 2005.

http://www.mmogchart.com/Analysis.html

How did you get 250k subs?

Originally posted by skitzo626

Originally posted by Fion

Released on June 27, 2001, AO initially suffered from a bad launch, and after peaking at about 60,000 subscribers shortly thereafter, it began to rapidly hemorrhage customers.  Funcom eventually hired The Themis Group, a MMOG consulting firm, to stop the bleeding.  Subscriptions dropped to a low of about 20,000 before rebounding, growing to nearly 40,000 by the end of 2003.  Recently, FunCom started offering limited “free” game accounts that were supported by in-game advertising.  While reports are that this has caused the number of people playing the game to grow, the actual number of currently paying subscribers continues to shrink, to some 12,000 subscribers as of December 2005.

http://www.mmogchart.com/Analysis.html

How did you get 250k subs?

Heheh, I think Fion was just trying to make a guess, and was a little optimistic.

Honestly, I'd say from what we've sat around discussing ingame and whatnot, that the game probably has somewhere around 40k users, that would be both fr00b and paid.

This is why the upgrades are so important right now. The game is really good, especially if you're looking for more depth and variety than most other mmorpgs.

But the lag from the servers and old code/new code spliced into each other on those servers, as well as being directx7 dependent (meaning everything including graphics all depend primarily on your cpu, graphic cards have minimal effect) and the outdated graphics, are what keep most people from really trying the game. Lag has gotten better since they did some optimizations a few patches back, so those with a half decent computer usually only get some door lag, or lag if there's a large number of people onscreen, such as raids and such. sad thing is, the upgrades will cost a few people as well, as alot of people who play the game ( and tend to be the ones who complain about severe lag, graphics probs, etc.) are running the game with comps that barely meet the games original (2001) requirements.

Most of us that play can deal with the graphics (although they are old, they really are not "bad" compared to some other games), but the modern (i.e. younger and newer) generation just can't seem to get past a games graphics to give it a shot.

Also, the game does have a rather steep learning curve with implant setups, skills, hundreds of different types of armor and weapons, tradeskills, and whatnot; so those who are used to just "level, throw on set of level appropriate armor, kill some more, rinse, repeat" become overwhelmed and leave.

