Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best MMORPG (rm)

2»

Comments

• Jumper2kJumper2k Member UncommonPosts: 133

Probably EVE or Co* that are released right now.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that people actually like that piece of crap Atlantica. Nothing about it is worth rating above a 5/10. *sigh*

Currently Playing: WoW (somewhat)
    Testing: None
    Played: WoW, CoV, AL, SWG, VC, EVE, SWToR

• amigaonesamigaones Member Posts: 12

Guild Wars.

Playing: Guild Wars, Runes of Magic
    Waiting: Guild Wars 2

• PersephassaPersephassa Member Posts: 223

Of the currently available MMOs I think WoW is the best all-around and polished one. I'd much rather be play pre-NGE SWG, UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, or any other MMO prior to WoW's existence though.

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

I would have put LOTR on my list of top 5 games until I experienced the  frustration of the almost non existence of any LOTR  customer support..I cancelled my subscription less than 24 hours after that frustration set in.

• SchuftiSchufti Member Posts: 10

Well i was trying to learn c++ and 3D MODELING

but ill have to say... out of that list WOW

i know its quest based and boring ahhhh what am i saying its just plain stupid i tried lotro trial

3 words:

AMAZING

well that my opinion

COME BACK WHEN YOU HAVE AN EXCUSE!!!

• vettibabuvettibabu Member Posts: 4

WOW for all its worth. It will suck your life out but it will be worth it

• ZoomzooZoomzoo Member Posts: 82

I used to like LOTRO, but don't play it anymore since they dumbed down the healer class years ago. 

You asked best MMO not best MMO today.  The best MMO as far as I'm concerned was Planetside.  For all its faults, it was the only game I've ever played where I was in constant tension every minute I was on (and not safe in the sanctuary). The fluid massive battles and directional sound effects were mind-blowing. 

Honorable mention goes to original DAOC and Pre-Velious EQ.

The rest of 'em I've found boring within one day to two months.

Zoom

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

i c wot u did thar

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • dontposemedontposeme Member Posts: 1

I really love playing Silkroad Online and Flyff.  I dont really care much for the more mainstream mmo's like WoW.

• PistasyoPistasyo Member Posts: 8

For me Ragnarok Online is still one of the well-thought of game ever... Balanced skills and full control on stat builds.

• vonkeitzvonkeitz Member Posts: 166

i dont really know why many people like ragnarok.. maybe because it was first  mmorpg game released here in our country.. but i really dont like the game no offense guys..

• LnkennLnkenn Member Posts: 16

I Voted for World of Wacraft i played that game for a long time ( 1Year ) Untill i desided to stop paying a monthly fee...But still my vote was for World of Wacraft

• SwiftpainSwiftpain Member Posts: 35

I vote Ragnarok Online, since I have played it for like a zillion hours... I love that game, the player base is dying out :( It has been growing smaller and smaller ever since WoW came out. But It has some really fun stuff that make it one of my favs.

• HeidiHeidi Member Posts: 27

There is only one mmorpg that rules them all and thats Everquest 2.  Cannot get enough of photorealistic graphics and special effects.  I cannot believe that there are still people who think WOW is the best, but I guess they don't get out very much and see what else is out there on the market.

• jcurdmanjcurdman Member Posts: 5

Well I'll go for wow.. Maybe I should also try alantica online for a change..:D

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Max-O

Yeah... Matrix Online is okie. 

you mean "was"  they shut it down becuase it seemed to be the best at nothing, and SoE once again screwed up a game that could have been great.