Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Age Of Camelot: "Catacombs" Screens

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Mythic Entertainment today released some screen shots from their upcoming expansion "Catacombs" for Dark Age of Camelot.  The shots show off the new upgrades to the graphics engine that will appear in this new add-on. Here are a few of the screens, you can see the rest in our gallery:

Catacombs Expansion
Catacombs Expansion
Catacombs Expansion

The screens compare the original "Dark Age of Camelot" character models side-by-side with new ones featured in "Catacombs." Note the detailed armor and clothing, and the upgraded facial features! These images will give you a glimpse of the graphical upgrades that make "Dark Age of Camelot" exceed the look of any available MMORPG.
In addition to enhanced graphics throughout the game, "Catacombs" adds new dungeon areas to each Realm, instanced content, new player classes and challenges for all character levels. "Catacombs" will be available in stores in December 2004.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• cathogacathoga Member Posts: 8

ohhh WOW!

I am afraid to say but i think mythic is on the right path here... these look much better than EQ upgrades,, I might come back to DAOC to try it out for sure.

• CelestianCelestian Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

[quote]

These images will give you a glimpse of the graphical upgrades that make "Dark Age of Camelot" exceed the look of any available MMORPG.

[/quote]

They can't seriously think that right? Have they seen anything beyond EQ? CoH alone has much better visuals than this. Best of luck and everything but they are far from ground breaking graphics.

• KazrKazr Member Posts: 2
    i've played coh and i don't think the graphics are that great, i mean they are good but not great.

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996
    FPS > high polygon count.

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.