Edit: By the way, I wouldn't get too reliant on that mmogchart site, as alot of it's info has been revealed in the past to be erroneous at best, and flat out made-up at worst.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Not to mention mmochart was basically abandon by "sir bruce" over a year ago.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <aostats version="0.6" timestamp="2007-08-04 15:06:03 UTC">
    <dimension name="d1" display-name="Atlantean" loadmax="2" locked="0" players="100%">
    <servermanager status="1"/>
    <clientmanager status="1"/>
    <chatserver status="1"/>
    <playfield id="505" name="Avalon" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="540" name="Athen Old" status="1" load="0" players="5.9%"/>
    <playfield id="545" name="Athen West" status="1" load="0" players="0.8%"/>
    <playfield id="550" name="Athen Shire" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="551" name="Wailing Wastes" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="560" name="Mort" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="565" name="Newland" status="1" load="0" players="0.8%"/>
    <playfield id="566" name="Newland City" status="1" load="0" players="1.6%"/>
    <playfield id="567" name="Newland Desert" status="1" load="0" players="0.7%"/>
    <playfield id="570" name="Perpetual Wastelands" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="585" name="Aegean" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="586" name="Wartorn Valley" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="590" name="Central Artery Valley" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="595" name="Deep Artery Valley" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="600" name="Varmint Woods" status="1" load="0" players="1.4%"/>
    <playfield id="605" name="Belial Forest" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="610" name="Southern Artery Valley" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="615" name="Southern Fouls Hills" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="620" name="Eastern Fouls Plain" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="625" name="Milky Way" status="1" load="0" players="0.7%"/>
    <playfield id="630" name="Pleasant Meadows" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="635" name="Stret East Bank" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="640" name="Tir" status="1" load="0" players="0.4%"/>
    <playfield id="646" name="Tir County" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="647" name="Greater Tir County" status="1" load="0" players="1.0%"/>
    <playfield id="650" name="Upper Stret East Bank" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="655" name="Andromeda" status="1" load="0" players="2.1%"/>
    <playfield id="665" name="Broken Shores" status="1" load="0" players="0.7%"/>
    <playfield id="670" name="Clondyke" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="685" name="Galway County" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="687" name="Galway Shire" status="1" load="0" players="0.8%"/>
    <playfield id="695" name="Lush Fields" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="696" name="Mutant Domain" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="700" name="Omni-1 HQ" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="705" name="Omni-1 Entertainment" status="1" load="0" players="0.4%"/>
    <playfield id="710" name="Omni-1 Trade" status="1" load="0" players="1.9%"/>
    <playfield id="716" name="Omni Forest" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="717" name="Greater Omni Forest" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="730" name="Rome Red district" status="1" load="0" players="0.8%"/>
    <playfield id="735" name="Rome Blue district" status="1" load="0" players="1.0%"/>
    <playfield id="740" name="Rome Green district" status="1" load="0" players="2.7%"/>
    <playfield id="760" name="4 Holes" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="790" name="Stret West Bank" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="791" name="Holes In the Wall" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="795" name="The Longest Road" status="1" load="0" players="0.4%"/>
    <playfield id="800" name="Borealis" status="1" load="0" players="5.7%"/>
    <playfield id="4001" name="Jobe Research" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="4005" name="Burning Marshes" status="1" load="0" players="0.6%"/>
    <playfield id="4310" name="Nascense Frontier" status="1" load="0" players="0.6%"/>
    <playfield id="4311" name="Nascense Wilds" status="1" load="0" players="0.8%"/>
    <playfield id="4312" name="Nascense Swamp" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4320" name="Penumbra Forest" status="1" load="0" players="0.4%"/>
    <playfield id="4321" name="Penumbra Valley" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="4322" name="Penumbra Hollow" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4328" name="Pandemonium Caina" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="4329" name="Pandemonium Antenora" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4330" name="Pandemonium Ptolemea" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4331" name="Pandemonium Judecca" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4530" name="Jobe Platform" status="2" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4531" name="Jobe Harbor" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="4532" name="Jobe Market" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="4533" name="Jobe Plaza" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4540" name="South of Elysium" status="1" load="0" players="1.3%"/>
    <playfield id="4541" name="West of Elysium" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="4542" name="Elysium" status="1" load="0" players="0.8%"/>
    <playfield id="4543" name="East of Elysium" status="1" load="0" players="4.4%"/>
    <playfield id="4544" name="North of Elysium" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="4605" name="Inferno" status="1" load="0" players="2.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4872" name="Adonis City" status="1" load="0" players="1.7%"/>
    <playfield id="4873" name="Adonis Abyss" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="4880" name="Upper Scheol" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="4881" name="Lower Scheol" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <distribution type="onlinecharacters" subtype="affiliation">
    <omni percent="46.1"/>
    <neutral percent="13.9"/>
    <clan percent="40.0"/>
    </distribution>
    </dimension>
    <dimension name="d2" display-name="Rimor" loadmax="2" locked="0" players="100%">
    <chatserver status="1"/>
    <playfield id="505" name="Avalon" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="540" name="Athen Old" status="1" load="0" players="4.6%"/>
    <playfield id="545" name="Athen West" status="1" load="0" players="1.6%"/>
    <playfield id="550" name="Athen Shire" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="551" name="Wailing Wastes" status="1" load="0" players="0.7%"/>
    <playfield id="560" name="Mort" status="1" load="0" players="0.6%"/>
    <playfield id="565" name="Newland" status="1" load="0" players="0.6%"/>
    <playfield id="566" name="Newland City" status="1" load="0" players="2.5%"/>
    <playfield id="567" name="Newland Desert" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="570" name="Perpetual Wastelands" status="1" load="0" players="1.0%"/>
    <playfield id="585" name="Aegean" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="586" name="Wartorn Valley" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="590" name="Central Artery Valley" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="595" name="Deep Artery Valley" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="600" name="Varmint Woods" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="605" name="Belial Forest" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="610" name="Southern Artery Valley" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="615" name="Southern Fouls Hills" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="620" name="Eastern Fouls Plain" status="1" load="0" players="2.3%"/>
