Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP looting

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Thats it. I decided i am sick and tired of everquest clone MMOs! And both Conan and WAR , and this is now clear - do not dare to stay away from well tried wow/eq formula.

It is time for a change. And since EvE is bit to hardcore , only alternative will be POTBS.

But every time i try to learn more of this game, i find FAQ or any information is prety scarce.

And for me the main question is.

What happens when you defeat ship in PVP

1.Will you be able to loot it?

if yes

1. Will you loot only gold

2. Will you be able to loot cargo

3. Will you be able to loot functional parts - like cannons , gunpowder, sails , (maybe even crew) ...etc

Comments

• hazmatshazmats Member Posts: 1,081

Essentially cargo. And if you win a boarding action, you can sell the ship. (Only Pirates can keep it and use it)

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Thats great :)

But what happens if cargo was cannons or gunpowder, or other usefull stuff. Can you use it in upgrading your ship?

And can you use the loot in your own crafting enterprises ?

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

A lot of such information is either unavailable or scarce is because the game simply aint done yet, so many such fine details are still in flux. Once closed beta ends and things get finalized and nailed down, then you will see a lot more information available.

For example, the devs still have not finalized what the server population limits will be. They are getting close, and announced a range, but the actual number hasnt been finalized yet.

• isildurisildur Lead Designer, PotBSMember Posts: 84

You can steal cargo.  You typically cannot steal usable items like outfitting.  Anyone can seize a ship as a prize, earning commendations, except Pirates.  Pirates can steal the ship itself to sail, or can scavenge the ship for parts like guns, frame timbers, rope, rigging, and so forth.  Scavenge generates a random result; it's just what your crew is able to grab off the ship before scuttling it.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

Yeah but they say they won't have FFA servers?  Kinda lame to have looting but not open pvp in my opinion.  I was looking forward to this game until i learned that pvp would be in battlegrounds.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• isildurisildur Lead Designer, PotBSMember Posts: 84

Originally posted by sullivanj69

I was looking forward to this game until i learned that pvp would be in battlegrounds.
    I don't know where you 'learned' that, but it's incorrect.  PvP is in the world.  Large portions of the open sea are PvP+ at any given time.  We don't have 'battlegrounds' in the WoW sense of the word at all.

Just recently, PvP areas blocked off all the channels from the Atlantic to the Caribbean.  If you wanted to go from the Bahamas to the Gulf of Mexico, you had to either sail through a PvP area or circle all the way around to the Lesser Antilles.

We estimate 30% or more of the world will be PvP+ at any time, and within those areas it's open, cutthroat PvP.  And the PvP areas almost always clustered around the valuable high-level ports in the center of the map.  In fact, I don't think the pirate capital of Tortuga has been out of PvP in a week, at least.  Someone's always stirring up trouble there.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    Originally posted by Annekynn

A lot of such information is either unavailable or scarce is because the game simply aint done yet, so many such fine details are still in flux. Once closed beta ends and things get finalized and nailed down, then you will see a lot more information available.
    For example, the devs still have not finalized what the server population limits will be. They are getting close, and announced a range, but the actual number hasnt been finalized yet.

lol umm yeah they are technically done ... they said they would have hit the release date in june no prob .... but they had no publishing, so now there just polishing.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• FerusaFerusa Member Posts: 211

Rather then make a new post, and since this has the attention of a dev, i'll just ask here...

When you take over a ship, does it just go back to one of the ports automatically, where you keep all of your ships (also can you have more then one ship, tassuming you cant have a fleet of 10 ships controlled by one player running around.... 

In the "Open World PvP" , for some reason to me it sounds instanced , do you have to go to an instance when attacking a ship..or is that just misread? ,

if you successfully take over a ship, can you take there crew and make them walk the plank, or hey even have them join your crew?

If a player takes your ship, it was said they get your ship..does this mean you lose your ship, or does he just get the same ship you have, and you keep yours?

Though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• wuckswucks Member UncommonPosts: 114

Originally posted by Ferusa
    Rather then make a new post, and since this has the attention of a dev, i'll just ask here...
    When you take over a ship, does it just go back to one of the ports automatically, where you keep all of your ships (also can you have more then one ship, tassuming you cant have a fleet of 10 ships controlled by one player running around....
    In the "Open World PvP" , for some reason to me it sounds instanced , do you have to go to an instance when attacking a ship..or is that just misread? ,
    if you successfully take over a ship, can you take there crew and make them walk the plank, or hey even have them join your crew?
    If a player takes your ship, it was said they get your ship..does this mean you lose your ship, or does he just get the same ship you have, and you keep yours?

As a pirate (the nationals won't be able to capture ships for their own use) you'll recieve deeds for ships you capture, you'll then be able to exchange them for 1 durability ships back in a port.

You can have three or four* ships at once but only one can be active at one time. The ones you aren't sailing will remain in the port you left them.

All the battles themselves will be instanced. Attacking a ship in the open world will take you both into an instance leaving a little marker behind. But they will start from the open world.

If a pirate captures another players ship they'll recieve a 1 durability deed of it and the player will lose 1 durability from their ship. If it's the last durability point, it's lost; if not they go back to port. Any outfitting/cargo will be also be lost/stolen.

*depends which post you're reading :p

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Personnally I like the way they are defining the pvp areas.  It will constantly be in flux.  So you have to pay attention where you sail, might have to take the long way around instead of the short way or take a chance and sail through the pvp zone.