    <playfield id="625" name="Milky Way" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="630" name="Pleasant Meadows" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="635" name="Stret East Bank" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="640" name="Tir" status="1" load="0" players="0.9%"/>
    <playfield id="646" name="Tir County" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="647" name="Greater Tir County" status="1" load="0" players="1.0%"/>
    <playfield id="650" name="Upper Stret East Bank" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="655" name="Andromeda" status="1" load="0" players="3.1%"/>
    <playfield id="665" name="Broken Shores" status="1" load="0" players="1.1%"/>
    <playfield id="670" name="Clondyke" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="685" name="Galway County" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="687" name="Galway Shire" status="1" load="0" players="1.0%"/>
    <playfield id="695" name="Lush Fields" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="696" name="Mutant Domain" status="2" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="700" name="Omni-1 HQ" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="705" name="Omni-1 Entertainment" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="710" name="Omni-1 Trade" status="1" load="0" players="0.4%"/>
    <playfield id="716" name="Omni Forest" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="717" name="Greater Omni Forest" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="730" name="Rome Red district" status="1" load="0" players="0.7%"/>
    <playfield id="735" name="Rome Blue district" status="1" load="0" players="3.5%"/>
    <playfield id="740" name="Rome Green district" status="1" load="0" players="1.1%"/>
    <playfield id="760" name="4 Holes" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="790" name="Stret West Bank" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="791" name="Holes In the Wall" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="795" name="The Longest Road" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="800" name="Borealis" status="1" load="0" players="6.8%"/>
    <playfield id="4001" name="Jobe Research" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="4005" name="Burning Marshes" status="1" load="0" players="0.6%"/>
    <playfield id="4310" name="Nascense Frontier" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="4311" name="Nascense Wilds" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="4312" name="Nascense Swamp" status="1" load="0" players="1.4%"/>
    <playfield id="4320" name="Penumbra Forest" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4321" name="Penumbra Valley" status="1" load="0" players="0.7%"/>
    <playfield id="4322" name="Penumbra Hollow" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="4328" name="Pandemonium Caina" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4329" name="Pandemonium Antenora" status="2" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4330" name="Pandemonium Ptolemea" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4331" name="Pandemonium Judecca" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4531" name="Jobe Harbor" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4532" name="Jobe Market" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="4540" name="South of Elysium" status="1" load="0" players="0.8%"/>
    <playfield id="4541" name="West of Elysium" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="4542" name="Elysium" status="1" load="0" players="0.1%"/>
    <playfield id="4543" name="East of Elysium" status="1" load="0" players="4.7%"/>
    <playfield id="4544" name="North of Elysium" status="1" load="0" players="0.2%"/>
    <playfield id="4605" name="Inferno" status="1" load="0" players="1.4%"/>
    <playfield id="4872" name="Adonis City" status="1" load="0" players="1.5%"/>
    <playfield id="4873" name="Adonis Abyss" status="1" load="0" players="0.4%"/>
    <playfield id="4880" name="Upper Scheol" status="1" load="0" players="0.4%"/>
    <playfield id="4881" name="Lower Scheol" status="2" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <omni percent="45.3"/>
    <neutral percent="12.7"/>
    <clan percent="42.0"/>
    </distribution>
    </dimension>
    <dimension name="dt" display-name="Test" loadmax="2" locked="0" players="100%">
    <servermanager status="0"/>
    <clientmanager status="0"/>
    <chatserver status="0"/>
    <playfield id="505" name="Avalon" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="540" name="Athen Old" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="545" name="Athen West" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="550" name="Athen Shire" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="551" name="Wailing Wastes" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="560" name="Mort" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="565" name="Newland" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="566" name="Newland City" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="567" name="Newland Desert" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="570" name="Perpetual Wastelands" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="585" name="Aegean" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="586" name="Wartorn Valley" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="590" name="Central Artery Valley" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="595" name="Deep Artery Valley" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="600" name="Varmint Woods" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="605" name="Belial Forest" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="610" name="Southern Artery Valley" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="615" name="Southern Fouls Hills" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="620" name="Eastern Fouls Plain" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="625" name="Milky Way" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="630" name="Pleasant Meadows" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="635" name="Stret East Bank" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="640" name="Tir" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="646" name="Tir County" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="647" name="Greater Tir County" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="650" name="Upper Stret East Bank" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="655" name="Andromeda" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="665" name="Broken Shores" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="670" name="Clondyke" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="685" name="Galway County" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="687" name="Galway Shire" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="695" name="Lush Fields" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="696" name="Mutant Domain" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="700" name="Omni-1 HQ" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="705" name="Omni-1 Entertainment" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="710" name="Omni-1 Trade" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="716" name="Omni Forest" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="717" name="Greater Omni Forest" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="730" name="Rome Red district" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="735" name="Rome Blue district" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="740" name="Rome Green district" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="760" name="4 Holes" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="790" name="Stret West Bank" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="791" name="Holes In the Wall" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="795" name="The Longest Road" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="800" name="Borealis" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4001" name="Jobe Research" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4005" name="Burning Marshes" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4310" name="Nascense Frontier" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4311" name="Nascense Wilds" status="0" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4312" name="Nascense Swamp" status="0" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4320" name="Penumbra Forest" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4321" name="Penumbra Valley" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4322" name="Penumbra Hollow" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4328" name="Pandemonium Caina" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4329" name="Pandemonium Antenora" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4330" name="Pandemonium Ptolemea" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4331" name="Pandemonium Judecca" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4530" name="Jobe Platform" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4531" name="Jobe Harbor" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4532" name="Jobe Market" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4533" name="Jobe Plaza" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4540" name="South of Elysium" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4541" name="West of Elysium" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4542" name="Elysium" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4543" name="East of Elysium" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4544" name="North of Elysium" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4605" name="Inferno" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4872" name="Adonis City" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4873" name="Adonis Abyss" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4880" name="Upper Scheol" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    <playfield id="4881" name="Lower Scheol" status="2" load="0" players="0%"/>
    </dimension>
    <dimension name="dg" display-name="Die Neue Welt" loadmax="2" locked="0" players="100%">
    <chatserver status="1"/>
    <playfield id="505" name="Avalon" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="540" name="Athen Old" status="1" load="0" players="7.3%"/>
    <playfield id="545" name="Athen West" status="1" load="0" players="0.8%"/>
    <playfield id="550" name="Athen Shire" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="551" name="Wailing Wastes" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="560" name="Mort" status="1" load="0" players="1.0%"/>
    <playfield id="565" name="Newland" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="566" name="Newland City" status="1" load="0" players="1.8%"/>
    <playfield id="567" name="Newland Desert" status="1" load="0" players="0.8%"/>
    <playfield id="570" name="Perpetual Wastelands" status="1" load="0" players="3.1%"/>
    <playfield id="585" name="Aegean" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="586" name="Wartorn Valley" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="590" name="Central Artery Valley" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="595" name="Deep Artery Valley" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="600" name="Varmint Woods" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="605" name="Belial Forest" status="1" load="0" players="0.8%"/>
    <playfield id="610" name="Southern Artery Valley" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="615" name="Southern Fouls Hills" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="620" name="Eastern Fouls Plain" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="625" name="Milky Way" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="630" name="Pleasant Meadows" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="635" name="Stret East Bank" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="640" name="Tir" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="646" name="Tir County" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="647" name="Greater Tir County" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="650" name="Upper Stret East Bank" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="655" name="Andromeda" status="1" load="0" players="1.3%"/>
    <playfield id="665" name="Broken Shores" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="670" name="Clondyke" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="685" name="Galway County" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="687" name="Galway Shire" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="695" name="Lush Fields" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="696" name="Mutant Domain" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="700" name="Omni-1 HQ" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="705" name="Omni-1 Entertainment" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="710" name="Omni-1 Trade" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="716" name="Omni Forest" status="1" load="0" players="0.8%"/>
    <playfield id="717" name="Greater Omni Forest" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="730" name="Rome Red district" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="735" name="Rome Blue district" status="1" load="0" players="1.3%"/>
    <playfield id="740" name="Rome Green district" status="1" load="0" players="0.8%"/>
    <playfield id="760" name="4 Holes" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="790" name="Stret West Bank" status="1" load="0" players="1.6%"/>
    <playfield id="795" name="The Longest Road" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="800" name="Borealis" status="1" load="0" players="7.6%"/>
    <playfield id="4001" name="Jobe Research" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="4005" name="Burning Marshes" status="1" load="0" players="2.3%"/>
    <playfield id="4310" name="Nascense Frontier" status="1" load="0" players="1.6%"/>
    <playfield id="4311" name="Nascense Wilds" status="1" load="0" players="1.8%"/>
    <playfield id="4312" name="Nascense Swamp" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4320" name="Penumbra Forest" status="1" load="0" players="1.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4321" name="Penumbra Valley" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="4322" name="Penumbra Hollow" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4328" name="Pandemonium Caina" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4329" name="Pandemonium Antenora" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4531" name="Jobe Harbor" status="1" load="0" players="1.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4532" name="Jobe Market" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4540" name="South of Elysium" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4541" name="West of Elysium" status="1" load="0" players="0.5%"/>
    <playfield id="4542" name="Elysium" status="1" load="0" players="0.0%"/>
    <playfield id="4543" name="East of Elysium" status="1" load="0" players="3.6%"/>
    <playfield id="4544" name="North of Elysium" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="4605" name="Inferno" status="1" load="0" players="2.3%"/>
    <playfield id="4872" name="Adonis City" status="1" load="0" players="2.3%"/>
    <playfield id="4873" name="Adonis Abyss" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="4880" name="Upper Scheol" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <playfield id="4881" name="Lower Scheol" status="1" load="0" players="0.3%"/>
    <omni percent="37.2"/>
    <neutral percent="15.7"/>
    <clan percent="47.1"/>
    </distribution>
    </dimension>
    </aostats>

Okay, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but all that packet tells me is what percentage of players are in each playfield, followed by what percentage of players are in each of the three factions. It doesn't provide the number of players on, though. Least not that I can see.